ID PROOF – RAILWAY RELAX CONDITION
South Central Railway announced through the Press Release that the Indian Railway Relax the Condition of production of Original Proof of Identity during the Journey. Railway relax the condition is mainly for Lower Economic Classes.The Relax Condition will be effect from 15th January i.e, 15-01-2013.
ORIGINAL ID PROOF MANDATORY FOR ALL RESERVED CLASSES FROM 1st December 2012
- Passengers undertaking journey in all AC classes on tickets issued by computerized Passenger Reservation System (PRS) Counters from General Quota, except in III Economy Class (3E).
- Passengers travelling on e-tickets
- Passengers travelling on Tatkal tickets.
The expanded list of the Prescribed Proofs of Identity for undertaking journey by any Reserved Class by tickets obtained from Passenger Reservation System Counters from General Quota / Tatkal Quota, or through e-booking will be as follows:-
- Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving License issued by Regional Transport Authorities.
- Photo Identity Card having serial number issued by Central / State Government such as:- (i)Pension Pay Orders (PPO) (ii) Ration Card with photographs (iii) Senior Citizen Cards (iv) Below Poverty Line (BPL) Cards (v) ESI Cards with photograph issued for taking treatment in ESI dispensaries. (vi) CGHS Cards with photograph issued to individual family members of Central Govt. employees.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their Students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with Laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State /Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal Bodies, Panchayat Administrations.
So from December 1st 2012 on wards,any one of the passengers booked on a PNR in any Reserved Class has to produce any one of the above mentioned prescribed Proofs of Identity in Original during the journey, Otherwise passengers will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly. The existing provision for the Tatkal scheme will continue as same as earlier.