COUNTER TRAIN TICKETS CANCELLATION PROCEDURES
Indian Railway is the back bone of our economy and always take passenger friendly initiatives, now made another comfortable and convenient steps in ticket cancellation procedure section. Yes, everybody know that we can cancel the counter tickets through IRCTC Website, but the highlight of the new rule is not this, but now we can cancel our Counter ticket through Railway Enquiry 139. Counter Train Tickets Cancellation Procedures are following.
The details are following.GST : TRAIN TICKET REFUND RULE
Cancellation of PRS (Passenger Reservation System) counter Tickets through IRCTC Website or through 139.
As a part of the Rail Budget Announcements of 2016-17, Railways has introduced cancellation facility for PRS counter tickets through 139 or IRCTC website for all confirmed, RAC and waitlisted PRS Counter tickets. This facility of cancellation through 139 or IRCTC website will give a huge relief to the passengers.
To facilitate passengers with PRS counter tickets to cancel their tickets through within the prescribed time limit as per Refund Rule 2015 facility for cancellation of such tickets through :
- IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in)
- 139 (by IVRS – Interactive Voice
Response System and SMS).
A pilot project was inaugurated by Hon’ble MR on 29th April, 2016, for cancellation of fully confirmed PRS counter tickets. The pilot was restricted to cancellation of tickets for trains scheduled to depart within the next 24 hours. Now this facility is being extended to all confirmed tickets without any time limit and also for RAC and Wait listed tickets.
Condition for Cancellation of Counter tickets
Cancellation will be permitted in normal circumstances only and not in case of late running of trains/cancellation of trains etc.
This facility shall be available only in case the mobile number has been given at the time of booking the ticket.
Online cancellation or cancellation through 139 shall be permitted only upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train in case of confirmed tickets and upto half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train in case of RAC/Wait listed tickets. The refund shall be permissible only on surrendering of original PRS counter tickets.
Refund of fare amount shall be collected only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations defined by Zonal Railway as under:-
- During first two hours of the opening of PRS counters on the next day for the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is between 1801 hours and 0600 hours.
- Up to 4 hours after the scheduled departure of the train during the working hours of PRS counters/current counters/special counters where cancellation is permitted round the clock on the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is between 0601 hours and 1800 hours.
- No refund of amount would be given after the above mentioned prescribed time limit.
Procedure For Cancellation Of Counter Tickets Through IRCTC Website
- A new page will be given on IRCTC website without any login for purpose of cancellation of PRS counter tickets. For this you can click this link : Counter Ticket Cancellation
- Passenger will be asked to enter PNR number and Train number on IRCTC website along with captcha.
- The details entered by passenger shall be validated and an OTP will be sent to the passenger on his mobile no. given at the time of booking the ticket. The OTP received on the mobile will be entered by the passenger in the web page and it will be validated by the system.
- After receiving the confirmation OTP number from the passenger, full cancellation of PNR will be done and PNR will be marked as Cancelled but not refunded in the system. Seat/berth will be released and would be made available for booking both at PRS and IRCTC Website. Refund amount due will also be displayed to the passenger on the website.
- An SMS will be sent to the passenger with PNR and fare details. Refund of fare amount shall be collected only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations as per the notified time.
- All the privilege/duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass tickets shall be allowed to be cancelled through website or through 139.
- All types of PNRs including i-tickets (after printing) and system tickets booked across counter/post office/YTSK/Go India terminals/Bank terminals etc.’ will be allowed to be cancelled on website except the following :- Circular Journey tickets and onwards tickets booked against CJT., Foreign tourists PNRs against which berth allotment has been done., ATAS generated new PNR., Duplicate ticket., Cluster ticket and pre-bought ticket.
Procedure for Cancellation through 139
There are Two methods for cancellation of the counter tickets through 139
- 139 IVR with Agent Assistance
- 139 SMS Service
Procedure to cancel through 139 IVR
Customer will call on 139 and select 6th Option from IVR main menu.
IVR will ask whether it is Counter Ticket or E- Ticket.
Press 1 for Counter Ticket or Press 2 for E-Ticket. In case customer selects E-Ticket option, IVR will play a message “Currently ticket booked through Railway Reservation Counter can be cancelled through 139. Press 8 to go back to main menu”.Passenger details (Viz.name, age, gender, booking status, current status) and journey details will be displayed on the website.
Once the passenger confirms full cancellation of PNR will be done and PNR will be marked as Cancelled but not refunded in the system. Seat/berth will be released. Refund amount due will also be displayed to the passenger on website
All the privilege/duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass tickets may be allowed to be cancelled through website. In the case of pass zero refund is permissible however, for validity of the pass for fresh booking the passenger shall approach the counter to get the pass re-validated by marking the same cancelled against the earlier booked tickets as per prescribed rule.
- Once customer selects Counter Ticket option, call will be transferred to agent for cancellation.
- Agent will ask PNR Number and Train Number information from customer to process the cancellation.
- Agent will retrieve ticket information from back end and confirm with customer.
- After ticket details confirmation, agent will click on “Generate OTP” (One Time Password) button to generate the OTP. System will validate the calling number of customer with the number mentioned in ticket details at the back end.
- If mobile number validation fails, agent will advise the customer to call from same numbers which are mentioned in ticket details. If number is successfully validated, OTP will be delivered on passenger’s mobile number which he would convey to agent.
- Agent will enter OTP on CRM and will click “Submit” button to process the cancellation. Ticket will be cancelled and refundable amount will be display on agent screen. Agent will communicate the same refundable amount to customer.
- Customer has to collect the permissible refundable amount across the PRS counter within the prescribed time limit.
Procedure for Cancellation through SMS sent to 139
- User has to send PNR Number and Train Number to 139 in syntax: CANCEL to 139 via SMS.
- User will receive OTP via SMS to conform the ticket cancellation procedure from 139 after mobile number verification.
- User has to send given OTP back to 139 via SMS for second level of confirmation.
- User will get SMS response related to cancellation and refund amount from 139
- Passenger has to collect the permissible refundable amount within prescribed time limit across the PRS counter.