Now Various Zones of Indian Railway have CoTVMs. Western Railway, Central Railway, Southern Railway etc started to install the CoTVM in main stations. This machine will help the passengers to get the unreserved tickets without much hassle.
Cash/Coin and Smart Card Operated Ticket Vending Machine more popularly known as CoTVM is a self - operated kiosk to buy unreserved tickets using currency notes or coins as well as smart cards. The kiosks have touch screens, are self operated and have user friendly graphical interface for easy and convenient ticket transactions.
This machine help us to get all type of unreserved tickets including platform tickets. It is providing 24 hours service. It help us to avoid queues. step by step procedures. While using Smart Cards,recharge of smart card will happen with single note of denomination as selected by the passenger which is Rs. 20/50/100/500, i.e. for a Rs. 500/- recharge, one has to insert a single note of Rs. 500/- only.
- The kiosk accepts Indian coins of Rs 5/- and Rs 10/- and Indian currency notes of denominations of Rs 5/- to Rs 1000/-,only.
- These machines do not accept soiled/cut/glued/taped/wet/colored currency notes and currency notes other than the ones bearing the image of Mahatma Gandhi.
- These kiosks will only accept exact amount in currency notes and coins within the pre-defined time i.e 60 seconds for issue of ticket. If the passenger fails to insert the requisite amount, the transaction will be cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the passenger and he may start the transaction afresh.
- The Kiosk issues maximum 4 adult/child ticket on each second class ticket.
- Only one ticket will be issued in case of First Class ticket, Season ticket and Platform ticket.
- The refund of tickets issued through CoTVMs will be done as per extant refund rules.
|CoTVM : Step by Step Procedure - 1|
|CoTVM : Step by Step Procedure - 2|
Railway Budget 2016 : Updates
HOW TO TAKE TICKET
Anybody can take tickets from CoTVM by following simple steps.
- Select the Language of Operation,
- Select the Destination station (via point if any),
- Select the Class of travel or journey type
- Select the Number of Passengers (adult/child)
- Select the Mode of Payment – Cash or Smart Card
- If mode of payment is selected as Cash, then the screen will show the message to insert the note and coin in cash accept or within the pre – defined time.
- Insert the note and coin (as the case may be) one by one. You have to insert the exact amount.
- After inserting exact cash, confirm to print ticket. The ticket will be issued.
- In case, mode of payment is selected as Smart Card, keep the Smart Card on the card reader and press the print icon. The ticket will be issued and amount of ticket will be deducted from the balance available in the smart card.