|New Changes in Parcel Sector by Railway|
- Announcement of policy opening category I and II Goods sheds for Container Lift on/Lift off operations by private container operators.
- Announcement of policy opening parcel sector to container operators
Parcel Services to Private Sector - Railway
Container Train Operators to run Parcel Special Trains : Railway
- Container Train Operators (CTOs) shall be allowed to operate Parcel Special trains (non-leased) consisting of Parcel Vans on indent basis.
- The minimum composition of Parcel Special train shall be 20 Parcel Vans and one Brake van. Accordingly, Container Train Operators (CTOs) shall place indent for minimum of a rake.
- Container Train Operators (CTOs) shall aggregate the parcel cargo from various customers and offer the same in full rake load. At destination, the parcel cargo shall be delivered to the CTO for further segregation and handing over to various customers.
- Container Train Operators (CTOs) shall be permitted to load and unload the Parcel Special train from Container Rail Terminal (CRT), Inland Container Depot (ICD), Domestic Container Terminal (DCT), Multi-modal Logistic Park (MMLP) and all Railway’s terminals notified for handling of parcel trains.
- The existing tariff shall be made applicable.