AC Three Tier Economy Class Coach Details
Indian Railways rolls out ✅ AC Three Tier Economy Class Coaches, the details including features and fare of the train are following.
- Details of Trains with 3 AC Economy Coaches
- Main Features of AC Three Tier Economy Class Coach
- Fare of AC Three Tier Economy Class Coaches
Introduction Of Economy Class Coaches
Rail Coach Factory, Kaputhala rolled out first rake of 15 AC three-tier economy class coaches on 31.05.2021.
Main features and improved facilities provided are as follows:
- Capacity of 83 berths as against 72 berths of AC three-tier coach.
- Provided with one disabled friendly toilet.
- AC ducting redesigned to provide individual AC vents for each berth.
- Improved and modular design of seats & berths, foldable snack tables & water holders.
- Individual reading lights, mobile charging points with USB ports.
- Improved fire safety furnishing compliant to EN 45545-2 HL3 standard.
Subject to operational feasibility, traffic pattern & availability of Rolling Stock, induction of economy class coaches is being undertaken over Indian railways. As on 15.03.2022, 65 economy class coaches have been inducted over Indian Railways.
Details of Trains with 3 AC Economy Coaches
Indian Railway announced that soon, two more trains, Train No. 02429/02430 New Delhi-Lucknow AC special and Train No. 02229/02230 Lucknow Mail will be augmented with this new 3AC Economy coach. Initially, 50 new Economy coaches manufactured by Rail Coach Factory, Kaputhala, are ready to offer services in Mail/Express trains over different zones.
AC-3 Tier Economy Coaches in Mumbai-Patna Express
Central Railway announced that CR have decided to attach one AC-3 Tier Economy coach to below mentioned train from the dates mentioned against each.
Train Nos.13202/13201 LTT – Patna
- Train No.13202 LTT-Patna Express with effect from 22.09.2022
- Train No.13201 Patna- LTT Express with effect from 20.09.2022
Revised composition of Train No.13202/13201: One First AC, Two AC-2 Tier, 6 AC-3 Tier, one AC-3 Tier Economy, 6 Sleeper Class, 4 General Second Class including one Guard’s Brake Van, one Pantry car and one Generator Van.
Train No. 02512 Kochuveli-Gorakhpur Triweekly Superfast Special Trains
Train No. 02945/46 Mumbai Central – Okha Special Trains
Train No. 02945/46 Mumbai Central – Okha Special will be augmented with one AC 3 Tier Economy coach Ex Mumbai Central from 29 October.
Train No. 09252/51 Okha – Somnath Special Trains
Train No. 09252/51 Okha – Somnath Special will be augmented with one AC 3 Tier Economy coach Ex Okha from 30 October.
Booking for the AC 3-Tier Economy coach of Train No. 02945/46 will be opened w.e.f 28 October and for Train No. 09252/51 will be opened w.e.f 29 October at PRS counters and on IRCTC website. For detailed information regarding timings of halts and composition, passengers may please
Train Nos.02989/90 Dadar–Ajmer Superfast Special
One AC Three Tier Economy Coach Attached in Train Nos.02989/90 Dadar–Ajmer Superfast Special on Temporary Basis
Western Railway announced that for the convenience of the passengers, WR has attached one AC 3-Tier Economy coach on temporary basis in Train Nos.02989/90 Dadar–Ajmer Superfast Special.
Train Nos.02989/02990 Dadar – Ajmer Superfast special will be augmented with one AC 3 Tier Economy Coach Ex Dadar from 23.09.2021 to 15.11.2021 and Ex Ajmer from 22.09.2021 to 14.11.2021.
The booking for the AC 3- Tier Economy coach of Train No.02989 has been opened with immediate effect at PRS counters and on IRCTC website,
Gati Shakti Economy Class AC Train
- Train Nos.01684/01683 Anand Vihar(T) – Patna Gati Shakti Economy Class AC Train.
- Festival Gift to the people of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar & National Capital Region
- Economy AC Coaches
- Enhanced Capacity Per Coach – Increased passenger Capacity from 72 to 83 Berths.
- Train carries 1660 passengers
- Reduced Fare – Fare less than 3 Tier normal AC coach.
- 10 trips planned for festival period
- Folding Table, Reading light and Mobile Charging point on every seat.
- Modular design of seats and berths to improve comfort.
- Illuminated berth indicators integral with night lights
- Divyangjan friendly toilet with wheelchair access
- Train No. 01684 Anand Vihar Terminal-Patna Jn. Gati Shakti Superfast Special train will depart from Anand Vihar Terminal at 11.10 p.m. on 29.10.2021, 31.10.2021, 02.11.2021, 05.11.2021 & 07.11.2021 to arrive at Patna Jn. at 03.45 p.m. the next day.
- Train No. 01683 Patna Jn.- Anand Vihar Terminal Gati Shakti Superfast Special train will depart from Patna Jn. at 05.45 p.m. on 30.10.2021, 01.11.2021, 03.11.2021, 06.11.2021 & 08.11.2021 to arrive at Anand Vihar Terminal at 09.50 a.m. the next day.
Train Nos.04011/04012 Delhi – Hoshiarpur Express Special Trains
One 1st AC cum 2nd AC Composite Coach has been inducted in train service number
From Delhi till 10.12.2021 and from Hoshiarpur till 11.12.2021
First AC-cum-2nd AC Composite Coach has been inducted on experimental basis for a period of Three Months in following trains :-
Train Nos.14011/14012 Delhi – Hoshiarpur – Delhi Express (presently running as 04011/04012 Delhi – Hoshiarpur – Delhi Exp. Special)
North Central Railway
Train No.02403/02404 Prayagraj-Jaipur Express
North Central Railway announced that NCR introduced 3 AC economy coaches in Train No. 02403 (Prayagraj-Jaipur express) on 6/9/21. These passenger friendly coaches have 83 berths & fares is 8% less as compared to AC 3
Main Features of AC Three Tier Economy Class Coach
These coaches is having passenger capacity of 83 berths
These LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) Economy class coaches, after necessary sanctions, shall be inducted in all Mail / Express trains running with LHB coaches (except Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Jan Shatabdi etc. special type trains). Indian Railways Production Unit, Railway Coach Factory, Kapurthala has recently rolled out the first prototype Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) AC three-tier economy class coach of Indian Railways (IR). Trial has been successfully completed.
This is a new variant of LHB AC three-tier coach with features enumerated as below:-
- Electrical panels with reduced footprint on the passenger deck, releasing additional floor space for passenger use.
- Increased Passenger capacity of 83 Berths.
- Provision of an enabling entrance and compartment for Divyangjan with wheelchair access and Provision of Divyangjan friendly toilet with wheelchair access complying to Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan norms.
- AC ducting by providing individual vents for all berths.
- Modular design of seats and berths to improve comfort, reduced weight and higher maintainability.
- Improved passenger conveniences in form of foldable snack tables in both longitudinal and transverse bays, injury free spaces and holders for water bottles, mobile phone and magazines.
- Individual reading lights and mobile charging points for each berth.
- Ergonomically improved design of ladder for accessing the middle and upper berths.
- Increased headroom in the middle and upper berths.
- Improved design of the Indian and the Western style lavatories.
- Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomic entrance.
- Luminescent aisle markers.
- Illuminated berth indicators integral with night lights with luminescent berth numbers.
- Foldable snack tables in both longitudinal and transverse bays.
- Individual AC vents for each berth.
- Wider toilet door and entrance door for Divyangjan in each coach.
- Individual reading lamp and USB charging points for each berth.
- Increased headroom for both middle and upper berths.
- Public address and passenger information systems.
- Improving fire safety by using material in compliance with EN45545- 2HL3, the global benchmark for fire safety.
- CCTV Camera.
- Improved design of ladder for accessing the upper and middle berths.
- These LHB Economy class coaches, after necessary sanctions, shall be inducted in all Mail / Express trains running with LHB coaches (except Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Jan Shatabdi etc. special type trains).