The main goal of Humsafar Express train services is to provide people with a high quality solution for rail travel at a reasonable rate. The first Humsafar Express launched on 16th December,2016 between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar. It offers 16 AC 3-Tier coaches with 72 seats each . There are also 2 power cars in the fleet.
Benefits of HumSafar Express:
- The train has a very efficient systems to detect fire and smoke as well as control them, which enhance safety to the passengers.
- The berths of Humsafar Express are now more comfortable than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper with Khadi bedrolls.
- Humsafar Express features side curtains on corridors like AC-2 to maintain privacy.
The LED screens on Humsafar Express display information about stations, train speed and others.
- There are mobile and laptop charging points next to each column of berths.
There are odour control systems, GPS-based information systems, toilet occupancy indicators.
- The toilets have plush interiors, with soap dispensers and heat detection devices.
Each coach has a small pantry unit which is equipped with a coffee/tea/ soup vending machine, a heating chamber and a refrigerating box.
Existing Features of Humsafar Express Coaches are following.
- Bio – toilets
- Charging stations for mobile charging
- LED Screens to show the details on where the train is, what stations are coming and other important train related annoucement.
- Hygenic and Refrigerated Pantry.
- Aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior.
- Pleasing interiors with attractive and colourfully co-ordinated seats, berths, partitions, curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
- Deodorizer, Dustbins, Sleek bottle holders in the cabins
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance of the common areas of the coaches.
- Integrated Braille displays for the visually impaired.
- Hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system
- Global Positioning System (GPS) based Passenger information system
- Passenger announcement system
- Fire and Smoke detection system in the coaches.
- Fire detection and suppression system in the Power cars
- Equipped with Auto Vending Machine and Mini Pantry with Oven/Fridge. Vending Machines for various drinks
- Those who bring their own meals on board can enjoy the refrigeration box and heating space on each train car.
- These trains will feature side curtains on the corridors like 2 AC which were removed from 3-tier AC sleepers.
- The berths will more comfortable than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper rakes.
- Each and every coupe and side berth having curtains to maintain privacy.
The additional features of Humsafar new rake offers:
- Single Piece Side Lower Berth (previously 2 piece)
- Mobile Charging point for each berth (previously 3 chargers for 8 passengers) including USB charging points.
- Reading light for each berth (previously only the lower berths had reading lights)
- Convenient upper berth climbing arrangement
- Urinal in 2 toilets per coach
- Baby Nappy Changing Pad in 2 toilets per coach
- Display Monitor Screen for the CCTV installed in the coach.
- Dustbins in each bay inside the coach.
- Train Nos.12595/12596 Gorakhpur- Anand Vihar
- Train Nos.12503/12504 Kamakhya- Bangalore Cantt,
- Train Nos.22887/22888 Howrah- Yesvantpur,
- Train Nos.14715/14716 Sriganganagar- Tiruchchirapalli,
- Train Nos.22867/22868 Durg- Nizamuddin,
- Train Nos.22919/22920 Ahmedabad- Chennai Central