New Delhi - Chandigarh Tejas Express DetailsIndian Railway's Tejas train is on track. A famous News paper reported that Chandigarh - New Delhi Non-Stop Tejas is on Track. Following are the details.
Although coaches are being manufactured, a new New Delhi - Chandigarh train, the Tejas Express, that will not halt even once during the 266 km journey is on Railway's time table. the train will take 3 hours 5 minutes. Ambala division railways manager Dinesh Kumar said date of introduction of the train had not been finalized.
Schedule of Tejas Express
- Train No.22425 New Delhi - Chandigarh train will depart from New Delhi at 09.30 am and will arrive Chandigarh at 12.25 pm.
- Train No.22426 Chandigarh - New Delhi train will depart from Chandigarh at 02.35 pm and will reach New Delhi at 05.30 pm.
The Tejas train which was announced in the Union Budget earlier this year, will give passengers,high-tech entertainment units, wi-fi internet and other facilities on-board. The train will run all six days a week except Wednesday. Nine Chair car coaches. One Executive chair car coaches. Two regenerative van Coach. Tejas train will contain Twelve coaches.
Train fare has not been finalized. Additional facilities like Wi-Fi had been added to the train and it was faster than the Shatabdi, the fare will be higher, the official added.
Updated : .12.07.2016
As announced in the Railway Budget 2016-17 by the Railways Minister, Tejas along with other new luxury trains like Humsafar, Deen Dayalu Express, and Uday will look to bring world class facilities at an affordable price to the passengers of the world’s largest railway network. Tejas Express to be rolled out soon by Indian Railway. Let's check why Tejas Express differ from other trains.
|Tejas Express by Indian Railway|
- Tejas meaning brilliance,is a reserved passenger luxury train and it will operated at speed of 130 kmph and above.
- Tejas Express is also called as golden Chariot, the trains coaches will be painted in a golden colour.
- The train will have high-tech entertainment units, Wi-Fi facility and integrated braille displays, to give its passengers the feel of world-class travel.
- Tejas coaches will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while those of Hamsafar will have 3-AC.
- Tejas coaches will be equipped with 22 new features, including entertainment screens for each passenger along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instruction.
- There will be water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, sensorised taps and hand driers.
- Attempts have been made to provide state-of-art facilities in Tejas, including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack tables, according to reports.
- Both Tejas and Hamsafar will have CCTVs, and fire and smoke detection and suppression system.
It will also bring with it water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, touch-sensitive taps, and hand driers. Both Tejas and Humsafar will also be equipped with CCTVs and fire and smoke detection and suppression systems to ensure passenger safety. Tejas and Hamsafar trains, along with Antodaya Express and Deen Dayalu coaches, are to be introduced in the current fiscal as part of the budget proposal. Antodaya Express will be a fully unreserved train, while Deen Dayalu coaches will have improved facilities for general class passengers.