INTEGRATED SECURITY SYSTEM(ISS)FOR CHENNAI CENTRAL AND CHENNAI EGMORE
Southern Railway implemented Integrated Security System(ISS) in Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore on 15-11-2012.
Southern Railway implemented Integrated Security System (ISS) has been planned with the CCTV Surveillance System for 14 major Stations at a cost of Rs.41.60 Crores. This is being commissioned presently at 9 major stations like 1.Chennai Central, 2.Chennai Egmore, 3.Thiruvanathapuram Central, 4.Ernakulam Junction. 5.Madurai Junction, 6.Coimbatore Junction, 7.Tiruchchirappalli Junction, 8.Kozhikode,9.Mangalore and also at 5 suburban stations like 1.Chennai Beach, 2.Mambalam, 3.Tambaram, 4.Basin Bridge Junction and 5.Tiruvallur.
FEATURES OF ISS
1.CCTV Surveillance system
- Facility to record and play back
- Storing of video data for 30 days
- Video analytics like Intrusion detection, Left object detection, Over crowding
2.Under vehicle scanning system (UVSS)
- Monitor and record of under carriage images of vehicles in motion
- Vehicle Driver image capturing
- Vehicle Number plate recognition system
3.Personal and X-ray baggage screening system
- Different tunnel sizes for different capacities of luggage
- Door frame metal detectors for personnel scanning
- Hand held metal detectors
- Parcel scanners for parcel scanning
- Bomb suites, Bomb suppression blanket, bomb basket for detection personnel
- Vapor trace detector for vapor sampling,
- Car remote opening tools
a.CCTV Surveillance system with IP based cameras around 625 Nos.
b.Under Vehicle Scanning System (UVSS) for 18 entries / exits at 9 major stations.
c.Personal and X-ray baggage screening system – 295 Nos.
d.Explosive detection and disposal system for bomb detection squads at all major stations.
The sub systems will be integrated by networking and monitored at the centralised control rooms.The cameras provided are of SAMSUNG make, IP based and UL certified. .
The number of cameras provided are :
- Chennai Central :: 54 NOS
- Chennai suburban (MMC) :: 24 NOS
- Chennai Egmore :: 28 NOS
- Basin Bridge Junction :: 11 NOS
The Security personnel can now view all the nook and corners of the station premises from the Central Control Room to ensure safety of the Railway passengers and their belongings.