IRCTC Refund Rules Revised From November 12 2015
- Second Class ticket refund fare Rs. 30
- Second sleeper class ticket refund fare Rs.120
- 3AC/ACC/3A economy ticket refund fare Rs.180
- 2 AC/1st Class ticket refund fare Rs. 200
- 1st AC/executive class ticket refund fare Rs.240
- Clerk-age per passenger for cancellation of unreserved , RAC and waitlisted tickets revised. New Fare effective from November for this is – Undeserved (second class): Rs. 30 and Second class (reserved) and other classes: Rs. 60
- Cancellation charge per passenger confirmed (reserved) tickets (i). 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train minimum cancellation charge (a) 1st AC/executive class: Rs. 240 (b)2 AC/1st Class : Rs. 200 (c) 3AC / ACC / 3A economy: Rs. 180 (d) Second sleeper class : Rs. 120 (e)Second class : Rs. 60 (ii). Between 48 hours and 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train @ 25% subject to minimum charge as per (i) above. (iii) between 12 hours and 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train @ 50% subject to minimum charges per (i) above. (iv) No refund after the above prescribed time limit.
- Partially confirmed Tickets: Up to half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train. Earlier this is Up to two hours after the actual departure of the train.
- Refund on unused RAC/WL tickets Cancellation: Up to half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train subject to deduction of clerk-age charge. No refund after the above prescribed time limit. Earlier this is Up to 3 hours of the actual departure of the train subject to deduction in clerk-age charge. No refund after the above prescribed time limit.
- Cancellation of trains for e tickets: With effective from 01.07.2015, automatic refund is granted. Filing of TDR is not required. No change for counter PRS ticket. Before this user have to manually file the TDR to get the refund amount. Now its so easy and getting refund on less time when trains cancelled.
REFUND ON LOST/ MISPLACED TICKETS
No refund is permissible against lost/misplaced tickets. However passenger will be allowed to travel on the reservation already made on confirmed one or RAC .If the loss of confirmed/RAC ticket is reported before the preparation of the reservation chart, duplicate ticket will be issued on the collection of the clerkage charge per passenger. If the loss of confirmed/RAC ticket is reported after the preparation of the reservation chart, duplicate ticket will be issued on the collection of the 50% of the fare . No duplicate ticket will be issued after the preparation of reservation chart in case of RAC ticket . Loss of tickets be reported to railways immediately to prevent fraudulent refunds on lost tickets.
REFUND OF DUPLICATE TICKET
If lost tickets are traced and presented along with the duplicate ticket before the departure of the train, refund is permitted for the duplicate ticket after deduction of 5% of the charges paid subject to a min. of Rs. 20/-. Thereafter, original ticket becomes valid for travel as well as refunds.
REFUND ON TICKETS PURCHASED ON CREDIT CARD
If you need to cancel your tickets at other stations, where such counters are not available, please cancel your reservation and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt. You can then apply to Chief Commercial Manager (Refunds) of the zone, to which the Ticket Deposit Receipt – issuing station belongs.IRCTC Provides 50 Percentage Refund on Tatkal Ticket and Ticket Time Changed from July 15 – 2015
- A/C Tatkal Booking
- Non-AC Tatkal Booking
Non – A/C (Air Conditioned) Tatkal booking time changed to 11 AM to 12 Noon instead of 10 AM. Hope this changes will reduce the ticket booking counter / website queue of lots peoples and get relief than existing booking system. If you want to refer previous IRCTC Tatkal Reservation rule change details then click hereIRCTC Agents Ticket Booking Time Changed
All types of ticket booking agents like Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra-YTSK, Rail Travelers Service Agents-RTSAs, IRCTC agents etc. are blocked from booking tickets during the first 30 minutes of opening of advance reservation booking. That is from 08:00 AM to 08:30 AM for General bookings, from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM for Tatkal AC tickets booking and from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM for Tatkal Non-AC bookings.
IRCTC Online Ticket Booking Allowed Up To 11:45 PM
IRCTC Online Ticket time extended
Earlier can able to book the IRCTC ticket only between 12:30 AM to 11: 30 PM only. Indian Railway stations reservations ticket booking counters also will work as per revised rule. So Indian railways ticket booking will shut down for maintenance only for short time of 45 Minutes only.
TDR AND TDR RULES
What is TDR?
- Train Cancelled By Railways
- Train running Late by More than Three hours
- Difference of Fare in case proper coach not attached
- AC Failure
- Travelled without proper ID proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE
- Party partially travelled
- Passenger Not travelled
- The TDR Refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules:
- TDR should be filed within 30 days of Departure of Train
- The refund process will take at-least 60 days and more
- E-ticket refund request (after chart preparation) can be filed online.
- In case of i-ticket, online refund request is not allowed. For i-ticket please follow the following procedure:
- Surrender the I-Ticket with the Station Master and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt.
- Send your claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the TDR to: General Manager (Operations), Indian Railway Catering & Tourism, Corporation Ltd., 2nd Floor, STC Building, 1, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi – 110 001.
- • IRCTC will process the refund claim with the Railway Administration and refund granted by the Railway shall be credited to your account
- Refund claims under above clause may require at least 60 days or more for processing
- In case train is cancelled by the Rlys due to accidents, breaches or floods, Bandh or Rail Roko agitation etc- full refund of the fare of entire booked journey will be granted .On line cancellation can be done up to 72 hrs.
- In case train is running late more than 3 hrs- full fare will be refunded.
- In case proper coach is not attached-Difference of fare between the booked class and lower travelled class will be refunded. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the lower class travelled is must to claim for refund.
- a) In case of AC failure of AC1class/Executive class- Difference of fare between AC1class orExecutive class and First Class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificatefrom the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
b) In case of AC failure of AC2/AC3 class- Difference of fare between AC2/AC3 class and Sleeper Class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
c) In case of AC failure of AC chair car class- Difference of fare between AC chair car class and second class will be refunded for the distance AC not worked. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the AC not worked is must to claim for refund.
- In case Travelling without proper ID proof-will be considered without ticket and will be charged accordingly. Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds can be approached for discretionary refund. Excess fare ticket (EFT) (in original) issued by the TTE is must to claim for refund.
- In case of wrongly charged by the TTE-full refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds. Excess fare ticket (EFT) (in original) issued by the TTE is must to claim for refund.
- In case party/ family partially travelled- refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds as per rule. Certificate from the TTE (in original) for the less passenger travelled is must to claim for refund.
- In case passenger not travelled- refund will be granted by the Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds as per extant Railway rule.
- Partially used reserved ticket by Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Jan Shatabadi Exp- No refund is allowed.
- In case Rlys is not able to provide accommodation-full refund will be granted.
- Refund on Tatkal Ticket- if it is cancelled up to 24 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train 25% excluding the Tatkal charges will be refunded. Thereafter no refund means would be zero refund.