Train Concession Rules for Students & Youths
- 50% Rail Travel Concession For Youth Participating In The “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” Programme
- Concession Charges for Students by Railway
- General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- Student concession Applying Process : – The Student Concession tickets are permitted only in Sleeper Class (SL) and 2nd Sitting (2S)
- I tickets. Only I-tickets can be exchanged with student concession by presenting the I-ticket and the valid student concession order to the nearest Railway Reservation Office by going to the reservation office along with his journey cum reservation ticket and a request for exchanging the same with the student concession. He will surrender his original fully paid ticket and a student concession ticket with the revised fare (with same seat/berth number status) shall be issued to him. The difference of fare (paid and payable) less the clerk age charge of Rs. 20/- shall be refunded and shall be credited to his account electronically on the next day by IRCTC on receipt of refund file from the Railways.
- Is student concession applicable for both E- Tickets / I – tickets? :- The Student Concession tickets are permitted only in Sleeper Class (SL) and 2nd Sitting (2S). Presently it is not permitted in e-tickets.
- How will I be refunded the difference of fare paid extra with respect to student concession?:- The difference of fare (paid and payable) less the clerk age charge of Rs. 20/- shall be refunded and shall be credited to his account electronically on the next day by IRCTC on receipt of refund file from the Railways.
Concession to Bharat Scouts and Guides
Ministry of Railway have decide to include the following state unit of the Bharat Scouts and Guide to get concession in rail fare.
Concession Charges for Students by Railway
Details regarding percentage of concession by railway to the Students and Youths.
|Railway Concession Rule for Students and Youths|
|Category of Persons||Element of Concession||Purpose of Travel||Authority Required for availing Concession|
|Class 1||Class II/SL|
|Either of parents accompanying the child Recipients of National Bravery Award||-||50%||Any Purpose||Copy of identity Card issued to child by Indian Council for Child Welfare.|
|Upto 25 yrs of age||-||50%||(i)For going to home town during vacations (ii) to appear for exam (iii) educational tours||Concession order in prescribed pro forma signed by Head of the Concerned Institution.|
|Upto 27 yrs of age in case of SC/ST students||-||50%|
|For Students of Govt schools situated in rural areas||-||75% in second Class (not Sleeper class) is available once a year for going on study tour in groups of minimum 20|
|Girl Students of Govt Schools situated in rural areas||-||75% in second (not Sleeper)||For appearing in national level entrance exam for medical, engineering and other professional||Certificate from Head of the School and copy of Admit Card/Call Letter|
|Concession to students appearing in written examination||-||50% in second (Not Sleeper)||For appearing in main written examination conducted by UPSC and Central Staff Selection Commissions.||Certificate from Head of the School and copy of Admit Card/Call Letter|
|Foreign students studying in India||-||50%||To attend camps/seminars organised by Govt. of India or visit to places of historical importance etc.||Certificate from Head of the educational institution or Indian council for Cultural Relations.|
|Research scholars upto the age of 35 yrs||-||50%||Travelling for research work||Certificate from the Registrar of University or Director of the Public Instruction|
|Youth attending National Integration Camps|
|National Youth Project||-||50%||National Integration Camps||Certificate in prescribed pro forma from Secretary of the concerned Organisation|
|Manav Uththan Sewa Samiti||-||40%|
|Students and non students||-||25%||To render voluntary service during natural calamities||Certificate from the concerned recognised educational, social or cultural organisation organising the work camp|
|Cadets and Marine Engineers apprentices undergoing Navigational/Engineering training for Mercantile Mfirine||-||50%||For travel beyond 300 kms between home and training ship at the beginning and end of each term.||Authorised letter in prescribed form from Captain Supdt. Trainship/Course Director/Officer in charge.|
|Bharat Scouts and Guides||-||50%||Travelling beyond 300 Kms for Scout or Guide duty||Certificate from Scouter or Guider and Conuntersigned by Secretary Commissioner National HQ or Dist. Commissioner of State.|
|Unemployed Youth||-||50%||To appear in interview for jobs in PSUs (Full Concession in only second class, for interview for Central/State Govt, jobs)||Attested copy of (1) Call letter from concerned organisation indicating date and place of interview, (ii) copy of application form submitted by the candidate.|
50% Rail Travel Concession For Youth Participating In The “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” Programme
Indian Railway published on 18.12.2019 that in order to facilitate the travel of youth participants of “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” program, Railways has decided to grant 50% concession in basic fare of train tickets. Criteria for getting concession are under.
Criteria For the Concession
- Concession is only in basic fares of Second/Sleeper Class to youths with earnings/emoluments of not more than Rs.5000/- per month for travelling from one State to another State to take part in ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme.
- This concession has been granted as a special case and it is admissible only in the normal train services and not for booking of Special Trains/Coaches.
- The concessional return journey tickets may also be issued on payment of one single journey fares of Second/Sleeper class Mail/Express fares to persons travelling more than 300 Kms from the journey commencing station to the station serving the place of the Festival.
- This concession will be provided on production of requisite certificate in the prescribed railway format from the Secretary of concerned Department of Human Resource Development of various States.
- The intending participants are required to submit the certificate to the authorized officers of the Railway concerned, namely the Chief Commercial Manager, the Divisional Commercial Manager etc. who will issue them the concession orders on presentation of which only the Station Master will allow the concession to them.
- Certificates will not be issued to those whose travelling expenses are to be borne by the Central or State Government or a local body or statutory or a Corporation or a Government Undertaking or a University.
- It may also be noted that supplementary charges, reservation charges and other applicable charges etc shall be levied in full for both directions.