What is Rajya Rani express train?
Rajya Rani trains are a series of express trains operated by Indian Railways to connect state capitals with other cities important for business, tourism, or pilgrimage.
The first Rajya Rani train was started between Dadar and Sawantvadi by Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee.Then it was flagged off on 1 July 2011 between Mysore and Bangalore by K. H. Muniyappa, Minister of State for Railways.The train was named after Maharani Gayatri Devi, former princess of the state of Cooch Behar, Maharani of Jaipur.she was one of the world’s 10 most beautiful women on the Vogue Magazine list.She shares space with the likes of Rabindranath Tagore (Kavi Guru Express) and Swami Vivekananda (Vivek Express) as the railways has named a series of trains as Rajya Rani Expresses to honor the late Rajmata of Jaipur.
- Train No.11003 – 11004 Dadar – Sawantvadi Express (Daily 6)
- Train No.16557 – 16558 Mysore – Bangalore Express (Daily 7)
- Train No.22861 – 22862 Shalimar – Bankura Superfast (Mon, Tue, Sat)
- Train No.16349 – 16350 Trivandrum Central -Nilambur Road Express (Daily) [Going to start November second week]
- Damoh – Bhopal Intercity Express (daily)
- Meerut-Lucknow Intercity Express (daily)
- Jogbani-Patna Intercity Express (daily)
- Silghat-Dhubri Intercity Express (tri-weekly via Guwahati-Kokrajhar-Jogighopa)
- Bankura-Howrah Express (tri-weekly)
- Jharsuguda-Bhubaneswar Express (tri-weekly)
- Manmad-Mumbai Express (daily) via Nasik