Provision of Seats for TTEs / Conductors / GRP / RPF in Trains
Indian Railway announced through a press release that to help passenger to contact security personnel on board a running train, Indian Railways has decided to earmark seats for security personnel of train escort team. In case of any untoward incident or for any security related issues during journey, passengers may contact the security staff at the earmarked accommodation. Following are the details of Provision of Seats for TTEs/ Conductors/ GRP/ RPF in Trains.
In a recent circular issued from Ministry of Railways, provision of one side lower berth (berth no.63) in coach S1 has been earmarked in Sleeper Class coach in the entire train in which this security staff
is travelling. If the train is being escorted by GRP, one berth will be earmarked for GRP and in case the train is escorted by RPF, one berth in Sleeper class will be earmarked for RPF. In case no RPF/GRP is escorting the train, no accommodation will be earmarked for them.
Seats for TTEs / Conductors in Trains
Ministry of Railway published through a press release regarding the details of earmarking of accommodation for TTE/Conductors in Mail/Express trains, Rajdhani Express trains, Shatabdi Express trains, day journey trains and Jan-Shatabdi Express trains. The matter has been further reviewed keeping in view the trains which have been introduced subsequently e.g. Duronto, Humsafar, Suvidha Latest Special trains List 2020 etc. Moreover, the capacity of 3 AC conventional coaches is 64 berths whereas that of LHB 3 AC coaches is 72 berths and that of 3 E coaches is 78 berths and hence 3 E coaches should be considered at par with 3 AC coaches. Accordingly, it has been decided to earmark the following accommodation for on board Ticket Checking Staff and RPF/GRP:-
Mail/Express trains with sleeping accommodation and leg-wise manning (Covering normal Mail/Express trains, Mahamana etc.)
- Berth No. 5 in A-1 Coach only for Conductor manning 1st AC/ AC 2 tier/First Class coaches.
- Berth No. 7 in B- I /DE- I Coach only for TTE manning AC 3 tier/3 E coaches. (iii)Berth No. 7 in alternate sleeper class coaches for TTEs manning Sleeper Class coaches.
Mail/Express trains with sleeping accommodation and end to end manning (covering Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto type trains)
- Berth No. 5 in A-1 Coach for TS manning 1″ AC and 2″‘ AC coaches.
- Berth No. 7 in B-1, B-3, B-5 and B-7 coaches of Dy. TS manning AC-2/3-tier coaches. In case of 3 E, similar arrangements should be made in BE-1, BE-4 and BE-7 or G- I, G-3, G-5 and G-7 coaches in case of Garib Rath type trains.
Mail/Express trains with sitting accommodation and end to end manning.(Shatabdi type trains)
- Seat No. 1 in Coach No. C-1, C-3, C-5 and C-7 coaches for TS/Dy. TS.
- Train superintendent will occupy the seat in the coach adjacent to the executive class coach.
Mail/Express trains having sitting accommodation and leg-wise manning(Inter-city type trains)
- Seat No.1 in every alternate second class coach for ticket checking staff manning these coaches.
- Seat No.1 in alternate Chair Car coach.
- In case composite coach with sitting and sleeping accommodation is attached, seat no.1 in the sitting portion of the composite coach should be earmarked, for the ticket checking staff.
The number of berths/seats to be earmarked in a train for on board ticket checking staff will be keeping in view the composition of the train. In case the number of staff manning a train on regular basis (working as per roster) is less, the number of berths/seats to be earmarked for on board ticket checking staff can be reduced and the same can be reviewed also subsequently based on manning on regular basis (working as per roster) subject to maximum yardstick indicated above. In the train also the number of berths/seats to be utilized by the on board ticket checking staff will be equal to the number of staff and the berths/seats in excess will be released to RAC or other passengers.