e – WALLET IN RAILWAY
In view to modernize the Indian Railway and system of ticketing become more comfort and convenient the authorities are planning to convert full ticketing system to online payment methods. Earlier itself IRCTC started the system, but didn’t get much attention. Now Railway decided to make the e-wallet system in both suburban and long distance trains. Following are the details.
e-Wallet Ticketing System in Railway soon
Indian Railways is mulling introducing booking of unreserved railway tickets on e-wallets like PayTM, JioMoney, Airtel Money, mRupee, MobiKwik etc to ease rush at booking counters. The move is also expected to help scale up paperless mobile ticketing operation across the country in a big way, a famous online News Paper reported.
Unreserved ticketing forms a huge chunk of the railways’ total ticket sale in a day and “we want to tap this sector through e-commerce”, said a senior railway ministry official.[ads-post]
Also Read : New mVisa Payment Offer by IRCTC
The railways will not have to bear any cost for the facility. Instead, the public transporter is expected to earn from the selected e-wallet players commission on each ticket sold and retainer fees.
Many top mobile wallet companies are keen on joining the railways, the official said, adding that talks were on to finalize the methods. Since these e-wallets are already operational for booking taxis, cinema tickets and other services, joining the railways will offer a big scope for these private players.
The move is a win-win proposition for both the railways and the mobile wallet companies, the official said.
The railways carry total 23 million passengers in a day, of which only 6% is in reserved category and the rest are in unreserved segment which includes daily commuters. At present, mobile ticketing options are available in a few suburban sections including Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi-Palwal. However, despite the huge scope in unreserved ticketing sector, the use of railway wallet for mobile ticketing did not elicit as good response as expected.
According to the railways, the use of e-wallets like Paytm in the unreserved ticketing system are expected to boost the paperless mobile ticketing operation. While the current mobile ticketing requires geo-fencing of certain area to prevent malpractices, there is no need for such measures with these e-wallets.
Discussions are on with these players for making the operation foolproof with bar-coding system as more than one crore tickets are sold daily through unreserved ticketing system, said the official.
Moving ahead with the ‘Digital India’ mission, the railways expect to make the e-wallet system operational across the country early next year.
IRCTC e-Wallet For Faster Ticket Booking
IRCTC launches e-Wallet facility to make the IRCTC transactions more faster and visibility. IRCTC refund period also reduced to one day when you are using IRCTC e-Wallet facility. Also we can Save Payment Banking gateway charges using eWallet services.
|IRCTC – eWallet|
- Dependency on a specific bank is reduced, as when any of the provided banks go offline, you can still book tickets from your eWALLET account.
- Precious booking time saved by eliminating payment approval cycle.
- Hassle free and secure transactions.
- Benefit of saving Payment Gateway charges per ticket.
- Manage account online and top up online.
- Login to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click the “eWALLET Registration” link under eWALLET Section in the “Plan my travel” page.
- Complete Verification process by providing PAN CARD No. and other details.
- Deposit one time registration fee of Rs.250/- (inclusive of Service Tax and Education CESS on Service Tax,non refundable) online with any of the available payment options.
- Membership fee and Redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
- Credit the eWALLET account with the minimum deposit of Rs.100/- and top up with the required booking amount. Maximum amount permitted in user’s account is Rs. 5,000.
- Pay ticket booking amount through eWALLET which is displayed as payment option along with other Banks.
- User Authentication: IRCTC eWallet users will be verified and authenticated through their PAN OR Aadhaar in an Online Verification Process.
- Secured Access: IRCTC offers secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by providing Transaction Password/ PIN Number that is required to be entered for every booking done through IRCTC eWallet.
- Complete History: User is provided with a separate link namely IRCTC eWallet that offers IRCTC eWallet Transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment History & change transaction password options.
- Easy Refund: In case of ticket cancellation, the due refund will be credited to your IRCTC eWallet Account next day.
Before booking tickets through IRCTC e-Wallet facility, Please Note – WALLET registration and booking through e-WALLET is not available from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.