IRCTC Refund Rules Revised From November 12 2015
Indian Railways once again revised earlier announced refund rule from 12th November 2015 ( 12 - 11 - 2015 ). This time IRCTC or Indian Railways modifies the fares to reduce the misuse of unauthorized fraud ticket booking blocking of ticket by different persons happening now a days. Another motivation to change this time fare is to Make use of Paper Less ticket or Mobile ticketing popularity increase. Hope this changes will make remarkable impact on Ticket Black Market discourage. Revised rule from July 2015 Automatic refund of fare on e-tickets implemented when Train Cancelled.
Summary of new Indian railways refund rule effective from November 2015 for the confirmed tickets
- Second Class ticket refund fare Rs. 30
- Second sleeper class ticket refund fare Rs.120
- 3AC/ACC/3A economy ticket refund fare Rs.180
- 2 AC/1st Class ticket refund fare Rs. 200
- 1st AC/executive class ticket refund fare Rs.240
Detailed IRCTC Revised refund rule from Novembers details are as follows
- Clerkage per passenger for cancellation of unreserved , RAC and waitlisted tickets revised. New Fare effective from November for this is - Undeserved (second class): Rs. 30 and Second class (reserved) and other classes: Rs. 60
- Cancellation charge per passenger confirmed (reserved) tickets (i). 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train minimum cancellation charge (a) 1st AC/executive class: Rs. 240 (b)2 AC/1st Class : Rs. 200 (c) 3AC/ACC/3A economy: Rs. 180 (d) Second sleeper class : Rs. 120 (e)Second class : Rs. 60 (ii). Between 48 hours and 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train @ 25% subject to minimum charge as per (i) above. (iii) between 12 hours and 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train @ 50% subject to minimum chargeas per (i) above. (iv) No refund after the above prescribed time limit.
- Partially confirmed Tickets: Upto half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train. Earlier this is Upto two hours after the actual departure of the train.
- Refund on unused RAC/WL tickets Cancellation: Upto half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train subject to deduction of clerkage charge. No refund after the above prescribed time limit. Earlier this is Upto 3 hours of the actual departure of the train subject to deduction in clerkage charge. No refund after the abO\/f3 prescribed time limit.
- Cancellation of trains for e tickets: With effective from 01.07.2015, automatic refund is granted. Filing of TDR is not required. No change for counter PRS ticket. Before this user have to manually file the TDR to get the refund amound. Now its so easy and getting refund on less time when trains cancelled.