Railway Budget 2017 - 2018The Budget will be presented in Parliament on February 1 next year, a famous News Paper reported. Demonetization decision would have no impact on the Budget process.
Merger of Rail Budget With Union Budget
- Ministry of Railways will continue to function as a departmentally run commercial undertaking;
- A separate Statement of Budget Estimates and Demand for Grant will be created for Railways;
- A single Appropriation Bill, including the estimates of Railways, will be prepared and presented by Ministry of Finance to Parliament and all legislative work connected therewith will be handled by Ministry of Finance;
- Railways will get exemption from payment of dividend to General Revenues and its Capital-at-charge would stand wiped off;
- Ministry of Finance will provide Gross Budgetary Support to Ministry of Railways towards meeting part of its capital expenditure;
- Railways may continue to raise resources from market through Extra-Budgetary Resources as at present to finance its capital expenditure;
- The presentation of a unified budget will help present a holistic picture of the financial position of the Government;
- Merger of Rail Budget with Union Budget would facilitate multi modal transport planning between highways, railways and inland waterways.
- It will allow Ministry of Finance greater elbow-room at the time of mid-year review for better allocation of resources, etc.
|Year||Budgetary Support||(in Crore) Dividend and Interest paid|