Bharat Gaurav Trains – Theme based Tourist Circuit Trains
Bharat Gaurav Trains is Union Government initiative under “Dekho Apna Desh” to promote Domestic Tourism. Bharat Gaurav scheme also aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India. Southern Railway becomes the first zone in Indian Railways to get the first registered service provider under the ‘Bharat Gaurav” Scheme and commence the operations of the maiden service from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi on 14.06.2022. Further details are attached.
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, announced (on 23.11.2021) the introduction of ✅ theme-based tourist circuit trains Bharat Gaurav Trains. Speaking to the media in a press conference, he said that these trains will help realise the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world. He further added that the core strength of the professionals of tourism sector would be leveraged to develop/identify tourist circuits and run theme- based trains to tap the vast tourism potential of India.
At present, IRCTC is already running several tourist circuit trains in Railways. With introduction of this policy, all tourist circuit trains w.e.f 01-04-2022 shall be operated as per the guidelines issued under this policy. This Bharat Gaurav scheme will now help in roping in of more tour operators with professional experience and will give boost to tourism sector in the country.
- Allotment of coaches for Bharat Gaurav Train
- Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Salient Feature
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Charges
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
- Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : FAQs
Indian Railway announced that during the year 2022-23(upto 30th November, 2022), 26 commercial trips of Bharat Gaurav Trains have been operated.
Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
Ayodhya – Janakpur : Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train
- The train will be operated by Railways’ PSU- IRCTC
- State of Art Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train with 1st AC & 2nd AC Class will start from Delhi on 17th February 2023 for 7 days all inclusive tour.
- Visit of pilgrimage and heritage sites at Ayodhya and Janakpur dham (Nepal) along with Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Varanasi and Prayag will be the major attraction in the itinerary.
- Tourist Train consists of 4 first AC coaches, 2 second AC Coaches, one well equipped pantry car and two rail restaurants. It can accommodate 156 tourists onboard.
- Online payment gateways shell for providing EMI payment option to the customers.
Indian Railway announced that to realize the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, Indian Railways is going to run its Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train on a very special tour “Shri Ram-Janaki Yatra: Ayodhya to Janakpur” covering two most significant pilgrimage sites Ayodhya and Janakpur from the neighbouring countries India and Nepal. The tourist train will start from Delhi on 17th Feb 2023 and this initiative will strengthen the bilateral relations and also promote the cultural relations between the two countries.
The tourist train will include the visit of Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Kashi and Prayagraj as added attractions in the tour. There will be two night stay in the hotels, one each at Janakpur and Varanasi respectively, while the visit of Ayodhya, Sitamarhi and Prayagraj will be covered in the day halt at the destination.
The State of Art Deluxe AC Tourist Train has a host of astounding features including two fine dining restaurants, a modern kitchen, shower cubicles in coaches, sensor based washroom functions, foot massager. The fully air-conditioned train provides two types of accommodation viz. 1st AC and 2nd AC. The train has enhanced security features of CCTV cameras and Security Guards for each coach and also equipped with infotainment system in the entire train.
The proposed 7 day Bharat Gaurav Tourist train tour has its first stop at Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, where tourists will visit Shri Ram Janmbhumi temple and Hanuman temple and additionally Bharat Mandir at Nandigram. After Ayodhya, the train will move to Sitamarhi Railway station in Bihar and tourist will further proceed to Janakpur in Nepal by buses which is 70 Km away from Sitamarhi Railway station. During the stay at Janakpur, tourist can visit to Ram Janki Temple, Sita Ram Vivah Mandap and Dhanush Dham. After visiting Janakpur, on the next day tourist will return back to Sitamarhi and visit Janki temple at Sitamarhi and Punaura Dham. From Sitamarhi, train will proceed on overnight journey to Varanasi. While at Kashi, tourists will visit Sarnath, Kashi Vishwanath temple & corridor, Tulsi temple and Sankat mochan Hanuman temple. Tourists will move from Varanasi to Prayagraj by bus and visit Sangam, Shankar Viman Mandapam, Hanuman temple and Bharadwaj Ashram. After Prayagraj, the train will return back to Delhi on the 7th day of its journey. Guests will be travelling roughly 2500 Kms in this tour.
In order to make this package more attractive and affordable to a large population, IRCTC has tied up with Paytm and Razorpay payment gateways for providing EMI payment option for breaking the total payment in small amount EMIs. Users can avail the EMI payment option for making payment in 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 or 24 month EMIs. These EMI payment options can be made through Debit/Credit Cards. COVID-19 final Vaccination is mandatory for all guests of the age of 18 years and above.
Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train launch is in line with the Government of India initiative “Dekho Apna Desh” to promote domestic tourism. At a price range starting from Rs. 39,775/- per person, train will be a 7 days all inclusive tour package and the price will cover train journey in respective class, Night stay at AC hotels, All meals (VEG ONLY), all transfer and sight-seeing in buses, Travel Insurance and services of guide etc.
Shri Ramayana Yatra by Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train
To experience India’s culture, Ramayana Express, under Bharat Gaurav Yatra, is getting flagged off (21.06.2022),” said Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, from Safdarjung RS, in the presence of Tourism, Culture & Development of North Eastern Region Minister G Kishan Reddy. India’s first BharatGaurav Ramayan Yatra Tourist Special train at Jaynagar before departing to Janakpur in Nepal
Southern Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
Madurai – Sainagar Shirdi 8th trip of Bharat Gaurav trains
The 8th trip of Bharat Gaurav trains in Southern Railway will be run from Madurai to Sainagar Shirdi and back. The round trip service will be organised by M/s. Travel Times, a registered service provider from Madurai to Sainagar Shirdi via Pandharpur and return trip to Madurai (Kudal Nagar) via Mantralayalam Road. The details of the 8th trip are as follows:
Train Nos. 06905 / 06906 Madurai – Sainagar Shirdi – Kudal Nagar Bharat Gaurav Train
- Train No. 06905 Madurai – Sainagar Shirdi Bharat Gaurav Train will commence journey from Madurai at 02.30 hrs on 24th December, 2022 (Saturday) and reach Sainagar Shirdi at 07.30 hrs on 26th December, 2022 (Monday)
- Train No. 06906 Sainagar Shirdi – Kudal Nagar Bharat Gaurav Train will commence journey from Sainagar Shirdi at 14.10 hrs on 27th December, 2022 (Tuesday) and reach Kudal Nagar at 08.00 hrs on 29th December, 2022 (Thursday)
4- AC Three Tier coaches, 6 – Sleeper Class Coaches, 2 -Pantry Cars and 2 – General Second Class and Luggage-cum-Brake Vans (Total -14 Coaches)
Coimbatore North – Kumbakonam : 8th Bharat Gaurav Train from SR
Southern Railway announced that 8th service of the Bharat Gaurav trains from Southern Railway will be run between Coimbatore North to Kumbakonam and back. The round trip service will be operated by M/s. M and C Property Development (P) Ltd., a registered service provider. The details of the 8th trip of Bharat Gaurav Train is given below:
Train Nos. 06903 / 06904 Coimbatore North – Kumbakonam – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav trains (Round trip service)
- The service of Train No. 06903 Coimbatore North – Kumbakonam Bharat Gaurav Train will commence at 09.45 hrs from Coimbatore North on 06.11.2022 (Sunday) and reach Kumbakonam at 18.00 hrs on the same day.
- In the return direction, Train No.06904 Kumbakonam – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav Train will commence at 15.00 hrs from Kumbakonam on 07.11.2022 (Monday) and reach Coimbatore North at 23.34 hrs on the same day.
One AC-First Class coach, Three AC 2-Tier coaches, Eight AC 3-Tier coaches, Five Sleeper coaches, One-Pantry Car and Two Luggage-cum-Brake Vans (Total: 20)
6 Round trip services of Bharat Gaurav trains have completed operations from Southern Railway so far while the 7th round trip service between Kudal Nagar and Amritsar commenced operations on 3rd November 2022.
Coimbatore North – Sainagar Shirdi – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav Trains
The Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi will commence at 18:00 hours on 14th June 2022 (Tuesday) and reach Sainagar Shirdi at 07:25 hours on 16th June 2022 (Thursday) with stoppages at Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Yelahanka, Dharmavaram, Mantralayam Road and Wadi. 1100 passengers boarded the maiden roundtrip service from Coimbatore to Shirdi on 14-06-2022.
During the onward journey from Coimbatore, this Bharat Gaurav Train has stoppage at Mantralayam Road station for 5 hours to facilitate darshan at Mantralayam temple
In the return direction, the Bharat Gaurav Train from Sainagar Shirdi to Coimbatore North will commence at 07:25 hours on 17th June 2022 (Friday) and reach Coimbatore North at 12:00 hours on 18th June 2022 (Saturday) with stoppages at Wadi, Dharmavaram, Yelahanka, Salem, Erode and Tiruppur.
Composition : First AC Coach -1, 2-tier AC coaches – 3, 3-tier AC coaches-8, Sleeper Class coaches-5 , Pantry car-1 and Luggage-cum-Brake Vans-2. (Total – 20 coaches)
Detailed arrival/departure Timings/stoppages of Coimbatore North – Sainagar Shirdi – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav Trains is given below
Registered Service Provider
South Star Rail is the registered service provider that operates this Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore to Shirdi and back. This Coimbatore based company is registered company and it is part of the conglomerate group – Future Gaming & Hotel Services Pvt. Limited. The service provider has paid Rs.1 Crore as security deposit to Southern Railway for the rake with a composition of 20 coaches. Besides, the company has paid Rs.27.79 lakh for annual right to Use charges and Quarterly fixed haulage charges of Rs.76.77 lakh. In addition, Variable haulage charges of Rs. 38.22 lakhs also has been collected towards the current round trip. All these charges are excluding GST.
From operation of this Bharat Gaurav train, Southern Railway would get a total fixed revenue of Rs. 3.34 crores per annum, i.e., an annual Right to use charges of Rs. 27.79 lakhs (exl GST) and Rs. 3.07 Crores towards Fixed haulage charges p.a. In addition variable haulage charge of Rs. 38.22 lakhs (excl GST) for the 5 day trip from Coimbatore to Sainagar, Shirdi and back will accrue to Southern Railway. Similar variable charges will be collected for every trip depending upon the itinerary.
The registered service provider has refurbished the interiors of the coaches and all the coaches will be manned with round the clock cleaning staff and whole team of service professionals to offer passengers a wholesome experience. Public address system has been provided in all coaches for regular communication, playing of devotional songs and mantras. In addition to option of offering the option of exclusive transportation services, the registered service provider also offers a package fare which includes transportation from Coimbatore to Shirdi and back, VIP darshan, bus arrangement, air-conditioned accommodation, facilitation by tour guide, etc.
Other features of the train service are:
- There will be a Doctor on board to attend any emergency
- There are Private securities engaged along with the Railway Police Force to protect us from any kind of harm
- There will be on board electricians and AC Mechanic and Fire and Safety Officers
- The train is maintained by branded housekeeping service providers who will clean the utility areas on frequent intervals and the caterers are experienced and rich in holding the traditional vegetarian menus.
- The coaches are fitted with high bass sounding speakers and an on-rail Radio Jockey to keep the passengers entertained during the journey. There will be devotional songs, spiritual stories and live interviews to keep the journey pleasant
- Completely Toxic-free and Smoke-free
South Eastern Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
SER Organises meeting with Tour Operators for Introduction of “ Bharat Gaurav” Trains
South Eastern Railway announced that a meeting was organised at SER Headquarters, Garden Reach on 03.12.2021 to brief the private tour operators about the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains. Mohd. Owais, Principal Chief Commercial Manager, SER met the interested tour operators and expressed hope that the new scheme of the Govt. would be a success. Shri R. Murugaraj, Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services & Catering), Sri Niraj Kumar, Chief Public Relations Officer and Sri S. Koley, Deputy Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services) were present at the meet and explained the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains to the tour operators. Representatives of some renowned tour operators were present at the meeting.
Tour operators will have the flexibility to decide the themes, tour packages and cost and will have the liberty to offer all inclusive packages to the tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing etc.
Tour operators can apply for registration online. They can purchase the rake directly from the Indian Railway Production Units or take lease from the railways. Required rakes will be provided by the railway under “Right to Use”. The service providers can decorate the interior and exterior of the trains and can earn from third party advertisements. Private operators will be granted to use the coaches for a period of minimum two years and maximum up to residual codal life of the coaches. “Bharat Gaurav” trains will have minimum 14 coaches and maximum 20 coaches with 2 SLR (Seating-cum-Luggage coach). The service provider can use the SLR portion of the train for carrying luggage. Two coach maintenance staff and one supervisor will be deputed on each train to attend maintenance related issue during the journey. Each “Bharat Gaurav” train will bear a unique number and will be given priority at par with other mail/express trains. The movement of the trains will be monitored by the division of the concerned zonal railway. A customer support unit will also be established under Commercial Department of the concerned Zonal Railway Headquarters.
South Central Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
South Western Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
Train Nos.06553/06554 KSR Bengaluru – Banaras – KSR Bengaluru Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan yatra
Hon’ble PM will flag off Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan Train No. 06553 KSR Bengaluru – Banaras Bharat Gaurav Darshan yatra train at 10:33 AM on 11th November 2022 which is scheduled to arrive at Banaras at 04:00 PM on 13 November 2022. It will run via Birur, Davangere, SSS Hubballi, Pune, Miraj route. It will fulfill the dream of numerous travelers intending to undertake Kashi Yatra.
This train is operated by Muzrai Dept of Karnataka, under Bharat Gaurav Train policy of Ministry of Railways.
In the return direction Train No. 06554 Banaras – KSR Bengaluru Bharat Gaurav Darshan yatra train will depart from Banaras at 05:30 AM on 15th November 2022 and arrive Bengaluru at 06:40 PM on 18th November 2022. This train will also have tourist halts at Ayodhya and Prayagraj.
This train will have a total 14 coaches.
Fare of Bharat Gaurav Trains
Govt of Karnataka has subsidised the fare by Rs 5000.
South Western Railway is happy to be a part of Indian Railways initiative of “Bharat Gaurav Trains” a theme- based Tourist Circuit trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
Indian Railway aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India. Registered service providers shall be offered rakes under “Right to Use” Model by Indian Railway for operations of Bharat Gaurav Trains. Option of procurement of new coaches directly from production units through NRC (Non-Railway Customer) plan is also available. Flexibility to decide the business model including themes, routes, itinerary, tariff and other attributes connected with this model. Any Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, Trust, Joint Ventures and Consortium are eligible to be a part of this new business opportunity.
Under ‘Right to Use’ model one can own a rake for a minimum of 2 years and the maximum period is based on the residual period of coaches.
This theme – based Bharat Gaurav Trains bring new business opportunities to private tour operators to be part of Indian Railways effort to showcase India’s rich heritage to the people. Interested stakeholders can register on the website www.indianrailways.gov.inunder “Bharat Gaurav Trains” link.
For any further information and queries, please contact
Customer Support Unit(CSU)/SWR,
PCCM Office, 2nd Floor,
West Wing, Rail Soudha,
Gadag Road, Hubli-580020.
Contact Number: 9731977955, 9901132263
The Government of Karnataka has accorded in-principle approval to operate the first Bharat Gaurav train of Karnataka.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Salient Feature
Indian Railways have issued the ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’ policy on 23.11.2021 with an objective to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places through theme based tourist circuit trains. The salient features of this policy are as follows:
- Registration and placement of rake request by service providers in online portal.
- Rake security deposit of ₹ 1 Crore per rake.
- Individuals, Partnership firm, company, Society, Trust, Joint ventures and consortium are eligible.
- A rake comprising a minimum of 14 and a maximum of 20 coaches.
- Applicable charges viz. Right to Use charges, Haulage charges, stabling charges notified and to be paid by service provider.
- Theme based refurbishments/minor modifications permitted.
- Indian Railways to retain ownership of the coaches and provide operational assistance including coach maintenance and stabling facilities.
- Service provider to have full freedom to decide itinerary, themes, package cost.
- Service provider to offer a comprehensive package with facility of rail transportation, accommodation, meals, local road transport, sightseeing etc.
- Branding and advertisement rights are permitted.
No fund is envisaged to be allocated for Bharat Gaurav Trains scheme as this is based on revenue generating model. As per this policy, service providers have full flexibility to decide the themes/itineraries for operation of Bharat Gaurav trains. Running of Bharat Gaurav Trains by service providers over Indian Railways including the State of Tamil Nadu is a continuous process and any additional trips would depend on the market demand and commercial viability.
Bharat Gaurav Trains Policy- Induction of LHB Coaches and Review of Applicable Charges
- Only LHB coaches will be allotted under the Bharat Gaurav Trains policy. Railways reserve the right to allot the coaches of any age and applicable Right to Use charges per coach per year.
- It has been decided not to levy the overhead component in the Fixed and Variable Haulage Charges. The applicable fixed and variable haulage charges have been revised.
- The revised haulage charges shall be applicable from the date of issue of this policy. There will be no refund/adjustment of already paid haulage charges.
- The existing service providers, who have already been allotted ICF rakes under the framework of Bharat Gaurav Trains Policy issued vide CC No. 14/2021, shall be given an option to switch over to LHB rakes under this policy for remaining period of agreement on the applicable charges and other conditions notified under this policy. Should the service provider opt to continue with already allotted ICF rakes, the revised charges shall be applicable with prospective effect.
- To ensure that Service Providers fîx the package costs which is commensurate with the services being offered, Service Provider shall print on the package costs invoice that “IR is providing approximately 33% concession for promotion of rail tourism under Bharat Gaurav Trains Scheme”
- The existing luxury tourist trains shall continue to be operated on the applicable charges (RU, Fixed and Variable Haulage Charges) already notified separately. As such, charges notified under this policy shall not apply on the luxury tourist trains.
Allotment of coaches for Bharat Gaurav Train
Operation of Theme-based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’ over Indian Railways
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to people of India and world
- To help tap vast tourism potential of India
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourists
- Indian Railways had launched the operation of theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in the month of November 2021. The objective of this theme is to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains. This scheme also aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Service Provider would be free to decide theme like Guru Kripa trains for covering important places of Sikh culture, Ramayana trains for places connected with Lord Shri Ram etc.
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourist including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit to historical/heritage sites, tour guides etc.
- Full flexibility to decide package cost based on level of services being offered.
- Choice of coachessuiting the clientele,different segments like luxury, budget etc.
- Free to design/furnish interior of the coaches based on the theme.
- Branding and advertisement permitted both inside and outside of train.
- Train composition will be of 14 to 20 coaches including 2 SLRs(Guard Vans).
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Easy one step transparent online registration process. Registration fee of Rs 1 (One) Lakh only.
- Allotment of coaches to all eligible applicants subject to availability. Priority to be based on the Rake Security Deposit Time and Date. Rake Security Deposit of Rs 1 (one) Crore per rake.
- Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, trust, JV/Consortium (Unincorporated/Incorporated) are eligible.
- Right to Use charges and Haulage charges notified in the policy for Service Provider to work out his business model.
- Right to Use Period: 2-10 years.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
Customer Support Units to be made functional in the field for hand holding the service provider and for smooth implementation of this scheme.
Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
Bharat Gaurav Trains – FAQs
✅ What are Bharat Gaurav trains?
These are service provider managed, theme based Tourist Circuit trains, to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical, natural scenic places to the people of India and the world. The Service Provider to offer a comprehensive package
with facility of rail transportation, accommodation, meals, local sightseeing etc.
✅ What are Tourist Circuit Trains?
These trains originate from a particular station and run in a route having multiple tourist destinations and terminate at the same originating station. Service Provider shall ensure that tourists cover all the destinations of the particular circuit during their tour and board / deboard only at their designated boarding / de-boarding stations.
✅ Who all can apply for registration for taking custody of Bharat Gaurav Trains?
Any Individual, Partnership firm, Company, Society, Trust, Joint venture, Consortium with valid credentials can apply for registration after paying a non-refundable registration fee of Rs 1,00,000/- (one lakh only).