Change in name and Change of boarding station of IRCTC E-Ticket passenger
Following are the details to change the Name of traveler name on the list and travel start station
Please note thatreservation offices can change ‘Boarding Station’ , ‘Passenger Name’ against a request from the passenger as per extant railway rules applicable to other face to face counter booked tickets .
If you have a confirmed train tickets but you don’t want to cancel the tickets. You can simply pass on your ticket to a family member by seeking Indian Railway’s permission. Following are the details.
Here are a couple of things that you must keep in mind:
- You need to have a confirmed ticket to opt for this service.
- Only Chief Reservation Supervisor of important stations are authorised by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger having a seat or berth reserved in his name.
- For transfer to a family member :- As per the guidelines a person can transfer the confirmed ticket to another family member be it the father, mother, sibling, children or spouse. The person would need to make a written request 24 hours prior the scheduled departure.
- For marriage party : – If the passenger is part of a marriage party then the confirmed ticket can be transferred to another person with a written request by an individual deemed to be the head of the group 24 hours before departure.
- Government employees :- A government employee can also make a written request before 24 hours of departure if he/she wants to transfer a confirmed ticket.
- Rule for students :- In case a student of a recognised educational institute wants to transfer his or her ticket, then they will need to get the approval of the head of the institution. A written request by that authoritative figure will allow the transfer of the ticket to another student from the same institution.
- Rules for National Cadet Corps :- This facility has been extended to the National Cadet Corps. A cadet or a group of cadets can get reservation ticket or tickets transferred to other cadets with a written request by any officer who is the head of such a group, 24 hours before departure.