Chennai Local Train Block Updates
Southern Railway will conduct Line Block and Power Block on most of the days in Chennai Suburban section for the maintenance works of rail racks and other related works under Railway zones. Following are Chennai Local Train Block Updates.
- Major Train Block Updates
- Chennai Local Trains Tourist Tickets (Pass)
- Cyclone Nivar : Chennai Suburban Service ~ Updates
Workmen Special in Suburban sections cancelled from 10:00 hrs on 25th November 2020
Southern Railway announced that in view of NIVAR cyclone, Workmen/suburban specials over Chennai Division are cancelled from 10:00 hrs of 25.11.2020 until further orders. The operation of Workmen/suburban specials from 15:30 hours of 24.11.2020 till 10:00 hours of 25.11.2020 is conditional upon prevailing weather conditions.
Line Block/Power Block: 23.11.2020 to 28.11.2020
Line Block/Power Block is permitted in Chennai Central – Gudur Section between Attipattu Pudu Nagar and Attipattu stations for insertion of points at Attipattu and provision of Electronic Interlocking for 3rd and 4th line works from Attipattu Pudu Nagar to Attipattu stations from 23rd November 2020 to 28th November 2020 (except 26th and 27th November 2020) at various timings. Consequently, the following are the changes in the pattern of Suburban services.
FULL CANCELLATION OF SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES ON 24TH AND 25TH NOVEMBER 2020
- Moore Market Complex – Gummidipoondi Workman Specials leaving Moore Market Complex at 10:15 hrs, 10:45 hrs, 12:15 hrs, 13:15 hrs, 13:45 hrs and 14:45 hrs are fully cancelled on 24th and 25th November 2020.
- Moore Market Complex – Sullurupeta Workman Special leaving Moore Market Complex at 12:45 hrs is fully cancelled on 24th and 25th November 2020.
- Gummidipoondi – Moore Market Complex Workman Specials leaving Gummidipoondi at 09:30 hrs, 10:30 hrs, 11:30 hrs, 12:00 hrs, 13:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs are fully cancelled on 24th and 25th November 2020.
- Sullurupeta – Moore Market Complex Workman Special leaving Sullurupeta at 13:00 hrs is fully cancelled on 24th and 25th November 2020.