PNR Status Enquiry
What is PNR?
Although PNRs were originally introduced for air travel, they are now also being used for bookings of hotels, car rental, railways, etc.
Indian Railways PNR
Indian Railways also using PNR (Passenger Name Record) track the passengers traveling on the Indian railway trains. The PNR is applicable to both the type of booking like Counter booking and IRCTC Online Reservation. Each PNR number represent group of passengers traveling together and maintain their chart electronically. PNR is used on Indian Railways to faster the process of chart preparation and seat allocation activities.Must Read: Indian Railways PNR Status Checking diff methods
- Indian Railways PNR using 10 digit code to store the PNR
What all details getting while Checking PNR Status?
- PNR Number : Entered PNR Number
- Train Number : Booked Train No.
- From Station : Train ticket taken from Station
- Boarding point : Station name to which passengers entering train
- Class (Class of Travel 3 AC, SL etc)
- Charting Status : (Chart prepared /
Chart Not Prepared)
- Quota : Type booking ( General , ladies etc)
- Date : date of travel
- Train Name : Name of the train
- To Station : Destination Station
- Reservation upto : Reserved till station name
- No of passengers : No. of passengers traveling together
- Upgraded Class : If auto upgraded details available on this filed
shows the actual status of the PNR like Booking Status as well as Current status
If you are received following status when checking the PNR then meaning is Confirmed ticket with A2 coach and seat position 48. Your berth is Side Upper.
- CAN == CANCELLED
- CNF == CONFIRM
- RAC == RESERVATION AGAINST CANCELLATION
- WL == WAITLIST
- RLWL == REMOTE LOCATION WAITLIST
- PQWL == POOLED QUOTA WAITLIST
- RSWL == ROAD-SIDE WAITLIST
- REL == RELEASED
- NR == NOROOM
IRCTC PNR Check Step
Indian Railways Official PNR Status Find Web
SMS Services For PNR Status and Other Information
You can also find the PNR by SMS.
SMS based PNR find as following steps
Call Railway Enquiry No. 139 or ”PNR” space “PNR Number” and send to 139.
New Features Of Train Enquiry System 139
The Integrated Train Enquiry System (139), introduced during 2007, is a very usefulsystem providing train related information such as accommodation availability, current status of PNR, etc. to passengers instantly.Passengers have found this system to be very helpful.
New facilities such as ‘Spot your train’, ‘Mobile based destination arrival alerts’ and ‘Mobile based alarm alerts’ have been added to this system.
Hope you enjoy the new facility to find the PNR Status via simple Mobile SMS. Let me know your valuable feed back to improve the content.