Booking and Cancellation of E-WHEELCHAIR Services at Railway Stations
Indian Railway is offering many facilities to passengers, and one among those facilities is Wheelchair service. This is a service by Indian Railway for senior citizen, differently-abled and patients. Following are the details of WHEELCHAIR services facility at Railway stations including Booking /Cancellation of Wheelchair, list of stations having e-wheelchair facility etc.
- E – Wheelchair Services at Railway Stations
- Wheelchair Lift for Specially-Abled Passengers
- Wheelchair Booking and Cancellation Procedure
- List of Stations Available for Online Booking of Wheelchairs
E – Wheelchair
E – Wheelchair Services at Railway Stations
E-Wheelchair service would facilitate Rail passengers at Nominated Railway Stations in booking wheelchair for sick, senior citizens, handicapped and needy passengers.
- Any passenger having valid confirmed / RAC / Partial WL reservation ticket may book the Wheelchair through website.
- The wheelchair is provided free of charge, depending on the availability on first come first service with booking voucher.
- The wheelchair(s) will be collected from and returned to Collection center at Railway station.
- The passenger/ attendant need to deposit Rs. 500/- in cash and a valid Govt. approved identity card, which shall be returned on return of wheelchair.
- No other facility is associated with E-Wheelchair.
- One booking is allowed per PNR.
List of Stations
List of Stations Available for Online Booking of Wheelchairs
List of stations currently available for online booking of Wheelchairs are following. Advance Reservation Period (ARP) for online booking of E-Wheelchair and Collection center of E-Wheelchair are also included here.
E-Wheelchair services are available for the Train departing between 08:00 Hrs to 20:00 Hrs only at ADI (Ahmedabad Jn.) station.
|S.No||Station Name||Station Code||Advance Booking Time(Upto Hrs.)||Collection Center||Contact Email||Contact No.||Railway Zone|
|1||AGRA CANTT||AGC||4||TFC at Agra Canttemail@example.com||9794863617||NORTH CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|2||AHMEDABAD JN||ADI||6||TFC at ADI Concourse firstname.lastname@example.org||9601649310||WESTERN RAILWAY|
|3||BANGALORE CITY JN||SBC||72||TFC at Bangaloreemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org||9741429437 ,9686575201||SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY|
|4||BHUSAVAL JN||BSL||6||Cell Kitchen at PF no. email@example.com||9752091658||CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|5||HOWRAH JN||HWH||24||Platform No 10 /TFCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9002040010||EASTERN RAILWAY|
|6||INDORE JN||INDB||6||TFC at PF email@example.com||9630098913||WESTERN RAILWAY|
|7||JAIPUR JN||JP||4||Jan Ahar, Jaipurfirstname.lastname@example.org||9001556999||NORTH WESTERN RAILWAY|
|8||JHANSI JN||JHS||4||Dy.SS(Commercial) office, Platform No.1, Jhansi Railway Station, Jhansiemail@example.com||9794863633||NORTH CENTRAL KANPUR CENTRAL JN|
|9||KANPUR CENTRAL JN||CNB||4||Refershment Room, Kanpurfirstname.lastname@example.org||9794844569||NORTH CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|10||LUCKNOW JN||LKO||4||Refershment Room, Lucknowemail@example.com||9794844558||NORTHERN RAILWAY|
|11||LUCKNOW NE||LJN||4||Refershment Room, LJNfirstname.lastname@example.org||9794844558||NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY|
|12||MATA VAISHNO DEVI KATRA||SVDK||4||IRCTC Guest house, Katraemail@example.com||9797540652||NORTHERN RAILWAY|
|13||MUMBAI CENTRAL||MMCT||6||TFC at MMCT Concourse Hallfirstname.lastname@example.org||9004082702||WESTERN RAILWAY|
|14||MUMBAI CST||CSMT||6||TFC at between PF no. 7 - email@example.com||9004082702||CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|15||NAGPUR JN||NGP||6||Food Plaza at PF firstname.lastname@example.org||9004082891||CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|16||NEW DELHI||NDLS||4||TFC at PF email@example.com||9717998975||NORTHERN RAILWAY|
|17||PATHANKOT CANTT||PTKC||4||Jan Ahar, PTKCfirstname.lastname@example.org||9779240607||NORTHERN RAILWAY|
|18||PUNE JN||PUNE||6||IRCTC Food Plaza at PF email@example.com||9601649321||CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|19||SECUNDERABAD JN||SC||24||TFC at Secunderabadfirstname.lastname@example.org||9701360702||SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY|
|20||VADODARA JN||BRC||6||Food Plaza at Pf. email@example.com||9001017986||WESTERN RAILWAY|
|21||VARANASI JN||BSB||4||Dy SS/Commercial office, Platform no. 5, Varanasi Jn.||firstname.lastname@example.org||9794863637||NORTHERN RAILWAY|
|22||VIJAYAWADA JN||BZA||24||TFC at Vijayawadaemail@example.com||9701360632 9701360634||SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY|
Wheelchair Booking and Cancellation Procedure
Details regarding Booking and Cancellation of Wheelchair at Railway Stations are following.
Booking of E-Wheelchair Service
There are simple steps to book E-Wheelchair services by Indian Railway.
- ✅Visit www.irctc.co.in
- Select E-Wheelchair under tab of ” SERVICE AT STATIONS “.
- Click on “E-WHEELCHAIR”.
- Enter Your PNR No. and click on “Search”
- Enter required details, then click on “Book”
- You will get the complete booking details. Click on ✅ “Print Voucher” for Voucher.
Cancellation of E-Wheelchair Service
No cancellation charges applicable on E-Wheelchair. Passenger may cancel the confirmed wheelchair booking online. Any amendment made is subject to cancellation of previous booking. The wheelchair is provided ✅ free of charge, depending on the availability on first come first service with booking voucher.
There are Simple steps to Cancel E-Wheelchair services by Indian Railway.
- Please visit www.irctctourism.com and Login through “Guest User Login”
- Enter your Email id and Mobile no. (With Pair) which you have used at the time of booking (Master Email ID and Master Mobile No. or Alternate Email and Alternate Mobile no.) and click on ✅ “SIGN IN”.
- Click on My Account, you will see a logo of Wheelchair Booked and click on it.
- You will see a complete list of your Wheelchair bookings.
- Select your ticket from “List of Booking” which is to be cancelled and click on the “Cancel Wheelchair” option. You will get OTP on Email id and Mobile no. which you have used at the time of booking (Master Email ID and Master Mobile No).
- Select No. of Wheelchair to Cancel, Enter OTP which you have received on mobile and Email ID, then click on Cancel Wheelchair.
- It will show complete Cancellation status details.
Wheelchair Lift for Specially-Abled Passengers
The Nagpur Division of Central Railway has added one more facility at the station for specially abled passengers by procuring a wheelchair lift, which lands you straight near your compartment berth, a famous newspaper reported.
This is the first battery-operated wheelchair lift procured from Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) across the Central Railway in the state. It has been bought under CSR project. Its cost is Rs3 lakh. It would benefit passengers immensely,” said senior divisional railway manager (SrDCM) KK Mishra.
On manpower to run the vehicle, Mishra added that even the manual wheelchairs are being operated by coolies.
“It has a very simple technique. We will train coolies in phases, who will handle the vehicle,” he said. “The vehicle will be powered by rechargeable batteries and can be driven and operated by most people with ease. Once charged, the vehicle operates for 25km,” says Bhargav Sundaram, chief executive of Callidai Motor Works, Gummidipoondi in Chennai, which manufactures the vehicle.
While Nagpur is first to get it, one each wheelchair lift will be supplied at eight other stations including Chennai, Delhi, Bhopal, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra, Vijaywada and Nizamuddin,” says IRCTC area manager Ahad Siddiqui.
The vehicle features a platform that can move upwards and downwards with the assistance of a motor which will also derive power from the battery pack. A belt winch mechanism assists in lifting and lowering of the platform.
The platform will include a wheelchair that would be tied down to the platform using suitable restraints, and passengers can either use this wheelchair as a seat or as a regular wheelchair.
Sundaram says this modified wheelchair can be removed and any standard wheelchair used by the passengers can also be used on this lifting platform to get into the coach reserved for wheelchair users.
Also, if a specially abled passenger wants to get into any compartment, this can be achieved using the modified wheelchair that will be supplied along with the vehicle.
The wheelchair can be rolled ‘in’ or ‘out’ of the train. It has been designed to move in narrow spaces (as in aisles of trains). On its operation, Sundaram says little effort is required to drive the vehicle as it will be operated by use of a joystick. It would take not more than a few hours for an operator to get used to driving this vehicle.