New Trains ListIndian Railway announced various New Trains to connect various destinations of the country and sometimes at the time of extra rush period. This new trains including weekly mail/express, mail/express, passenger trains etc. Normally along with Railway budget announcement only railway is announcing new trains.
Summary of New Trains Announced on 2016
Also read :- Special Trains list 2016
New trains details 2016
Updated on 18.04.2016
NEW ANAND VIHAR - GHAZIPUR CITY SUHAILDEV SUPER FAST TRI-WEEKLY EXPRESS
- Train No.22420 Anand Vihar T.- Ghazipur City “Suhaildev Super fast” Tri-Weekly Express Train will depart from Anand Vihar T. at 06.45 pm on every Tuesday. Thursday and Saturday from 14.04.2016 to reach Ghazipur City at 09.15 am the next day.
- Train No.22419 Ghazipur City - Anand Vihar T. “Suhaildev Super fast” Tri-Weekly Express Train will depart from Ghazipur City at 05.30 pm on every Wednesday. Friday and Sunday from 15.04.2016 to reach Anand Vihar T. at 08.10 am the next day.
New Gatimaan Express started : H. Nizamuddin And Agra Cantt.
- First semi high speed train of Indian railway
- Capable to run at the top speed of 160 km/hour
- Offer improved catering and variety of cuisines
- Introduction of Train hostesses
- Two different Agra guided Heritage packages, one package is for full one day and another package is for two days for nominal charges.
Schedule Of Regular Run Of 12050/12049 Between H. Nizamuddin And Agra Cantt. ‘Gatiman’ Express (Six Days A Week Except Friday)
- Train No.12050 H. Nizamuddin - Agra Cantt. ‘Gatimaan’ Express (Six Days A Week Except Friday) Train will depart from H. Nizamuddin at 08.10 am from 06.04.2016 to reach Agra Cantt. at 09.50 am the same day.
- Train No.12049 H. Agra Cantt.- H. Nizamuddin ‘Gatiman’ Express (Six Days A Week Except Friday) Train will depart from Agra Cantt. at 05.50 pm from 05.04.2016 to reach H. Nizamuddin at 07.30 pm the same day.
Two Executive AC Chair Car and eight AC Chair Car coaches.
New JAMMU TAWI - KANPUR BI-WEEKLY EXPRESS SPECIAL TRAINSNorthern Railway introduced new bi-weekly express special trains between Jammu Tawi and Kanpur.
- Train No.14155 Kanpur - Jammu Tawi Bi-Weekly Express Train will depart from Kanpur at 05.15 pm on every Tuesday and Saturday from 09.06.2016 to reach Jammu Tawi at 12.10 pm the next day.
- Train No.14156 Jammu Tawi - Kanpur Bi-Weekly Express Train will depart from Jammu Tawi at 05.30 pm on every Wednesday and Sunday from 10.06.2016 to reach Kanpur at 01.55 pm the next day.
One A.C. 2 Tier, two A.C. 3 Tier, seven Sleeper Class, Six General Class besides Two Luggage Van coaches
HaltingEtawah, Tundla, Aligarh, Khurja, Bulandsheher, Hapur, Meerut City, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur, Ambala Cantt., Ludhiana, Jalandhar Cantt. and Pathankot Cantt. stations enroute in both the directions.
Updated on 04.03.2016 at 02.55 pm
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off the following New Train services through video conferencing today.
- Train No.15623/15624 Kamakhya - Bhagat Ki Kothi ( Jodhpur)weekly Express.
It will connect 40 towns across 7 states of India.Following are the states:In Rajasthan : Merta Road Jn, Degana , khatu, Chhoti Khatu, Didwana, Ladnun, Sujangarh, Churu, Sadulpur.In Haryana : Luharu, Mahendragarh, Rewari, Gurgaon.In Delhi : Delhi Cantt, Delhi Jn.In UP : Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow, Ayodhaya, Shahganj, Faizabad, Varanasi, Mughalsarai.In Bihar : Buxar, Ara, Patna, Barauni, Khagaria, Naugachia, Katihar,Sonaili, Kishanganj.In West Bengal : New Jalpaiguri, New Coochbehar, New Alipurduar.In Assam : Kokrajhar, New Bongaigaon Jn.. Barpeta Road, Rangiya.
Composition of regular service:
Power Car-2, AC-III Tier-3, AC-II Tier-2, Sleeper -6, General Class-6 totaling 19 coaches.
- Train No. 75713/75714 Siliguri - New Coochbehar DEMU, Passenger service(six days a week) on the newly constructed New Coochbehar - Changrabandha section.
Updated on 22.02.2016 at 03.55 pm
While addressing the people at a colorful ceremony at Silchar railway station in Cachar district of Southern Assam bordering Bangladesh, Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu said that the Railway's focus is to connect the entire North East with the rest of India through rail network. As part of this plan, will introduce four new express trains from Silchar by April.
Minister Suresh Prabhu was there for flagged off the Sampark Kranti Express, which was extended to Silchar from Guwahati and will go to New Delhi. The Railway Minister also inaugurated the Badarpur -Jirania and Badarpur - Jiribam sections for trial run.
Train No. 14260 / 14259 Lucknow - Mughalsarai - Lucknow Ekatmata Weekly ExpressTrain Details
- Train no. 04259 Mughalsarai-Lucknow Ekatmata Express Train will take place at 3.30 p.m. from Mughalsarai Railway Station on 11.02.2016 concluding at Lucknow Railway Station at 00.55 midnight on 12.02.2016.
Varanasi, Bhadohi, Janghai, Pratapgarh, Amethi and Rae Bareli stations.
Train No. 14260 / 14259 Lucknow - Mughalsarai - Lucknow Ekatmata Weekly Express
- Train No. 14260 Lucknow-Mughalsarai Ekatmata Weekly Express Train will depart from Lucknow at 11.15 p.m. on every Saturday from 13.02.2016 to reach Mughalsarai at 06.35 a.m the next day.
- Train No. 14259 Mughalsarai - Lucknow Ekatmata Weekly Express train will depart from Mughalsarai at 11.00 p.m on every Sunday from 14.02.2016 to reach Lucknow at 05.40 a.m the next day.
Rae Bareli, Amethi, Pratapgarh, Janghai, Bhadohi and Varanasi stations enroute in both the directions.
Chennai Central – Shalimar AC Suvidha Express via Vijayawada
- Train No.22840 Chennai Central – Shalimar AC Suvidha special will depart Chennai Central at 12:00 hrs tomorrow i.e. on 7th February, 2016, arrive/depart Vijayawada at 18:40/18:45 hrs and arrive Shalimar at 13:30 hrs on the next day.
Updated on 02.02.2016 at 09.23 am
18245/18246 Bilaspur - Bikaner Express (Bi-weekly)
(Sat, Thurs) and will reach destination Bhagat Ki Kothi at 05.50 (Monday, Saturday).
Train No. 18246 Bikaner - Bilaspur Express will depart from Bikaner at 23.30 (Mon, Sat) and will reach arrive Bilaspur at 12.45 on every Wednesday and Monday.
Train No. 18243 / 18244 Bilaspur - Bhagat Ki Kothi Express
Train No. 18243 Bilaspur - Bhagat Ki Kothi Express will depart from Bilaspur Bi-weekly at 18.20
(Mon, Tues) and will reach destination Bhagat Ki Kothi at 05.00 (Wed, Thurs).
Train No. 18244 Bhagat Ki Kothi - Bilaspur Express will depart from Bhagat Ki Kothi at 00.05 (Thurs, Sat) and will reach arrive Bilaspur at 12.45 on every Friday and Sunday.
NEW MAHAMANA DELHI : VARANASI TRI - WEEKLY SUPER FAST EXPRESS
NEW TRI - WEEKLY SUPER FAST EXPRESS : NORTHERN RAILWAYINAUGURAL RUN OF VARANASI - NEW DELHI TRI WEEKLY SUPER FAST EXPRESS TRAIN on 22.01.2016
- In its inaugural run Train No.02417 Varanasi - New Delhi Tri Weekly Super fast Express train will depart from Varanasi on 22.01.2016 at 11.00 am to reach New Delhi at 00.50 am the next day.
REGULAR RUN OF NEW DELHI - VARANASI - NEW DELHI TRI WEEKLY SUPERFAST EXPRESS TRAIN FROM 25.01.2016
- Train No.22418 New Delhi - Varanasi Tri Weekly Super fast Express Train will depart from New Delhi at 06.35 pm on every Monday , Wednesday and Friday from 25.01.2016 to reach Varanasi at 08.25 am the next day.
- In the return direction, Train No.22417 Varanasi - New Delhi Tri Weekly Super fast Express Train will depart from Varanasi at 06.35 pm on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 26.01.2016 to reach New Delhi at 08.25 am the next day.
Ghaziabad, , Moradabad , Bareilly. Lucknow, Sultanpur and Jaunpur City stations enroute in both directions.
Booking of Mahamana Express train will be opened from 21.1.2016 from 8.00 hrs.
Features of New Mahamana Train
- Seven types of Coaches – SLR(Brake Van), GS(General Second), GSCZ, CN(second Sleeper), ACCW(AC II Tier), FAC (First AC) WCB(Pantry Car).
- Improved aesthetics and ergonomics in all types of coaches (ICF design).
- Modular Panels without visible screws and minimum maintenance hatches inside passenger area for better safety and aesthetics.
- Use of superior material for panels in terms of toxicity index and fire retardation.
- Ergonomically designed Ladders for climbing up to upper berths provided in all sleeper coaches.
- Aesthetically appealing toilet modules provided with enhanced passenger amenities like big mirror, platform washbasin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fan, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilet to name a few.
- Passenger Address system and GPS based passenger information system in the rakes.
- Shifting of electrical junction points from passenger area to non passenger area in a centralized distribution board for enhanced safety
- Use of e - beam cables and polyamide conduits for enhanced electrical and fire safety.
- Use of LED Lighting to enhance illumination and service durability while minimizing power consumption.
- Enhanced scale of light fittings including berth reading lights in GSCN Coaches and embarking light in all classes of coaches.
- The scale of mobile/ laptop charging points have been increased in all classes of coaches.
- LED based berth indicators cum night light for reserved coaches provided to assist passengers boarding train in night.
- Windows with powered Venetian blind provided in FAC coaches and roller blind in ACCW coaches instead of conventional curtains.
- Provision of dust bin in all coaches.
- Provision of fire extinguisher in all coaches.
- Provision of electrically operated chimney in Pantry Car
- Stainless steel paneling in Luggage Compartment of SLR.
NEW MUMBAI - KAZIPET WEEKLY EXPRESS TRAIN DETAILS: 11.01.2016
- Train No.22128 Kazipet - LTT Anandwan Weekly Express train will depart Kazipet at 18:30 hrs on every Tuesday with effect from 12th January 2016, arrive/depart Balharshah at 22:10/22:15 hrs and arrive LTT at 13:45 hrs on the next day.
- In the opposite direction, Train No.22127 LTT - Kazipet Anandwan Weekly Express train will depart LTT at 11:30 hrs on every Monday with effect from 18th January 2016, arrive/depart Balharshah at 02:55/03:05 hrs on the next day and arrive Kazipet at 06:45 hrs.
NEW HOWRAH - YESVANTPUR WEEKLY AC EXPRESS TRAIN DETAILS: 08.01.2016
- Train No.22863 Howrah - Yesvantpur Weekly AC Express train will depart Howrah at 11:00 hrs on every Monday with effect from 18th January 2016, arrive/depart Vijayawada at 04:30/04:45 hrs on the next day and arrive Yesvantpur at 16:00 hrs.
- In the opposite direction, Train No.22864 Yesvantpur - Howrah Weekly AC Express train will depart Yesvantpur at 11:15 hrs on every Wednesday with effect from 13th January 2016, arrive/depart Vijayawada at 22:35/22:45 hrs and arrive Howrah at 16:10 hrs on the next day.