mVisa Scan and Pay offer : Terms and Conditions by IRCTC
The process of booking tickets is relatively simple. Users can securely link their Visa debit, credit or prepaid account to the mVisa application on their smartphones and make their bookings by scanning their mVisa QR code on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation website.
In addition to e-payment, IRCTC, which is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways is offering a promotional offer until September 4 that will give Rs 50 cashback to customers booking their tickets through mVisa option.
The increasing popularity of mobile devices presents a huge opportunity for the growth of mobile-based digital commerce. The mVisa payment solution on IRCTC will allow consumers across Indian cities, towns and villages, to make payments using just their smartphones
Also Read : e-Wallet Ticketing System in Railway
- IRCTC and Visa has introduced a special offer for mVisa (Scan and Pay) transactions Rs. 50 off
- Under this Special Offer, any customer using mVisa (Scan and Pay) option on the IRCTC payment page and using any of the certified banking apps to pay with Visa card shall get Rs.50 Off.
- Visit the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and select ticket booking option
- Select mVisa (“Scan and Pay”) option on the payment page and select “Make Payment”
- A QR Code will be displayed on the screen
- Customer needs to open any of the certified Apps (List given below) and select mVisa (“Scan and Pay”)
- Customer selects the Visa Card in the certified app to complete the transaction
- Post successful transaction PNR will be generated and customers shall receive Rs.50 cashback into their respective card accounts within 30 days of successful transaction
- Any query regarding the cashback will be entertained by IRCTC till 04th September, 2017
- Offer valid only for first 5,00,000 (5 lakh) mVisa transactions done, using Visa cards or 04th September, 2017 whichever is earlier.
- There is no monthly limit per customer for availing this offer.
- In the event of any payment/cash back related issues, please reach out to IRCTC at 011- 3934000 or drop their feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Special Offer is not redeemable for cash equivalent or any other items/offers.
- This Special Offer cannot be clubbed with any other facility and/or offer made available at IRCTC.
- IRCTC reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever, to add or vary all or any of the terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part this promotional scheme or to withdraw it completely or to change the composition of the Special Offer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, while Visa has facilitated this Offer for the benefit of Eligible Customer, IRCTC is the sole provider of all goods and/or services i.e. train tickets under this offer. Accordingly, the Eligible customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that the procurement by him/her of any goods and/or services under this Offer shall constitute a contract solely between IRCTC and him/her.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable in relation to the Special Offer shall be solely borne by the Eligible Customers.
- The customer agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless, IRCTC, its respective affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and all of its respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from your or any third party’s use (or misuse) of the Special Offer.
- The terms of the Offer shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and the courts of Mumbai shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate and/or settle any disputes in connection with the Special Offer.
- IRCTC reserves the right to forfeit the Special Offer in the event it is found by IRCTC that any information provided by the Eligible Customers is wrong or any misrepresentation is made by them.
- By utilizing or attempting to utilize any of the goods and services under this Offer, the Eligible customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that: Any claim, complaint or dispute of any nature, including in relation to personal injury, death, false representation, damage or omission, arising out of or in relation to the procurement, or attempted procurement by the Eligible Customer of any goods and/or services under this Offer shall be settled by the Eligible Customer directly with IRCTC, and the Eligible Customer shall not make any Claim against Visa.
- Any claim, complaint or dispute of any nature arising out of or in relation to the payment, attempted payment, charge back, cash back or any other payment related issue faced by the Eligible Customer shall be settled by the Eligible Customer directly with IRCTC or the Issuing Bank. Eligible Customer are not bound in any manner to participate in this Offer. Any participation by the Eligible Customer shall be voluntary. This Special Offer is subject to force major circumstances i.e. Act of God or any other circumstance beyond the control of IRCTC such as technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. By availing this Offer, it shall be construed that the customer has read, understood, accepted and agreed to abide with all the terms and condition stated here under. Information about the Offer is correct at the time of publication. Eligible Customer can refer to the latest set of Terms and Conditions as available on IRCTC’s website.
Details of Credit Card / Debit Card Special Discounts by Indian Railways
India is moving to become a Cash Less country. As an initiative of this Indian Government announced demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000. After this announcement common peoples Struggled a lot due to shortage of physical cash. Re-cover from this stage and to full fill the dream of becoming a Cash less economy, Indian Government announced following crucial decisions. Today Government of India announced various discounts for the Cards payment in various sectors of the economy, but here we are giving the relevant details regarding Credit/Debit Cards discounts related to Indian Railway.
Indian Railways Special Discount Details
- Local Trains Monthly or Seasonal tickets will get a 0.5% discount, if you pay Online (Credit / Debit / Wallets etc).This discount will be applicable from January 1, 2017.
- 10 lakh Free Accident Insurance for all Indian Rail Passengers if you purchased via Online methods.
- Additional 5% discount on accommodation, catering and retiring room at railway stations across India , when you are booked your tickets via Online.
- No service tax will be charged on debit and credit card transactions of up to Rs. 2,000. ( Now this is 15 per cent tax is imposed).
Other Special Discounts
- Petrol and Diesel Purchase will get additional 0.75 discount, if paid the amount via Cards and Wallets ( PAYTM , Mobi Wiki etc. )
- 4 crore farmers eligible for the scheme will be given a RuPay card, a government issued card, to use at swipe machines, Micro ATMs and ATMs.
- General insurance premiums will attract additional 10% discount and 8% discount for life insurance if the payment is made online.
- Online payment transaction charges will leaved off for Central Government and central PSU’s.
- Toll plazas on highways will get a 10% discount, for using Smart TAGs and RFID – similar to prepaid cards or electronic chips.