Indian Railway’s Humsafar Express is a full 3-tier AC train with an optional service for meals. This train is being targeted to middle – class travelers. This is an affordable luxury train service. It help to travel all around India without spending too much money. The main goal of Humsafar train services is to provide people with a high quality solution for rail travel at a reasonable rate. The first Humsafar Express launched on 16th December,2016 between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar. It offers 16 AC 3-Tier coaches with 72 seats each . There are also 2 power cars in the fleet.
|Humsafar Express Upgraded Details|
The train speed is from 110 to 130 km/ph on average. The fare is about Rs.1100. This is higher than the Rs.960 rate that the Mail/Express AC-3 route already works with.
Existing Features of Humsafar Express Coaches are following.
- Bio – toilets
- Charging stations for mobile charging
- LED Screens to show the details on where the train is, what stations are coming and other important train related annoucement.
- Hygenic and Refrigerated Pantry.
- Aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior.
- Pleasing interiors with attractive and colourfully co-ordinated seats, berths, partitions, curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
- Deodorizer, Dustbins, Sleek bottle holders in the cabins
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance of the common areas of the coaches.
- Integrated Braille displays for the visually impaired.
- Hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system
- Global Positioning System (GPS) based Passenger information system
- Passenger announcement system
- Fire and Smoke detection system in the coaches.
- Fire detection and suppression system in the Power cars
- Equipped with Auto Vending Machine and Mini Pantry with Oven/Fridge. Vending Machines for various drinks
- Those who bring their own meals on board can enjoy the refrigeration box and heating space on each train car.
- These trains will feature side curtains on the corridors like 2 AC which were removed from 3-tier AC sleepers.
- The berths will more comfortable than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper rakes.
- Each and every coupe and side berth having curtains to maintain privacy.
But Indian Railway is going to upgrade the Humsafar Express with more features and following are the details.
The additional features of Humsafar new rake offers:
- Single Piece Side Lower Berth (previously 2 piece)
- Mobile Charging point for each berth (previously 3 chargers for 8 passengers) including USB charging points.
- Reading light for each berth (previously only the lower berths had reading lights)
- Convenient upper berth climbing arrangement
- Urinal in 2 toilets per coach
- Baby Nappy Changing Pad in 2 toilets per coach
- Display Monitor Screen for the CCTV installed in the coach.
- Dustbins in each bay inside the coach.
A total of 11 Humsafar trains have been announced by the Ministry of Railways in the new time table. Of these, 6 trains of Humsafar Express namely:
- Train Nos.12595/12596 Gorakhpur- Anand Vihar
- Train Nos.12503/12504 Kamakhya- Bangalore Cantt,
- Train Nos.22887/22888 Howrah- Yesvantpur,
- Train Nos.14715/14716 Sriganganagar- Tiruchchirapalli,
- Train Nos.22867/22868 Durg- Nizamuddin,
- Train Nos.22919/22920 Ahmedabad- Chennai Central
On 15-06-2017,Railway is planning to flagging off 2 trains of Humsafar Express namely Train No.22705/22706 Tirupati – Jammutawi and Train Nos.20889/20890 Howrah- Vijaywada Humsafar train. The remaining Humsafar trains will also be introduced in due course.
It is planned to manufacture 10 Humsafar rakes during the current financial year at Modern Coach Factory, Raebareli and Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The cost of a Humsafar AC 3 Tier coach Rs.2.58 crores, as compared to Rs.2.39 crores for a normal LHB AC 3 Tier coach.
For getting more details about Humsafar New Trains , please go through New Train Details 2017