Bharat Gaurav Trains – Theme based Tourist Circuit Trains
Bharat Gaurav Trains is Union Government initiative under “Dekho Apna Desh” to promote Domestic Tourism. Southern Railway becomes the first zone in Indian Railways to get the first Registered service provider under the ‘Bharat Gaurav” Scheme and commence the operations of the maiden service from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi on 14.06.2022. Further details are attached.
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, announced the introduction of ✅ theme-based tourist circuit trains Bharat Gaurav Trains, Ministry of Railway announced via press release on 23.11.2021. Speaking to the media in a press conference, he said that these trains will help realise the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world. He further added that the core strength of the professionals of tourism sector would be leveraged to develop/identify tourist circuits and run theme- based trains to tap the vast tourism potential of India.
At present, IRCTC is already running several tourist circuit trains in Railways. With introduction of this policy, all tourist circuit trains w.e.f 01-04-2022 shall be operated as per the guidelines issued under this policy. This Bharat Gaurav scheme will now help in roping in of more tour operators with professional experience and will give boost to tourism sector in the country.
- Allotment of coaches for Bharat Gaurav Train
- Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
- Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
- Bharat Gaurav Trains : FAQs
Allotment of coaches for Bharat Gaurav Train
Operation of Theme-based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’ over Indian Railways
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Objectives
- Bharat Gaurav Trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to people of India and world
- To help tap vast tourism potential of India
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourists
- Indian Railways had launched the operation of theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in the month of November 2021. The objective of this theme is to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains. This scheme also aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Scope
- Service Provider would be free to decide theme like Guru Kripa trains for covering important places of Sikh culture, Ramayana trains for places connected with Lord Shri Ram etc.
- Service Provider to offer all inclusive package to tourist including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit to historical/heritage sites, tour guides etc.
- Full flexibility to decide package cost based on level of services being offered.
- Choice of coachessuiting the clientele,different segments like luxury, budget etc.
- Free to design/furnish interior of the coaches based on the theme.
- Branding and advertisement permitted both inside and outside of train.
- Train composition will be of 14 to 20 coaches including 2 SLRs(Guard Vans).
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Process
- Easy one step transparent online registration process. Registration fee of Rs 1 (One) Lakh only.
- Allotment of coaches to all eligible applicants subject to availability. Priority to be based on the Rake Security Deposit Time and Date. Rake Security Deposit of Rs 1 (one) Crore per rake.
- Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, trust, JV/Consortium (Unincorporated/Incorporated) are eligible.
- Right to Use charges and Haulage charges notified in the policy for Service Provider to work out his business model.
- Right to Use Period: 2-10 years.
Bharat Gaurav Trains : Customer Support
Customer Support Units to be made functional in the field for hand holding the service provider and for smooth implementation of this scheme.
Modalities for Operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
Zone wise Bharat Gaurav Trains List
Shri Ramayana Yatra by Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train
To experience India’s culture, Ramayana Express, under Bharat Gaurav Yatra, is getting flagged off (21.06.2022),” said Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, from Safdarjung RS, in the presence of Tourism, Culture & Development of North Eastern Region Minister G Kishan Reddy. India’s first BharatGaurav Ramayan Yatra Tourist Special train at Jaynagar before departing to Janakpur in Nepal
Southern Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
Coimbatore North – Sainagar Shirdi – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav Trains
The Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi will commence at 18:00 hours on 14th June 2022 (Tuesday) and reach Sainagar Shirdi at 07:25 hours on 16th June 2022 (Thursday) with stoppages at Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Yelahanka, Dharmavaram, Mantralayam Road and Wadi. 1100 passengers boarded the maiden roundtrip service from Coimbatore to Shirdi on 14-06-2022.
During the onward journey from Coimbatore, this Bharat Gaurav Train has stoppage at Mantralayam Road station for 5 hours to facilitate darshan at Mantralayam temple
In the return direction, the Bharat Gaurav Train from Sainagar Shirdi to Coimbatore North will commence at 07:25 hours on 17th June 2022 (Friday) and reach Coimbatore North at 12:00 hours on 18th June 2022 (Saturday) with stoppages at Wadi, Dharmavaram, Yelahanka, Salem, Erode and Tiruppur.
Composition : First AC Coach -1, 2-tier AC coaches – 3, 3-tier AC coaches-8, Sleeper Class coaches-5 , Pantry car-1 and Luggage-cum-Brake Vans-2. (Total – 20 coaches)
Detailed arrival/departure Timings/stoppages of Coimbatore North – Sainagar Shirdi – Coimbatore North Bharat Gaurav Trains is given below
Registered Service Provider
South Star Rail is the registered service provider that operates this Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore to Shirdi and back. This Coimbatore based company is registered company and it is part of the conglomerate group – Future Gaming & Hotel Services Pvt. Limited. The service provider has paid Rs.1 Crore as security deposit to Southern Railway for the rake with a composition of 20 coaches. Besides, the company has paid Rs.27.79 lakh for annual right to Use charges and Quarterly fixed haulage charges of Rs.76.77 lakh. In addition, Variable haulage charges of Rs. 38.22 lakhs also has been collected towards the current round trip. All these charges are excluding GST.
From operation of this Bharat Gaurav train, Southern Railway would get a total fixed revenue of Rs. 3.34 crores per annum, i.e., an annual Right to use charges of Rs. 27.79 lakhs (exl GST) and Rs. 3.07 Crores towards Fixed haulage charges p.a. In addition variable haulage charge of Rs. 38.22 lakhs (excl GST) for the 5 day trip from Coimbatore to Sainagar, Shirdi and back will accrue to Southern Railway. Similar variable charges will be collected for every trip depending upon the itinerary.
The registered service provider has refurbished the interiors of the coaches and all the coaches will be manned with round the clock cleaning staff and whole team of service professionals to offer passengers a wholesome experience. Public address system has been provided in all coaches for regular communication, playing of devotional songs and mantras. In addition to option of offering the option of exclusive transportation services, the registered service provider also offers a package fare which includes transportation from Coimbatore to Shirdi and back, VIP darshan, bus arrangement, air-conditioned accommodation, facilitation by tour guide, etc.
Other features of the train service are:
- There will be a Doctor on board to attend any emergency
- There are Private securities engaged along with the Railway Police Force to protect us from any kind of harm
- There will be on board electricians and AC Mechanic and Fire and Safety Officers
- The train is maintained by branded housekeeping service providers who will clean the utility areas on frequent intervals and the caterers are experienced and rich in holding the traditional vegetarian menus.
- The coaches are fitted with high bass sounding speakers and an on-rail Radio Jockey to keep the passengers entertained during the journey. There will be devotional songs, spiritual stories and live interviews to keep the journey pleasant
- Completely Toxic-free and Smoke-free
South Eastern Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
SER Organises meeting with Tour Operators for Introduction of “ Bharat Gaurav” Trains
South Eastern Railway announced that a meeting was organised at SER Headquarters, Garden Reach on 03.12.2021 to brief the private tour operators about the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains. Mohd. Owais, Principal Chief Commercial Manager, SER met the interested tour operators and expressed hope that the new scheme of the Govt. would be a success. Shri R. Murugaraj, Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services & Catering), Sri Niraj Kumar, Chief Public Relations Officer and Sri S. Koley, Deputy Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services) were present at the meet and explained the different aspects of the “Bharat Gaurav” trains to the tour operators. Representatives of some renowned tour operators were present at the meeting.
Tour operators will have the flexibility to decide the themes, tour packages and cost and will have the liberty to offer all inclusive packages to the tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing etc.
Tour operators can apply for registration online. They can purchase the rake directly from the Indian Railway Production Units or take lease from the railways. Required rakes will be provided by the railway under “Right to Use”. The service providers can decorate the interior and exterior of the trains and can earn from third party advertisements. Private operators will be granted to use the coaches for a period of minimum two years and maximum up to residual codal life of the coaches. “Bharat Gaurav” trains will have minimum 14 coaches and maximum 20 coaches with 2 SLR (Seating-cum-Luggage coach). The service provider can use the SLR portion of the train for carrying luggage. Two coach maintenance staff and one supervisor will be deputed on each train to attend maintenance related issue during the journey. Each “Bharat Gaurav” train will bear a unique number and will be given priority at par with other mail/express trains. The movement of the trains will be monitored by the division of the concerned zonal railway. A customer support unit will also be established under Commercial Department of the concerned Zonal Railway Headquarters.
South Central Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
South Western Railway : Bharat Gaurav Trains
South Western Railway is happy to be a part of Indian Railways initiative of “Bharat Gaurav Trains” a theme- based Tourist Circuit trains to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
Indian Railway aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India. Registered service providers shall be offered rakes under “Right to Use” Model by Indian Railway for operations of Bharat Gaurav Trains. Option of procurement of new coaches directly from production units through NRC (Non-Railway Customer) plan is also available. Flexibility to decide the business model including themes, routes, itinerary, tariff and other attributes connected with this model. Any Individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Society, Trust, Joint Ventures and Consortium are eligible to be a part of this new business opportunity.
Under ‘Right to Use’ model one can own a rake for a minimum of 2 years and the maximum period is based on the residual period of coaches.
This theme – based Bharat Gaurav Trains bring new business opportunities to private tour operators to be part of Indian Railways effort to showcase India’s rich heritage to the people. Interested stakeholders can register on the website www.indianrailways.gov.inunder “Bharat Gaurav Trains” link.
For any further information and queries, please contact
Customer Support Unit(CSU)/SWR,
PCCM Office, 2nd Floor,
West Wing, Rail Soudha,
Gadag Road, Hubli-580020.
Contact Number: 9731977955, 9901132263
The Government of Karnataka has accorded in-principle approval to operate the first Bharat Gaurav train of Karnataka.