Rajdhani Express is a passenger train service in India connecting New Delhi with other important destinations, especially state capitals.
These trains get the highest priority on the Indian railway network. They are fully air-conditioned. Passengers are served complimentary meals during the journey. Depending on the duration and timings of the journey, these could include lunch, high tea, dinner, morning tea and breakfast. Almost all Rajdhani trains offer three classes of accommodation: First Class AC with 2- or 4-berth lockable bedrooms, AC 2-tier with open berths (bays of 4 berths + 2 berths on the other side of the corridor) with curtains for privacy, and AC 3-tier (bays of 6 berths + 2 berths on the side) with no curtains. Currently there are 22 pairs of Rajdhani Express trains, connecting New Delhi to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati/Dibrugarh, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Kolkata , Jammu, Mumbai , Patna and Thiruvananthapuram. These trains have fewer stops than other express trains. They halt only in prominent cities and state capitals like Bhopal, Ratlam, Itarsi, Nagda, Allahabad, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Bokaro, Jhansi, Kota, and Jaipur.
Rajdhani Express – European Model Coaches
- For superior touch and feel high class upholstery and carpet in this coach with similar to that used in European railroads in line with the premium clientele associated with its service.
Interior of Rajdhani Express
- For ladies and senior citizens, ergonomically designed wooden ladders have in incorporated in steps form instead of earlier metal ladders to climb up the upper berth.
- The illumination in the coach has also been improved with judicious use of advanced LED based lighting system for reading lights
- Pre-anodized aluminum reflectors for compartment lights
- A more vibrant and pleasing color scheme has been chosen for the walls.
- Long lasting anti graffiti PU light blue and cream paint has been extensively used to facilitate easy cleaning of the coach.
- For overall cleanliness and hygiene of the lavatory oriental style lavatory floors have been redesigned for swift drainage and easy maintenance.
- Large scale use of stainless steel components add to the aesthetics of the coach.
Rajdhani Trains List
- Train No.12235 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Dibrugarh Rajdhani
- Train No.12236 New Delhi – Dibrugarh Dibrugarh Rajdhani
- Train No.12301 Howrah – New Delhi Howrah Rajdhani
- Train No.12302 New Delhi – Howrah Howrah Rajdhani
- Train No.12305 Howrah – New Delhi Howrah Rajdhani
- Train No.12306 New Delhi – Howrah Howrah Rajdhani
- Train No.12309 Rajendra Nagar – New Delhi Patna Rajdhani
- Train No.12310 New Delhi – Rajendra Nagar Patna Rajdhani
- Train No.12313 Sealdah – New Delhi Sealdah Rajdhani
- Train No.12314 New Delhi – Sealdah Sealdah Rajdhani
- Train No.12423 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Dibrugarh Town Rajdhani
- Train No.12424 New Delhi – Dibrugarh Dibrugarh Town Rajdhani
- Train No.12425 Jammu Tawi – New Delhi Jammu Tawi Rajdhani
- Train No.12426 New Delhi – Jammu Tawi Jammu Tawi Rajdhani
- Train No.12429 Lucknow – New Delhi Lucknow Rajdhani
- Train No.12430 New Delhi – Lucknow Lucknow Rajdhani
- Train No.12431 Thiruvananthapuram – Hazrat Nizamuddin Thiruvananthapuram Rajdhani
- Train No.12432 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Thiruvananthapuram Thiruvananthapuram Rajdhani
- Train No.12433 Chennai – Hazrat Nizamuddin Chennai Rajdhani
- Train No.12434 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Chennai Chennai Rajdhani
- Train No.12435 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Dibrugarh Town Rajdhani
- Train No.12436 New Delhi – Dibrugarh Dibrugarh Town Rajdhani
- Train No.12437 Secunderabad-Hazrat Nizamuddin Secunderabad Rajdhani
- Train No.12438 Hazrat Nizamuddin–Secunderabad Secunderabad Rajdhani
- Train No.12439 Ranchi – New Delhi Ranchi Rajdhani
- Train No.12440 New Delhi – Ranchi Ranchi Rajdhani
- Train No.12441 Bilaspur – New Delhi Bilaspur Rajdhani
- Train No.12442 New Delhi – Bilaspur Bilaspur Rajdhani
- Train No.12453 Ranchi – New Delhi Ranchi Rajdhani
- Train No.12454 New Delhi – Ranchi Ranchi Rajdhani
- Train No.12951 Mumbai – New Delhi Mumbai Rajdhani
- Train No.12952 New Delhi – Mumbai Mumbai Rajdhani
- Train No.12953 Mumbai – Hazrat Nizamuddin August Kranti Rajdhani
- Train No.12954 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Mumbai August Kranti Rajdhani
- Train No.12957 Ahmedabad – New Delhi Swarna Jayanti Rajdhani
- Train No.12958 New Delhi – Ahmedabad Swarna Jayanti Rajdhani
- Train No.22413 Goa – Hazrat Nizamuddin Goa Rajdhani
- Train No.22414 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Madgaon Goa Rajdhani
- Train No.22691 Bangalore – Hazrat Nizamuddin Bangalore Rajdhani
- Train No.22692 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Bangalore Bangalore Rajdhani
- Train No.22693 Bangalore – Hazrat Nizamuddin Bangalore Rajdhani
- Train No.22694 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Bangalore Bangalore Rajdhani
- Train No.22811 Bhubaneswar – New Delhi Bhubaneswar Rajdhani
- Train No.22812 New Delhi – Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar Rajdhani
- Train No.22823 Bhubaneswar – New Delhi Bhubaneswar Rajdhani
- Train No.22824 New Delhi – Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar Rajdhani
GUWAHATI – NEW DELHI WEEKLY RAJDHANI TRAIN(2236 / 2235) :-
- Train No.2236 New Delhi – Guwahati Weekly Rajdhani Express special train will depart from New Delhi from 31.3.2010 on every Wednesday at 9.30 a.m. to reach Guwahati at 7.00 p.m. the next day.
- Train no.2235 Guwahati-New Delhi Weekly Rajdhani Express special will depart from Guwahati effective from 2.4.10 on every Friday at 05.55 a.m. to reach New Delhi at 1.50 p.m. the next day.
One A.C. First, Three AC 2 Tier, Ten AC 3 Tier, Two Pantry Cars and Two Brake van cum Generator car coaches.
Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow, Varanasi, Ballia, Chhapra, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Katihar, Kishanganj, New Jalpaiguri, New Coochbehar, New Alipurduar, Kokrajhar and New Bongaigaon stations enroute in both the directions.
BANGALORE – HAZRAT NIZAMUDDIN-BANGALORE RAJDHANI EXPRESS:-
Train No.2493 Bangalore City – Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express will depart Bangalore City on Friday, Saturday,Tuesday at 20.20 hrs. and arrive Hazrat Nizamuddin at 05.50 hrs. the second day.
Train No.2494 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Bangalore City Rajdhani Express will depart Hazrat Nizamuddin on Wednesday,Thursday,Sunday at 20.50 hrs. and arrive Bangalore City at 06.40 hrs. the second day.
Sri Satya Sai Prasanthi Nilayam, Secunderabad, Kazipet , Nagpur, Bhopal and Jhansi in both the directions.
The train will consist of AC First Class, 2 AC and 3 AC accommodation.