IRCTC TICKET BOOKING : BOOK NOW PAY LATER
IRCTC introduced new feature for Tatkal tickets and Reserved tickets booking services i.e Book Now Pay Later by IRCTC, following are the details.
PayLater Option for Reserved and Tatkal Tickets
Next level ticket payment option ePayLater option available for Reserved and Tatkal tickets allows passengers to pay summed ticket amount within 14 days of the booking. Details attached.
- Reserved Tickets
- Tatkal Tickets
When to Pay
- Within 14 days of ticket booking
- On delivery of ticket within 24 hours
- Successful ticket booking
- No payment gateway failures
Steps to use “Book Now Pay Later” Services by IRCTC
Indian Railways has introduced a new facility to book Tatkal tickets through IRCTC’s website. People can now pay later for tickets booked under the tatkal quota on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) website. Till now this service was available only for general reservations. For tatkal bookings, people had to pay first via the standard online payment gateways before the IRCTC portal confirms the ticket, a famous online Newspaper reported.
For tatkal tickets, IRCTC users will be able to pay via cash, debit card or credit card by opting to have tickets delivered at their doorstep. IRCTC processes 130,000 Tatkal transactions daily. A majority of these tickets are booked within minutes of the quota opening.
The new feature eliminates the transaction failures as often the money gets debited and the ticket is not issued due to multiple reasons. The refund cycle is about seven to 15 days.
The pay on delivery feature completely circumvents the use of a payment gateway and will help users make the bookings in just a few seconds greatly increasing their chance of booking a confirmed ticket under the tatkal quota, experts says.
Steps to avail the IRCTC service
- To avail the service customers need to visit the website and register at http://irctc.payondelivery.co.in
- Customers can download ‘BookMyTrain on Mobile’ available for Google, ios platforms
- On the website, choose Pay-on-Delivery payment option
- Following this, select Delivery Address
- The digital delivery happens instantly via SMS /email
IRCTC Ticket Booking New Feature : “Book Now Pay Later”.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) in partnership with ePayLater is all set to add another feature for booking tickets called “Buy Now Pay Later”. You can soon buy your railway tickets via IRCTC website and pay later, which could reduce the hassle of going through the payment process at the time of booking.
Mumbai-based ePayLater is a provider of “Buy now. Pay later” payment solutions and now IRCTC is adding the new feature with the partnership of this, and is targeted at frequent online purchasers with a credit term of 14 days.
ePayLater says that the “Buy Now Pay Later” feature will be available to eligible customers who can book their railway tickets without paying at that moment. Under the new payment solution, customers at IRCTC can make the payment for their tickets within 14 days from the date of transaction.
Talking about the partnership, ePayLater says that it targets to capture at least 5 percent of the 6 lakhs transactions per day in next six months.
The company explains that in order to be applicable for new “Buy Now Pay Later” feature, users will have fill in basic details including Aadhaar and PAN card details after which they will be able to use the feature with a One Time Password (OTP). Eligibility of a customer for the new “Buy Now Pay Later” on IRCTC will be checked through old transactions and other factors.
About the Company ePayLater
ePayLater was founded in December 2015 and is based in Mumbai. The company provides 14 days free credit period strategy within which users can make the payment. ePayLater currently accepts payments online through net banking, debit card, credit card or through a bank transfer (NEFT/IMPS). Failure to make a payment within 14 days will entail levying of a penal interest at the rate of 36% per annum for the days that the amount stays overdue and / or a flat late payment fees of Rs. 20. Company is charging no other hidden charges.
Benefits of using ePayLater
ePayLater offers the simplest possible checkout experience in existence today. Using ePayLater, you can conclude your transaction with just a click. There is no requirement of punching in your 16-digit card number or having to log in. You can make multiple such single click purchases and make a payment for all of them together anytime at your convenience within 14 days. Other benefits
- The 14-day period is totally interest free
- By delinking shopping from payments, we eliminate the dependencies on any third party payment service providers such as payment gateways, banks etc. at the point of transaction thereby providing an unmatched transaction success rate.
- ePayLater not only provides the benefits of COD, such as a seamless checkout service and a pay after delivery option, but also goes beyond by doing away with the hassles associated with handling cash. No more do you need to struggle to find change or worry about your order not getting delivered when you are not around to make the payment.