BHIM/UPI Apps for Train Ticket Booking
UPI/BHIM Apps : Downloading Details
Ministry of Railway announced that now passengers can use BHIM / UPI App for Train Ticket Booking. Railway extends the facility of booking of tickets from counters through UPI/BHIM Apps Payment System. Railways has introduced the facility for booking of railway tickets from railway counters through Unified Payments Interface (UPI)/ Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App. This is a major boost to Government’s key initiative of cashless transactions and passenger friendly measures. ICICI and SBI bank have been mandated to provide acquiring services during the pilot study period on no profit no loss basis. This project is on pilot basis for a period of three months.
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application (of any participating bank), merging several banking features, seamless fund routing and merchant payments into one hood. It also caters to the “Peer to Peer” collect request which can be scheduled and paid as per requirement and convenience.
Initially many banks have offered their own UPI applications for the customers creating little confusion among them on which UPI app to be used. For convenience of the users, a UPI App called BHIM has been developed by GOI.
BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is a Mobile App developed by National Payments Corporation of India
(NPCI), based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). B
HIM is inter-operable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications and bank accounts.
This facility will be available for booking of reserved tickets from Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters and booking of Season Tickets (MST and QST) from Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) counters.
It will be implemented all over Indian Railways on all PRS counters and UTS counters (for ST) w.e.f. 1st December, 2017. This will add to the digital payment option already available to railway passengers. No additional charges will be levied from passengers making payment at railway counters using UPI/BHIM for a period of 3 months.
The facility of payment through UPI/BHIM for booking of e-tickets online on IRCTC Website has already been implemented earlier. Now, this facility is being extended to the tickets being booked from railway counters.
Benefits to Passengers
- Offers additional payment option to customers availing railway services.
- Safe to use as no need to share bank account or credit/debit card number.
- No worry of losing cash or card.
- Easy to use and supports payment through multiple banks on real time basis.
- Existing 0.5% discount on suburban season tickets booked through digital mode in UTS will be applicable for UPI payment also.
Benefits to Railways
- Promotes Government’s initiative for increasing digital/cashless transaction,.
- Reduces hassles of cash collection and handling.
- Reconciliation and settlement will be simplified.
Booking Rail Ticket at the Counter Through BHIM
- These are the important points of Physical rail ticket booking through the UPI a
- You can use this facility to book the ticket at PRS (Passenger Reservation System ) counters.
- You can book the reserved ticket, season ticket and unreserved ticket.
- The Railway has implemented this facility from the 1st December 2017.
- You can use BHIM at any of the rail ticket counters.
- The Railway is not charging anything extra for the payment through BHIM or UPI apps.
Steps to Book Rail Ticket Through BHIM/UPI
- If you want to pay through the BHIM or UPI, inform the booking clerk about it.
- The booking clerk would select UPI/BHIM as the payment method and ask your Virtual Payment Address (VPA). As every UPI app user has a VPA.
- Once, the clerk enters your VPA, you would Receive a Payment Request on the registered mobile number. You receive an SMS as well as a notification from your BHIM UPI app.
- Click on the notification and login to your App using your PIN.
- You would see the payment request confirm it and enter your UPI PIN.
- The money would be debited from your bank account and you would receive the message.
- The ticket booking system would get the payment information immediately. After the successful payment, the system generates the ticket.
Transaction fee for Payment through UPI
- The customer will be charged a minimum transaction fee for making the payment through UPI as per the extant NPCI/RBI/Ministry of Finance guidelines, without any share to the acquiring bank during the pilot study period.
Procedure for Refund
For PRS/UTS Tickets booked through UPI, the following types of refund shall be processed.
- Cancellation Refund
- Special Cancellation and Non-Issued (Full Refund)
- Amount debited response not received by System (Failed Transaction)
The following procedure shall be followed for processing the refund.
- The customer shall be allowed to cancel the ticket at any counter.
- The acquiring bank will share settelement filw for all Payment Settled transactins at Bank end of T Day or as per extant provision or as decided by office of CGA
- CPG will rerconcile all Payment Settled transactions.
- PRS/UTS will reconcile payment settled transactions with CPG
- PRS/UTS will raise refund request for all cancellation/failed cases to CPG. CPG will generate refund file for all refund cases on T+1 to SBI
- Bank will download all refund files from bank interface provided by CRIS
- SBI will process refund for crediting customer’s account on T+1 and will share refund confirmation file on T+1 or T+2 day to CPG for reconciliation.
Download BHIM App from here :- BHIM – Making India Cashless