ANTYODAYA EXPRESS DETAILS
Antyodaya Express trains are completely Unreserved/General coaches by Railway of India. Details are as following including fare structure, main features etc.
- List of Antyodaya Express Trains
- Fare Details of Antyodaya Express Trains
- Features of Antyodaya Express Train
- Antyodaya Express : Complete Unreserved Train
List of Antyodaya Express Trains
The list and running days details, destination details of all Antyodaya Express trains running by Indian Railway are following.
|Antyodaya Trains At A Glance|
|Train No||Days of Services||From - To|
|Jalandhar City (Arr)||5.1|
|22886||Sunday, Thursday||Tatanagar - LTT|
|22841||Monday||Santragachi-MGR Chennai Central|
|MGR Chennai Central (Arr)||22.5|
|22895||Sunday||Durg - Firozpur|
|Bandra (T) Dep||5.1|
|16355||Saturday, Thursday||Kochuveli-Mangaluru Jn|
|Mangaluru Jn. (Arr)||9.2|
|Varanasi City (Arr)||6.45|
|Jalandhar City (Dep)||10|
|22885||Tuesday, Saturday||LTT - Tatanagar|
|22842||Wednesday||MGR Chennai Central-Santragachi|
|MGR Chennai Central (Dep)||8.1|
|Bandra Terminus (Arr)||16.15|
|16356||Sunday, Friday||Mangaluru Jn.-Kochuveli|
|Mangaluru Jn. (Dep)||20|
|Varanasi City (Dep)||9.15|
Fare Details of Antyodaya Express Trains
The fare Structure of Antyodaya Express Train are following.
- Base fare of Unreserved Second Class of Antyodaya Express train shall be 15% higher than the base fare of unreserved second class of Mail/Express Trains.
- Other charges like Superfast surcharges, Mela Surcharges if applicable etc.shall be levied separately.
The sample examples for charging fare of the Antyodaya Express train shall be as:-
Basic Fare = 367
Super fast Charge = 15
Total = 382
Antyodaya Express trains
Basic Fare = 422
Super fast Charge = 15
Total = 437
- Normal Child fare rules shall apply.
- Concessional tickets, tickets against free complimentary passes which are not reimbursed and Railway Privilege Passes/PTOs shall not be admissible in this train.
- Booking of tickets aganist Passes issued to Member of Parliaments and Rail Travel Coupons issued to MLA/MLCs shall be permissible as they are fully reimbursed.
- Defence warrants, Paramilitary warrants etc. which have fully reimbursable fare will be eligible for exchange as per the actual fare.
- The ticket may be printed with the name of the train Antyodaya
- Normal Cancellation and refund rule shall apply
Features of Antyodaya Express Train
Indian Railways introduced the first Antyodaya Express between Ernakulam and Howrah viz. 22877/22878 Ernakulam – Howrah Antyodaya Express (Weekly). The train service was inaugurated on 27.02.2017 by Minister of Railways through video conferencing from Rail Bhawan, New Delhi. As announced in Railway Budget 2016-17, Antyodaya Express are long-distance, fully unreserved, super fast train service, for the common man to be operated on dense routes.
The coaches of Antyodaya Express are fully unreserved LHB second class coaches with the following additional amenities:
- Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats
- Additional hand holds in doorway area
- J-Hook near longitudinal luggage racks
- Multiple Unit cables at both ends of the coach
- Vestibuled ends for internal movement of the passengers
- Potable Drinking water dispenser
- Mobile charging points
- Fire Extinguisher with anti-theft lock
- FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) Modular Toilets
- Pleasing interior colour scheme
- Toilet Occupation indication display board
- LED Lights
- SS Slip-free flooring at Doorway and Gangway
- Anti-Graffiti coating for exterior painting
Ministry of Railways has identified following Antyodaya Express which will be launched in Phases:
- 15567/15568 Darbhanga-Jalandhar City Antyodaya Express Train (Weekly)
- 22885/22886 Lokmanya Tilak(T)-Tatanagar Antyodaya Express Train (Bi-weekly)
- 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
- 22895/22896 Bilaspur-Firozpur Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
- 22921/22922 Bandra(T)-Gorakhpur Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
- 22877/22878 Howrah-Ernakulam Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
- 15563/15564 Jaynagar-Udhna Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
For getting the details regarding New Trains 2019 , please go though following link : – New Train Details 2019
Antyodaya Express : Complete Unreserved Train
Antyodaya Express, an Indian Railways train for the unreserved class, that was announced by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu during his Rail Budget speech this year, is all set to be ready by September-end, a famous Newspaper reported.
Five Antyodaya rakes are likely to be introduced in the current year. ICF (Integral Coach Factory) has finalized the design of the train, and it will soon start manufacturing the train’s coaches. Antyodaya Express coaches will be a modification of LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) type, ie. they will boast of a stainless body. This Train was one of the five new trains proposed by Suresh Prabhu in his Rail Budget. For the unreserved passengers, he had talked of two types of new trains and coaches, Antyodaya Express and Deen Dayalu coaches.
ICF has already rolled out a Deen Dayalu coach and it will soon start plying on high-density routes. Antyodaya will have the same facilities as a Deen Dayalu coach. The only difference between Deen Dayalu and Antyodaya is that the coaches in the latter will be joined together. “So while Deen Dayalu is manufactured on a single coach basis that can be fitted in any train, Antyodaya is a whole train only for unreserved passengers,” the newspaper reported.
Just like Deen Dayalu coaches, which are non-AC, Antyodaya will also have more comfortable seats compared to others in the general class category. All new facilities that have been introduced in the Deen Dayalu coaches, such as aqua-guard for drinking water, toilet occupation indication display boards, bio-toilets, fire extinguishers with anti-theft arrangement, cushioned luggage racks with coat hooks, LED lights, more mobile charging points and enhanced capacity dustbins, will also be seen in Antyodaya Express. Additionally in case of Antyodaya Express, for the first time Indian Railways will try out operations with locomotives at both ends. This the Railways says will ensure faster acceleration and deceleration and help in expeditious turnaround at terminals.