Ahmedabad – Mumbai IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS TRAINS
After the successful run of Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express, the ✅ second premium Tejas train is ready to run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai. Details of Ahmedabad – Mumbai IRCTC Tejas Express Trains are here.
This will be yet another step of the Ministry of Railways in its endeavour to improve the overall traveling experience to rail passengers by providing state of the art facilities. The inaugural run of this second Tejas Train will be flagged off from Ahmedabad on 17th January, 2020. The commercial run of the train will start with effect from 19th January, 2020 from Ahmedabad.
The train to be operated by IRCTC which also operates the first Tejas Train, shall be equipped with all modern facilities on board for ensuring a high level of comfort to the passengers. To start with, this fully air-conditioned train shall have two Executive Class Chair Cars having 56 seats each and Eight Chair Cars having capacity of 78 seats each. The total carrying capacity of the train will be 736 passengers. This Tejas Train will have scheduled commercial halts at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali. The train will run on all days of the week except Thursday.
The booking for this train has commenced and passengers can book their tickets exclusively on ✅ IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app ✅ “Irctc Rail Connect”. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters. However, passengers can get their tickets booked through IRCTC authorized agents. The train will also be available for booking through IRCTC’s online travel portal partners like Paytm, Ixigo, PhonePe, Make My Trip, Google, Ibibo, Railyatri etc
This will be yet another step of the Ministry of Railways in its endeavour to improve the overall traveling experience of rail passengers by providing state of the art amenities to them on trains.
This train 82902/82901 shall ply on Ahmedabad – Mumbai- Ahmedabad route for ✅ 6 days a week with Thursday as an Off-day for maintenance activities . The train shall be equipped with all modern on board facilities for ensuring a high level of comfort to the passengers.
To start with, this fully air-conditioned train shall have two Executive Class Chair Cars having 56 seats each and Eight Chair Cars having capacity of 78 seats each. The total carrying capacity of the train will be 736 passengers. The train will start its journey ex Ahmedabad in the morning at 06:40 hours and will reach Mumbai Central at 13.10 hours having scheduled commercial halts at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali. For the return journey, the train will leave Mumbai Central at 15:40 hours and will reach Ahmedabad at 21:55 hours having scheduled enroute halts at Borivali, Vapi, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara and Nadiad. Train will run on all days of the week except Thursday.
Following details are attached below.
- Train Timing (12.02.2020)
- Train Running Details
- Train Fare Details
- Ticket Booking Details
- Cancellation And Refund Rules
- IRCTC Private Trains Fare/Booking Details
- IRCTC TRAIN :- I. Train Nos. 82502/82501 LUCKNOW – NEW DELHI – LUCKNOW IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
- IRCTC TRAIN :- II. Train Nos.82902/82901 AHMEDABAD-MUMBAI CENTRAL AHMEDABAD IRCTC TEJAS EXPRESS
- IRCTC TRAIN :- III. Train Nos.82403/82401 VARANASI-INDORE IRCTC WEEKLY EXPRESS and Train Nos.82402/82404 VARANASI-INDORE IRCTC BI-WEEKLY EXPRESS
Salient features of the train are as under:
- Complementary On board infotainment services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
- High quality food and beverages will be provided to the passengers on board in the train and included in the ticket fare.
- Service in the train will be done through trolleys similar to airlines. Each coach will be provided with ✅ RO water filter in addition to the packaged drinking water bottle for each passenger.
- Passengers will be served morning welcome tea, breakfast and Combo Lunch/Snacks in Ahmedabad –Mumbai sector and Evening High Tea and Dinner in Mumbai-Ahmedabad as per itinerary timings. Passengers can avail of complimentary tea/coffee service at any point of the journey. Details for the same will be provided on IRCTC website. Tejas Express Menu Details
- IRCTC is planning to imbibe regional delicacies from the local and ethnic cuisines to suit the taste buds of passengers. On board hospitality services will be managed through professional and competent staff from either gender.
- All passengers travelling on IRCTC train will be provided with Rail Travel Insurance of up to ✅ Rs. 25 Lakhs, free of cost by IRCTC. This complimentary travel insurance also includes an exclusive coverage of Rs. 1 lakh against household theft / robbery during the travel period of the passengers.
- Besides, this special feature, in a first of its own, IRCTC will also pay a compensation of ✅ Rs. 100/- in case the train during its run, is delayed by more than one hour and✅ Rs. 250/- in case of delay of more than two hours to every passenger as compensation.
- In case of cancellation of train, ✅ automatic full refund of full fare on confirmed and /or waitlisted e-tickets will be made. There will be no need of cancelling the ticket or filing TDR in such case
- There will be ✅ no tatkal quota or premium tatkal quota in the train. There will be only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota. Foreign Tourist Quota of 6 seats in EC and 12 seats in CC will be available for Foreign Tourists.
- The booking for this train has commenced and passengers can book their tickets exclusively on IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app “IRCTC Rail Connect”. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters. The train will also be available for booking through IRCTC’s online travel portal partners.
REVISION IN TIMINGS OF AHMEDABAD-MUMBAI CENTRAL TEJAS EXPRESS AT SURAT STATION (12.02.2020)
Western Railway announced on 12.02.2020 that Railway has extended the halt of Train No. 82902/01 Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Tejas Express at Surat station. Accordingly, the timings of Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Tejas Express (except Thursday) at Surat station are revised with immediate effect. The revised timings are as under:
|Train No.||Train Name||Station||Existing Timings||Revised Timings|
|82902||Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Tejas Express (Except Thursday)||Surat||09.35/09.38||09.35/09.40|
|82901||Mumbai Central – Ahmedabad Tejas Express (Except Thursday)||Surat||18.47/18.50||18.45/18.50|
Train Running Details
- On its inaugural run, on 17.01.2020 Train no. 09426 Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas express will leave Ahmedabad at 09:30 hrs and will reach Mumbai Central at 16:00 hrs . Similarly, in return direction, train No. 09425 Mumbai Central -Ahmedabad will depart from Mumbai Central at 17:15 hrs and will arrive Ahmedabad at 23:30 hrs.
- Train No. 82902 Ahmedabad -Mumbai CentralTejas Express ( Except Thursday) will leave Ahmedabad at 06:40 hrs and will reach Mumbai Central at 13:10 hrs.
- Train No. 82901 Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Tejas Express (Except Thursday) will depart Mumbai Central at 15:40 hrs and will arrive Ahmedabad at 21:55 hrs .
Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali stations on both directions.
Chair car and Executive Chair car .
Train Fare Details
- Train fare will be ✅ dynamic in nature keeping in consideration the prevailing bus, taxi, rail and airfares.
- Train will have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. Further, train fares will be on point to point basis.
- There will be ✅ no tatkal quota or premium tatkal quota in the train.
- There will be only ✅ General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota. Foreign Tourist Quota of 6 seats in EC and 12 seats in CC will be available for Foreign Tourists.
Ticket Booking Details
- Detailed information about the facilities at stations and in the train, rules for ticket booking, procedures, refunds and cancellations etc will be made available to users on IRCTC website, once the train is made available for booking.
- Ahmedabad –Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Tejas Train has been opened for booking for passengers both for the inaugural run(Train no 09426/09425) on the 17th January, 2020 and the regular run( Train No 82902/82901) starting from 19/01/2020.
Cancellation / Refund
Cancellation And Refund Rules
- If a ✅ Waitlisted Ticket is presented for cancellation up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, a clerkage charge of only Rs. 25/- per passenger shall be deducted from the ticket amount and balance refunded online. Indian Railways deducts Rs. 65 per passenger as clerkage from AC class passengers in such case.
- If a ✅ Fully waitlisted ticket is dropped at the time of train charting due to no seats being offered to the passenger, full ticket amount will be refunded online. No clerkage will be deducted on such tickets. Indian Railways deducts Rs. 65 per passenger as clerkage from AC class passengers in such case.
- If a ✅ partially confirmed ticket is cancelled after chart preparation and up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure of the train, full ticket amount will be refunded. No clerkage will be deducted. Indian Railways deducts Rs. 65 per passenger as clerkage from AC class passengers in such case.