AUGMENTATION OF 9 CAR SERVICES TO 12 CAR EMU RAKES ON HARBOUR LINE
Western Railway announced that for the convenience of the passengers, it has been decided by Western Railway to augment the remaining six 9-car services to 12 car EMU rakes on the harbour line. The following services will be augmented from 9 cars to 12 cars with effect from 5th September, 2016, with this augmentation the 12 car services on the Western Railways suburban section will be increased to 1289 services. Following are the details.
- Train No WAD2/91392 : From Andheri : 11:45 : To CST : 12:29
- Train No.WAD1/91393 : From CST : 12.35 : To Andheri : 13:17
- Train No.WAD4/91394 : From Andheri : 13:26 : To CST : 14:09
- Train No.WAD3/91395 : From CST : 14:16 : To Andheri : 15:00
- Train No.WAD6/91396 : From Andheri : 19:55 : To CST : 20:39
- Train No. WBO1/91491 : From CST : 20:45 : To Borivali : 21:50
261 services on Mumbai Harbour Line increased from 9 to 12 car in 2 months and Railway Minster directed for 300 more.
HARBOUR LINE TRAINS CONVERSION COMPLETED SOON
All the 9-car trains on the harbour line will be converted to 12-car rakes by June end of this year itself, Railway announced. On Harbour line there are 600 services, still now Central Railway converted 50 trains into 12 cars from 9 cars on Harbour line.
Railway also decided to change the level of platforms to the level of train foot board of Harbour line and slow corridor of main line on Central railway. Currently there is a huge gap between train foot board and platforms, it is creating more accidents and it is uncomfortable to senior citizens and children to get down and get in the trains , but if the platform height is like the Metro it will help to reduce the level of accident risk.
14 More 12-car services on Harbour Line from 18.5.2016
Central Railway has decided to induct Third 12-car EMU rake in to service on Harbour line with effect from 18.5.2016. With the induction of this third rake from 18.5.2016, in all 39 services on Harbour line will run with 12-car instead of 9-car. Running of one 12-car service instead of 9-car will increase the passenger carrying capacity by 33%. The overall increase in passenger carrying capacity is equivalent to 13 additional services on Harbour line. This will benefit the Harbour line commuters and less crowding. The details of 14 services which will run with 12-car from 18.5.2016 are following.
- Train No.98314 : From – Belapur – Departed at 06.05 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 07.08 hrs
- Train No.98043 : From – CST – Departed at 07.12 hrs : To – Panvel – Arrived at 08.30 hrs
- Train No.98050 : From – Panvel – Departed at 08.38 hrs : To – Vadala Road – Arrived at 09.37 hrs
- Train No.98321 : From – Vadala Road – Departed at 09.43 hrs : To – Belapur – Arrived at 10.29 hrs
- Train No.98338 : From – Belapur – Departed at 10.38 hrs : To – Vadala Road – Arrived at 11.24 hrs
- Train No.98333 : From – Vadala Road – Departed at 11.35 hrs : To – Belapur – Arrived at 12.21 hrs
- Train No.98350 : From – Belapur – Departed at 12.28 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 13.32 hrs
- Train No.98531 : From – CST – Departed at 13.36 hrs : To – Vashi – Arrived at 14.24 hrs
- Train No.98542 : From – Vashi – Departed at 14.32 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 15.20 hrs
- Train No.98129 : From – CST – Departed at 15.25 hrs : To – Panvel – Arrived at 16.43 hrs
- Train No.98140 : From – Panvel – Departed at 16.54 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 18.12 hrs
- Train No.98547 : From – CST – Departed at 18.16 hrs : To – Vashi – Arrived at 19.04 hrs
- Train No.98568 : From – Vashi – Departed at 19.12 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 20.00 hrs
- Train No.98187 : From – CST – Departed at 20.04 hrs : To – Panvel – Arrived at 21.23 hrs
All 14 services will run with 12-car on all days.
11 More 12-car services on Harbour Line from 17.5.2016
Central Railway has decided to induct one more 12-car EMU rake in to service on Harbour line with immediate effect. The first 12-car was inducted in to service on Harbour line with effect from 29.4.2016 in 14 existing 9 car services. With the induction of this second 12-car EMU rake another 11 services on Harbour line will run with 12-car. In all 25 services on Harbour line will run with 12-car henceforth. The details are following.
- Train No.98522 : From – Vashi – Departed at 07.21 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 08.09 hrs
- Train No.98053 : From – CST – Departed at 08.13 hrs : To – Panvel – Arrived at 09.31 hrs
- Train No.98062 : Panvel – Departed at 09.39 hrs : To – CST – Arrived at 10.56 hrs
- Train No.98523 : CST – Departed at 11.00 hrs : To Vashi – Arrived at 11.48 hrs
- Train No.98550 : Vashi – Departed at 16.24 hrs: To CST – Arrived at 17.12 hrs
- Train No.98359 : CST – Departed at 17.16 hrs : To Belapur – Arrived at 18.20 hrs
- Train No.98380 : Belapur – Departed at 18.38 hrs : To CST – Arrived at 19.43 hrs
- Train No.98555 : CST – Departed at 19.47 hrs : To Vashi – Arrived at 20.36 hrs
- Train No.98576 : Vashi – Departed at 20.48 hrs : To CST – Arrived at 21.37 hrs
- Train No.98207 : CST – Departed at 21.41 hrs : To Panvel – Arrived at 22.59 hrs
- Train No.98216 : Panvel – Departed at 23.14 hrs : To – Vashi – Arrived at 23.44 hrs
Train No.98522 and Train No.98523, will not run on Sundays and listed holidays
Train No.98053 and Train No.98062 will run with 9-car service on Sunday and listed holidays
INTRODUCTION OF 12 CAR SERVICES ON HARBOUR LINE
Central Railway introduced 12 car services on Harbour Line from 29.04.2016. Initially 14 existing 9 car services will be run with 12 car services. A total of 50 services are run on the Harbour Line between CST and Panvel, and CST and Andheri, Central Railway plans to introduce more such rake in the next fortnight. In 1925 Railway introduced4-car rakes. In 1927 Railway introduced 8-car rakes. In 1963 9-car rakes was introduced by Railway, and this year railway introduced 12 car rake in the Harbour Line. Following are the details.
- Train No.98516 From Vashi Depaprted at 06.00 hrs To Vadala Road Arrival at 06.30 hrs
- Train No.98033 From Vadala Road Departed at 06.42 hrs To Panvel Arrival at 07.42 hrs
- Train No.98040 From Panvel Departed at 07.56 hrs To Vadala Road Arrival at 08.55 hrs
- Train No.98507 From Vadala Road Departed at 09.07 hrs To Vashi Arrival at 09.36 hrs
- Train No.98532 From Vashi Departed at 09.43 hrs To CST Arrival at 10.31 hrs
- Train No.98077 From CST Departed at 10.35 hrs To Panvel Arrival at 11.53 hrs
- Train No.98086 From Panvel Departed at 12.06 hrs To CST Arrival at 13.24 hrs
- Train No.98105 From CST Departed at 13.28 hrs To Panvel Arrival at 14.46 hrs
- Train No.98118 From Panvel Departed at 14.57 hrs To CST Arrival at 16.16 hrs
- Train No.98143 From CST Departed at 16.23 hrs To Panvel Arrival at 17.41 hrs
- Train No.98150 From Panvel Departed at 17.58 hrs To CST Arrival at 19.16 hrs
- Train No.98177 From CST Departed at 19.20 hrs To Panvel Arrival at 20.38 hrs
- Train No.98184 From Panvel Departed at 20.47 hrs To CST Arrival at 22.05 hrs
- Train No.98565 From CST Departed at 22.10 hrs To Vashi Arrival at 22.58 hrs
First 5 trains mentioned above will not run on Sunday and listed holidays. Remaining trains will be mentioned above run as 9-car service on Sunday and listed holidays