Details of Credit Card / Debit Card Special Discounts by Indian Railways
India is moving to become a Cash Less country. As an initiative of this Indian Government announced demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000. After this announcement common peoples Struggled a lot due to shortage of physical cash. Re-cover from this stage and to full fill the dream of becoming a Cash less economy, Indian Government announced following crucial decisions. Today Government of India announced various discounts for the Cards payment in various sectors of the economy, but here we are giving the relevant details regarding Credit/Debit Cards discounts related to Indian Railway.
|Credit Card / Debit Card / Mobile Wallets Special Discounts|
Indian Railways Special Discount Details
- Local Trains Monthly or Seasonal tickets will get a 0.5% discount, if you pay Online (Credit / Debit / Wallets etc).This discount will be applicable from January 1, 2017.
- 10 lakh Free Accident Insurance for all Indian Rail Passengers if you purchased via Online methods.
- Additional 5% discount on accommodation, catering and retiring room at railway stations across India , when you are booked your tickets via Online.
- No service tax will be charged on debit and credit card transactions of up to Rs. 2,000. ( Now this is 15 per cent tax is imposed).
By the help of these decisions railway's aim is to reduce cash transactions as much as possible.
In addition to this today government also announced following liberalization too.
Other Special Discounts
- Petrol and Diesel Purchase will get additional 0.75 discount, if paid the amount via Cards and Wallets ( PAYTM , Mobi Wiki etc. )
- 4 crore farmers eligible for the scheme will be given a RuPay card, a government issued card, to use at swipe machines, Micro ATMs and ATMs.
- General insurance premiums will attract additional 10% discount and 8% discount for life insurance if the payment is made online.
- Online payment transaction charges will leaved off for Central Government and central PSU's.
- Toll plazas on highways will get a 10% discount, for using Smart TAGs and RFID - similar to prepaid cards or electronic chips.
Government also announced that will withdraw older Rs. 500 relation to use till December 15 will now reduce to December 10.
In addition all you may able to Bank wise special offer, Mobile Wallets special discounts to add amount or use at different places. So don't waste this and make use of this maximum. Enjoy!