Indian Railways Train Accident Details
Indian Railway is trying its best to avoid mishaps due to collision and derailment, but also lots of accidents happens in every year. Here are details regarding train derailment/ other train accident and Helpline numbers announced by Railway during the time of mishap.
Mumbai : Fire in Goods Train : Trains Cancelled : 09.11.2018
Two wagons of a goods train caught fire near Dahanu in Maharashtra’s Palghar district late on Thursday night, affecting the movement of local as well as long-distance trains on the line, police said on Friday. Railway Protection Force inspector Mahendra Singh said the goods train containing plastic granules was coming from Surat towards Uran in Raigad district and the incident occurred 6km from Vangaon station at around 10:45pm.
Singh said the 15th and 16th wagons caught fire after the overhead wire snapped and fell on the moving train. The Western Railway immediately turned off the power supply and halted both up and down traffic, he added. “The fire was caused due to sparks from the overhead wire as it carries around 25,000 V current and huge balls of fire were seen,” Singh said.
Personnel of the fire brigade and Western Railway are at the spot and cordoned off the area. Western Railway’s general manager AK Gupta and other officials are at the spot since Thursday night to coordinate the restoration work.
Officials said all traffic towards Mumbai and Ahmedabad have been halted and a few Mumbai and Ahmedabad bound trains cancelled after the power supply was turned off. Maintenance staff are fixing the overhead cable and traffic will resume shortly, they added.
Following fire incidence in two bogies of container goods train near Dahanu Road of Mumbai Division , Down line has been opened while restoration work of UP line is in full swing as melted material spread on UP line. GM, WR & Sr. Officers reached at site. #WRUpdates pic.twitter.com/HMON9ROhEk
— Western Railway (@WesternRly) November 8, 2018
Some of the Mumbai-bound trains which have been cancelled are Ahmedabad Passenger, Dahanu-Andheri local, Valsad Mumbai Passenger, Surat-Mumbai Flying Ranee, Dahanu Panvel and Boisar Diva shuttle.
Virar-Dahanu shuttle, Mumbai-Ahmedabad Passenger, Mumbai Surat Flying Ranee and Mumbai Valsad Passenger, Churchgate-Dahanu local have also been cancelled. A few long-distance trains were running late due to the mishap, said a railway official.
- Surat – 02267641178 and 02612413932
- Mumbai Central – 02267644257
- BDTS – 02267647646
- Borivali – 02267634054
At 02.25 pm : Kindly note Re-Scheduling of train of JCO 09-11-18 .1)12010 (Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central) scheduled departure 14.45 hrs is Rescheduled at 15.45 hrs from Ahmedabad. 2)12972 (Bhavnagar- Bandra T) scheduled departure at 18.30 Hrs is Rescheduled at 21.25 hrs.
At 02.20 pm : Commuters pls note that 69139(Borivali -Surat) JCO OF 09.11.18 is Cancelled. 69165 (Panvel-Vasai Rd ) MEMU on 09.11.18 will run now . Also, 269168(Vasai Road -Panvel) MEMU on 09.11.18 will RUN6 now.
At 02.15 pm : Train No.14707 Bikaner -Bandra TJCO 08.11.18 is short Terminated at Borivali & reversed as 14708 Borivali to Bikaner. 12479 Jodhpur-Bandra T JCO 08.11.18 is short terminated at Borivali & reversed as 12480 Borivali -Jodhpur.
At 02.10 pm : Train No. 59442(Ahmedabad -Mumbai Central ) JCO 8-11-2018 will be Short Terminated at Vapi and Reversed as 59441 EX VAPI.
19116 BHUJ-Dadar JCO 8.11.18 is short Terminated at Borivali & reversed As 19115 Borivali to BHUJ ie 19116/19115 cancelled between BVI-DDR-BVI.
At 02.00 pm : 69165 Panvel-Vasai Rd MEMU and
69168 Vasai Rd -Panvel MEMU Cancelled on 09.11.18. 61004 दिवा-Vasai Rd JCO 9.11.18 is also Cancelled on 9.11.18.
DERAILMENT : MALDA TOWN NEW DELHI EXPRESS : 10.10.2018
At least five people were killed as five coaches and the engine of the New Farakka Express derailed near Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday i.e. 10.10.2018 morning, divisional railway manager (DRM) of Northern Railway Satish Kumar said. The accident took place near Harchandpur at around 6.05 am, he said. The train was headed from Malda Town in West Bengal to New Delhi. Over 30 people were also injured in the accident. Details are following.
NOTE – 3 by Railway
Helpline Numbers at New Delhi
- 1072- 3 lines
NOTE – 2 by Railway
Derailment of Train No.14003 MALDA TOWN NEW DELHI EXPRESS
Emergency help line numbers set up at Patna Station;
- BSNL- 0612-2202290
- BSNL – 0612-2202291
- BSNL – 0612-2202292
- Rly Phone No – 025-83288
NOTE – 1 by Railway
Train 14003 MALDA TOWN NEW DELHI EXPRESS derailed at Harchandpur at 06.05 hrs in Rae Bareli-Lucknow section of Lucknow Division in Northern Railway.
Emergency help line numbers set up at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction (Mughalsarai)
- BSNL – 05412-254145
- Railway – 027-73677
TRAIN DERAILMENT : SECUNDERABAD DIVISION : 31.08.2018
South Central Railway announced that in view of derailment of Goods train at Malkhaid Road of Lingampalli – Wadi section of Secunderabad Division the following trains are cancelled/partially cancelled/diverted today i.e., 31st August, 2018 as detailed below:-
Train Cancelled today i.e., 31st August, 2018
- Train No. 57131 Bollarum – Hyderabad passenger is cancelled today 31st August, 2018
Train Partially Cancelled
- Train No. 57129 Bijapur – Bollarum Passenger which left Bijapur on 30th August, 2018 is partially cancelled between Lingampalli – Bollarum
- Train No. 57660 Falaknuma – Gulbarga passenger which left Falaknuma today i.e., 31st August, 2018 is diverted to run via Tandur, Vikarabad, Bidar, Khanapur Deccan, Humnabad.
TRAIN DERAILMENT : ISPAT EXPRESS : 02.08.2018
South Eastern Railway announced that Train services of South Eastern Railway have been partially affected today (2.8.18) when engine and one SLR of empty rake of 12871 Howrah-Titlagarh Ispat Express while admitting at Howrah station (Platform No 23) got derailed at 6:00 hrs today morning blocking platform no 21, 22 and 23. As a result the following trains have been rescheduled/short terminated/cancelled :-
— SouthEasternRailway (@serailwaykol) August 2, 2018
- Train No.12821 Howrah-Puri Dhauli Express has been rescheduled to leave Howrah at 9:30 hrs instead of 6:00 hrs today (2.8.18)
- Train No.12871 Howrah-Titlagarh Ispat Express has been rescheduled to leave Howrah at 10:00 hrs instead of 6:55 hrs today (2.8.18)
Trains Short Terminated
The following down trains have been short terminated at Santragachi :
- Train No.12101 LTT-Howrah Jnaneswari Express
- Train No.12809 Mumbai-Howrah Mail
- Train No.18410 Puri-Howrah Sri Jagannath Express
- Train No.18006 Jagdalpur-Howrah Express
Apart from this, 2 local trains have also been short terminated.
- Train No.Three Up and DownHowrah-Panskura Local trains have been cancelled
DERAILMENT OF MUMBAI – HOWRAH MAIL : 10.03.2018
Central Railway announced that 3 coaches of 12809 Mumbai-Howrah Mail via Nagpur i.e. coach S-12, S-13 and Pantry Car derailed near Igatpuri (between TGR 1 and Igatpuri before entering platform 2), on Mumbai Division at 2.05 hrs on 10.6.2018. There are no injuries to any passenger.
- Kalyan 0251-2311499
- Dadar 022-24114836
- Igatpuri 02553-244020
Due to this, Dn Main line and Middle line were blocked, However, Up main line was safe for traffic.
Trains Diverted via Pune-Daund-Manmad
- 11057 CSMT-Amritsar Express JCO 9.6.2018
- 15645 LTT-Guwahati Express JCO 9.6.2018
- 12167 LTT-Varanasi Express JCO 10.6.2018
Trains Diverted via Vasai Road-Surat-Jalgaon
- 11093 CSMT-Varanasi Mahanagari Express JCO 10.6.2018
- 12141 LTT-Patliputra Express JCO 9.6.2018
- 15066 Panvel-Gorakhpur Express JCO 9.6.2018
- 12811 LTT-Hatia Express JCO 10.6.2018
Trains Cancelled on 10.6.2018
- 22101 CSMT-Manmad Rajya Rani Express
- 22102 Manmad-CSMT Rajya Rani Express
- 12109 CSMT-Manmad Panchvati Express
- 12110 Manmad-CSMT Panchvati Express
- 12117 LTT-Manmad Godavari Express
- 12118 Manmad-LTT Godavari Express
- 99902 Pune-Talegaon EMU
- 99903 Talegaon-Pune EMU
- 99810 Pune-Lonavala EMU
- 99809 Lonavala-Pune EMU
- 51318 Pune-Karjat Passenger
- 51317 Karjat-Pune Passenger
Trains Short Terminated on 10.6.2018
- 51154 Bhusaval-CSMT Passenger will run upto Nasik Road and will run as 51153 from Nasik Road to Bhusaval.
Central Railway Mumbai Division on getting the news about derailment of 3 coaches, rushed the staff immediately for restoration work which was done on war footing.
- 03.50 hrs front portion of the train i.e. engine and 8 coaches left the site for Igatpuri.
- 05.35 hrs front portion of the train left Igatpuri
- 05.45 hrs S-13 coach rerailed
- 06.10 hrs Dn line restored for traffic.
- 06.35 hrs S-12 coach rerailed
- 07.05 hrs rear portion of the train (10 coaches) left site for Igatpuri
- 07.15 hrs rear portion of the train arrived Igatpuri
All the trains diverted (trains leaving from 05.20 hrs onwards on 10.6.2018) will be running on its normal path as the line is restored.
Arrangements are also made to attach three sleeper class coaches at Manmad and 3 general second class coaches at Bhusaval.The affected train (front portion and rear portion) was attached at Nasik Road and the train left Nasik Road at 09.15 hrs for its onward journey.
Shri Vishal Agarwal, Additional General Manager, along with Divisional Railway Manager, Mumbai Division, Central Railway and other officials supervised the restoration operation.The passengers of the affected coaches were adjusted in other coaches.
Indian Railways Accident Details Of Mumbai Website :: Shodh
Indian Railway is launching some website for giving information about the accidents of Trains. Following are the details of that.