MAJOR TRAIN BLOCKS 2018
Indian Railway is conducting major train blocks for various reasons including rail maintenance, over bridge maintenance, platform renovation, doubling works, due to heavy rain etc. Even though we are updating the train cancellation details daily in some other pages, for more conveniences of readers we decided to mention the full details of the blocks with mentioning of station name , date, name of the railway zone which announced the blocks etc.
Also Read : Fog : Train Status 2018
However Railway is causing inconvenience to the passengers, they are eager to restore the cancelled trains as early as possible.
Here we are uploading major train blocks by various zones of Indian Railway under one page on day to day basis.
South Central Railway
Updated : 20.03.2018
MUMBAI : TRAIN STRIKE DETAILS
Students demanding jobs in railways today (20.03.2018) blocked rail traffic, including suburban services between Matunga and Dadar stations, causing difficulties to lakhs of commuters, online newspaper reported.
The agitating students blocked the rail track at 7 in the morning today, forcing the Railways to stop the suburban and express trains in the affected section between Matunga and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT).
But railway are running special trains for the Kurala station in the down direction. Railway are diverting railway traffic from Dadar station in the up direction.
According to Railways officials, the entire four lines between Matunga and CSMT have been affected, while police and Railways officials are conducting talks with the agitating railway job aspirants.
Trains Rescheduled on 20.3.2018 by Central Railway
10103 CSMT-Madgaon Mandvi Exp (sch 0710 hrs) at 1000 hrs
11301 CSMT-KSR Bengaluru Udyan Exp (sch 0810 hrs) at 1015 hrs
12534 CSMT-Lucknow Pushpak Exp (sch 0825 hrs) at 1030 hrs
11029 CSMT-Kolhapur Koyna Exp (sch 0840 hrs) at 1045 hrs
Further Updates : Train Strike Today’s Details
LINE BLOCK : CHENNAI – TIRUTTANI SECTION
Southern Railway announced that due to Line Block to facilitate engineering works in Chennai – Tiruttani section, changes will be made in the pattern of suburban train services from 19.03.2018 to 23.03.2018 (5 days) as explained below.
The following trains will be partially cancelled on 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd March, 2018.
- Train No. 43409 Chennai Central – Arakkonam EMU local, scheduled to leave Chennai Central at 09.10 hrs. will be partially cancelled between Thiruvallur – Arakkonam.The train will run from Chennai Central to Thiruvallur only.
- Train No. 43842 Arakkonam – Avadi EMU local, scheduled to leave Arakkonam at 11.20 hrs. will be partially cancelled betweenArakkonam – Thiruvallur.The train will run from Arakkonam to Thiruvallur only.
The following suburban train services will be dealt on fast line from Kadambattur to Thiruvalangadu and consequently will not stop at Senji Panambakkam railway station.
- Train No.43505 Chennai Central – Tiruttani EMU local, scheduled to leave Chennai Central at 10.00 hrs. on 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd March, 2018, will not stop at Senji Panambakkam railway station.
- Train No.43507 Chennai Central – Tiruttani EMU local, scheduled to leave Chennai Central at 11.45 hrs. on 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd March, 2018, will not stop at Senji Panambakkam railway station.
TRAFFIC BLOCK : AMBALA CANT DIVISION
South Central Railway announced that due to Non-interlocking work on 17th to 25th March, 2018 in Ambala Cant Division of Northern Railway, traffic blocks are imposed. Consequently, the following Express Trains are Diverted as detailed below:-
- Train No.22458 Una Himachal – H.S.Nanded SF Express Train scheduled to depart Una Himachal on 22nd March, 2018 is diverted via Morinda, Sirhnd and Rajpura.
- Train No.22457 H.S.Nanded- Una Himachal SF Express Train scheduled to depart H.S.Nanded on 24th March, 2018 is diverted via Morinda, Sirhnd and Rajpura.
TRAFFIC BLOCK : ALIPUR DUAR DIVISION
South Central Railway announced that due to Non-interlocking work on 26th and 27th March, 2018 in Alipur Duar Division of North Frontier Railway, traffic blocks are imposed. Consequently, the following Express Trains are Diverted as detailed below:-
- Train No.12551 Yasvantpur – Kamakhya AC Express Train scheduled to depart Yasvantpur on 24th March, 2018 is diverted via Samuktala Road, Alipur Duar Jn with two minutes stoppage at Alipur Duar Jn.
- Train No.12552 Kamakhya – Yasvantpur AC Express Train scheduled to depart Kamakhya on 26th March, 2018 is diverted via Samuktala Road, Alipur Duar Jn with two minutes stoppage at Alipur Duar Jn.
- Train No.12510 Guwahati – Bangalore Cant Express Train scheduled to depart Guwahati on 26th and 27th March, 2018 is diverted via Siliguri Jn, New Jalpaiguri with two minutes stoppage at Alipur Duar Jn, Binnaguri and New Mal Jn.
RAJKOT DIVISION : TRACK MAINTENANCE WORK
Movement of few trains to be affected till 31st March in view of track maintenance work in Rajkot Division
Western Railway announced that Track maintenance work is presently being carried out by Engineering Department of Rajkot Division between Daladi and Vagadiya stations which will last till 31st March, 2018.
- Three hours block will be from 03.05 am to 06.05 am on every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- 4 hours block will be taken from 03.05 am to 07.05 am on every Saturday and Sunday.
- There would be no block on Monday and Thursday.
Movement of few trains will be affected during this period on all weekdays except for Monday and Thursday with immediate effect till 31-03-2018 as stated below:
|Train No.||Train Name||Days||Regulated Between||Time (Approximately)|
|19217||Bandra-Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express||Tues, Wed, Fri||Viramgam – Than||1 Hour|
|19217||Bandra-Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express||Sat, Sun||Viramgam – Than||2 Hour and 10 minutes|
|59548||Rajkot-Ahmedabad Local||Tue, Wed, Fri||Rajkot – Wankaner||35 minutes|
|59548||Rajkot-Ahmedabad Local||Sat, Sun||Rajkot – Wankaner||1 hour and 15 minutes|
|19264||Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Rajkot Express||Tue, Fri||Viramgam – Than||1 hour and 10 minutes|
|22960||Jamnagar Surat Intercity||Sat||Rajkot – Wankaner||37 minutes|
|22960||Jamnagar Surat Intercity||Sun||Rajkot – Wankaner||1 hour|
|16613||Rajkot-Coimbatore Express||Sun||Rajkot – Wankaner||1 hour|
|18401||Puri-Okha Express||Tue||Viramgam – Than||35 to 40 minutes|
|19574||Jaipur-Okha Express||Wed||Viramgam – Than||35 to 40 minutes|
|22907||Madgaon-Hapa Express||Sat||Viramgam – Than||35 to 40 minutes|