Details of Free E-Wheelchair by Indian Railway
|Wheelchair Service For Senior Citizens|
Salient Features of Yatri Mitra Sewa
- Yatri Mitra : Yatri Mitra can either be a Sahayak or any other person provided by IRCTC or the service provider appointed by IRCTC for this purpose.
- Services to be provided by Yatri Mitra : Yatri Mitra shall provide Wheel chair cum porter services to differently abled, ailing and old persons.
- Provision of Yatri Mitra Sewa : The responsibility of providing Yatri Mitra Sewa has been entrusted with IRCTC. IRCTC may provide this service ‘Free of cost’ through some NGO, charitable trust, PSUs etc under CSR. However, if this service can’t be provided ‘Free of Cost’ due to lack of response from NGOs, Charitable trust, PSUs etc, IRCTC may arrange this service on payment basis through a service provider or on its own. IRCTC may also arrange these services through existing Battery Operated Car (BOC) Operator, wherever, an agency is providing the service.
- The Yatri Mitra service can be booked on IRCTC e-ticketing website and 139 (IVRS and SMS) or through a mobile.
- A Mobile Application developed by CRIS would also be made available for booking of Yatri Mitra as and when it is developed and released by CRIS.
- A dedicated Mobile number for each station, where this service is available, shall be made available by the Service provider / IRCTC which would be displayed on IRCTC e-ticketing website and zonal websites of Indian Railways to facilitate booking of Yatri Mitra.
- Based on the station at which the facility is booked by the passenger, the booking details (Train Name and Number, date and time of arrival/departure, PNR number, Name of the passenger, Coach and berth number) will be sent by SMS both to the passenger and service provider/IRCTC along with the amount chargeable, if applicable, for the service.
- The mobile number of the Yatri Mitra shall also be sent to the passenger through SMS before the expected time of the arrival of the passenger so that the passenger can contact the Yatri Mitra.
- The Mobile Application developed by CRIS would have the facility for the service provider to update the status after providing the service. The passenger would also have the option to give feedback regarding compliance for his booking.
- The IRCTC/service provider on receipt of SMS will ensure that the Yatri Mitra is arranged/positioned at the platform near the coach of the arriving passenger.
- The mobile number of the Yatri Mitra shall also be sent to the passenger through SMS in advance.
- On arrival of the train, the Yatri Mitra shall approach the passenger near his coach, greet him, show his mobile message which will be similar as sent to the passenger himself. On instructions of passenger, he will pick up his/her luggage and help him/her in sitting in wheelchair and take him to desired exit gate or any other platform in case of transfer passenger.
- In case of late running of train, the service provider shall contact the passenger on the mobile number given by the passenger at the time of booking and arrange the service as per expected arrival of the train at the station.
- The IRCTC/service provider on receipt of SMS will ensure that the Yatri Mitra is arranged/positioned at the nominated entrance of the station building from where the passenger will be boarding the train.
- Yatri Mitra shall contact the passenger on the mobile number given by the passenger at the time of booking and confirm the expected time of arrival of the passenger and entrance gate of station.
- On arrival of the passenger at entrance gate of station, the Yatri Mitra shall approach the passenger, greet him, and show his mobile message which will be similar as sent to the passenger himself. On instructions of passenger, he will pick up his luggage and help him/her in sitting in wheelchair and take him to the platform where train has to arrive.
- The Railway shall provide space for storage/parking of wheel chairs as per requirement of number of wheelchairs and charging point if wheelchairs are battery operated. In case service is provided Free of cost, electricity for charging battery of wheelchairs shall be provided free. In case of paid service, the cost of electricity on consumption basis and connection shall be charged to the service provider as per extant practice.
- The service charges, if applicable, shall be kept reasonable and affordable keeping in mind the objective of providing services to the needy.The service charges should be collected by the Service provider directly from the passenger.
- IRCTC shall provide adequate number of wheelchairs at the station as per the requirement to be decided in consultation with Sr DCM/DCM of concerned division. Preference should be given to battery operated wheelchairs.
- The Yatri Mitra appointed by service provider shall be issued an ID card and permit to provide these services at the station by Sr DCM/DCM of the concerned Division.
- The service will be available at major stations.