Bharat Gaurav Trains – Theme based Tourist Circuit Trains
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, announced the introduction of ✅ theme-based tourist circuit trains Bharat Gaurav Trains, Ministry of Railway announced via press release on 23.11.2021. Speaking to the media in a press conference, he said that these trains will help realise the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world. He further added that the core strength of the professionals of tourism sector would be leveraged to develop/identify tourist circuits and run theme- based trains to tap the vast tourism potential of India.
- Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
- Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : FAQs
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to people of India and world
- To help tap vast tourism potential of India
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourists
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Service Provider would be free to decide theme like Guru Kripa trains for covering important places of Sikh culture, Ramayana trains for places connected with Lord Shri Ram etc.
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourist including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit to historical/heritage sites, tour guides etc.
- Full flexibility to decide package cost based on level of services being offered.
- Choice of coachessuiting the clientele,different segments like luxury, budget etc.
- Free to design/furnish interior of the coaches based on the theme.
- Branding and advertisement permitted both inside and outside of train.
- Train composition will be of 14 to 20 coaches including 2 SLRs(Guard Vans).
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Easy one step transparent online registration process. Registration fee of Rs 1 (One) Lakh only.
- Allotment of coaches to all eligible applicants subject to availability. Priority to be based on the Rake Security Deposit Time and Date. Rake Security Deposit of Rs 1 (one) Crore per rake.
- Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, trust, JV/Consortium (Unincorporated/Incorporated) are eligible.
- Right to Use charges and Haulage charges notified in the policy for Service Provider to work out his business model.
- Right to Use Period: 2-10 years.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
Customer Support Units to be made functional in the field for hand holding the service provider and for smooth implementation of this scheme.
Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
South Eastern Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
SER Organises meeting with Tour Operators for Introduction of “ Bharat Gaurav” Trains
South Eastern Railway announced that a meeting was organised at SER Headquarters, Garden Reach on 03.12.2021 to brief the private tour operators about the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains. Mohd. Owais, Principal Chief Commercial Manager, SER met the interested tour operators and expressed hope that the new scheme of the Govt. would be a success. Shri R. Murugaraj, Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services & Catering), Sri Niraj Kumar, Chief Public Relations Officer and Sri S. Koley, Deputy Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services) were present at the meet and explained the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains to the tour operators. Representatives of some renowned tour operators were present at the meeting.
Tour operators will have the flexibility to decide the themes, tour packages and cost and will have the liberty to offer all inclusive packages to the tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing etc.
Tour operators can apply for registration online. They can purchase the rake directly from the Indian Railway Production Units or take lease from the railways. Required rakes will be provided by the railway under “Right to Use”. The service providers can decorate the interior and exterior of the trains and can earn from third party advertisements. Private operators will be granted to use the coaches for a period of minimum two years and maximum up to residual codal life of the coaches. “Bharat Gaurav” trains will have minimum 14 coaches and maximum 20 coaches with 2 SLR (Seating-cum-Luggage coach). The service provider can use the SLR portion of the train for carrying luggage. Two coach maintenance staff and one supervisor will be deputed on each train to attend maintenance related issue during the journey. Each “Bharat Gaurav” train will bear a unique number and will be given priority at par with other mail/express trains. The movement of the trains will be monitored by the division of the concerned zonal railway. A customer support unit will also be established under Commercial Department of the concerned Zonal Railway Headquarters.
South Central Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
South Western Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
South Western Railway is happy to be a part of Indian Railways initiative of “Bharat Gaurav Trains” a theme- based Tourist Circuit trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
Indian Railway aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India. Registered service providers shall be offered rakes under “Right to Use” Model by Indian Railway for operations of Bharat Gaurav Trains. Option of procurement of new coaches directly from production units through NRC (Non-Railway Customer) plan is also available. Flexibility to decide the business model including themes, routes, itinerary, tariff and other attributes connected with this model. Any Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, Trust, Joint Ventures and Consortium are eligible to be a part of this new business opportunity.
Under ‘Right to Use’ model one can own a rake for a minimum of 2 years and the maximum period is based on the residual period of coaches.
This theme – based Bharat Gaurav Trains bring new business opportunities to private tour operators to be part of Indian Railways effort to showcase India’s rich heritage to the people. Interested stakeholders can register on the website www.indianrailways.gov.inunder “Bharat Gaurav Trains” link.
For any further information and queries, please contact
Customer Support Unit(CSU)/SWR,
PCCM Office, 2nd Floor,
West Wing, Rail Soudha,
Gadag Road, Hubli-580020.
Contact Number: 9731977955, 9901132263