Ready-To-Eat Food Pouches By Railway PSU IRCTC
Indian Railway released a press information regarding Ready-To-Eat Food Pouches By Railway, in that Railway said that Of Understanding (MoU) with DFRL for transfer of technology of Retort Pouch Processed Foods. Cost price of the package shall be substantially less than the market price, which will be determined after completion of trials.
At present, no exclusive catering rights in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains have been given to IRCTC. However, as announced in Rail Budget 2016-17, it has been decided that IRCTC would begin to manage catering services in a phased manner through unbundling catering services by creating a distinction between food preparation and food distribution.
Updated : 19.07.2016
Ready to Eat Meals in more Stations
IRCTC launched its Ready to Eat (RTE) food counter at Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station, a famous News Paper reported. Divisional railway manager Prakash Butani inaugurated the new counter at food plaza in the station on Friday.
As an introductory offer RTE packets worth Rs 40 per pack are now available for Rs 32 for a period of two months.
Chicken Biriyani, vegetable Biriyani, Jeera rice, Sambar rice, tamarind rice, lemon Rice, Dal rice and wheat Upma are the available dishes. These items will also be made available in trains including Kerala express, Netravathi, Jayanthi Janatha and Venad Express.
Updated : 14.07.2016
Ready to Eat Meals in Long Distance Trains
Indian Railway already introduced Ready to Eat (RTE) Meals for traveler in trains while travelling. Now Railway decided to serve Ready to Eat Meals on long distance trains also, a famous News paper reported. IRCTC has in a move to recover from losses and earn profits, introduced Ready to Eat Meals in the long distance trains starting from Wednesday in Gareeb Rath from Mumbai to Delhi. The officials are trying to popularize the Ready to Eat Meals which do not require anything but hot water and a microwave.
Ready to Eat meal packs contain, packs of vegetable, biryanni, rajma Chawal, jeera rice, tamarind rice, lemon rice, wheat upma, dal rice and chicken biryani.
IRCTC had signed a MOU with Mysore based company, Central Food Technological Research Institute for providing hygienic food products and services to the rail travelers. The technology has been inducted from Defense Food Research Laboratory.
Railway officials believe that if the Ready to Eat packages go down well with the passengers then the railways can remove the pantry car and replace it with Ready to Eat Meals. The pantry car in the long distance train is as big as a three-tier AC coach and when the replacements take place, its larger size can be effectively put to better use.
If Ready to Eat Meals will be a success,Railway also planning to introduce Ready to Drink Tea also, official said.
Updated : 10.06.2016
OPTIONAL CATERING SERVICES IN TRAINS STARTED
As announced in the Railway Budget 2016 – 2017, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu announced the launch of Optional Catering Scheme in two trains. Initially the scheme started on a pilot basis in two trains for a period of 45 days already began from 9th June,2016.
|Optional Catering Services in Trains started|
During the trial period Catering services will be included by default, however the passengers have to specifically opt out from the mandatory food option. Accordingly the catering apportionment charges will be excluded from the total ticket fare. This facility is available in all tickets such as tickets from PRS counters, e-ticketing portals of IRCTC and such tickets shall be issued with reduced fare.
The Optional Catering Services now started in two trains
- Train No.12953/12954 : Mumbai Central – H.Nizamuddin August Kranti Rajdhani Express
- Train No.12025/12026 : Pune – Secunderabad Shatabdi Express
Type of Train
From – To
Existing Catering Service
Total Ticket Fare including Catering Charges
Catering Charges included in ticket fare
Evening tea+Dinner+Morning Tea+Breakfast
Evening tea+Dinner+Morning Tea+ Breakfast
Updated : 16.02.2016
IRCTC to offer Meri Waali Chai and 10% Cash Back
IRCTC partners with leading tea cafe chain Chaayos to provide steaming and customized in choicest flavors teas and snacks in trains. So now we can enjoy the variety of 25 types of teas in trains, which can further be customized in over 12000 ways.
Chaayos is a famous tea cafe chain, started in November 2012. They are offering different type of tea and option of 12 add ones gives customers a total of over 12000 ways to make the chai.
|Meri Waali Chai on trains|
The menu of Chaayos chai are including :-
- Desi Chai – Add upto 12 add ones: Tulsi, Adrak, elaichi, Saunf, Laung, Cinnamon, Masala, Kali mirch, mint, ajwain,moti elaichi, hari mirch, Make it – Kadak : extra storng tea, sulaimani : black tea with lemon, Irani : More milk and less water.
- Classic teas – Green tea, jasmine tea etc.
- Specialty teas – Gods chai, Cinnamon green, Pahadi Chai, Lemon green, Mint and Lemon green, Moroccan mint, Rose Cardamom, Honey ginger Lemon, Aam Papad chai etc.
|IRCTC e- catering : 10% Cash back on prepaid orders|
For getting special tea we need to order the tea two hours before the train’s arrival time. Travelers can also order some great nashat such as spicy Keema Pav, Vada Pav, Poha etc.
IRCTC also decide to give 10% cash back offer on all prepaid e-catering orders above Rs.300/-, and has launched a mobile app for customers to place an order.
Porter or Coolie Charges at Railway Stations
Updated : 15.10.2013
REVISED CATERING CHARGES OF DURONTO TRAINS
South Eastern Railway announced that as per the current Railway board directives, South Eastern Railway has revised the catering charges of Duronto Trains run under the South Eastern Railway zones. The Changes applicable from 17.10.2013 on wards Following are the details of the Duronto trains and the salient features of the new catering Menu and Tariff.
|REVISED Menu and Tariff :: IRCTC|
- Train No.12245/46 Howrah – Yeswantpur Duronto Express
- Train No.12222/21 Howrah – Pune Duronto Express
- Train No.12262/61 Howrah – CST Mumbai (CST M) Duronto Express
- Train No.12847/48 Howrah – Digha Duronto Express
- Concept of COMBO MEAL :: This concept has been introduced in train journeys where the 2nd regular (major) meal of the day is involved. In the combo meal there will be two major items which will take care of the entire meal. but, if in the same journey, a 3rd meal is involved, then it shall be a regular meal.
- Introduction of CYCLIC MENU for ensuring variety of items in the meals and snacks.
- Seasonal variations in the CYCLIC MENU will be undertaken after every 3 months so as to include seasonal varieties of vegetables and fruits.
- With the revision in the cost and rationalization of menu, there will be an appreciable improvement in the quality of food, packaging and presentation.
- Train No.12245 and 12246 Howrah – Yeswantpur – Howrah Duronto (From Rs. 551 to Rs 515)
- Train No.12222 Howrah Pune Duronto (From Rs 485 to Rs 460)
- Train No.12262 Howrah CST M Duronto (From Rs 485 to Rs 460)
- Train No.12245/46 – Earlier Rs 367 ; Now Rs 455
- Train No.12222 – Earlier Rs 323; Now Rs 405
- Train No.12221 – Earlier Rs 323; now Rs 425
- Train No.12262 – Earlier Rs 323; Now Rs 405
- Train No.12261 – Earlier Rs 323; Now Rs 425
- Train No.12847 – Earlier Rs 88 ; Now Rs. 125
- Train No.12848 – Earlier Rs 44 ; Now Rs 45