Minister for Railways Shri D V Sadananda Gowda presented the Railway Budget for the FY 2014-15 on 08-07-2014. The salient features of this Rail Budget pertaining to South Central Railway are following.
|Railway Budget 2014 -15 :: South Central Railway|
Summary of Highlights:
- South Central Railway has got a huge share of the New Express Trains announced in this Budget. Out of 43 New Express Trains announced for the entire Indian Railways, 11 Express Trains either originate or pass through SCR system, benefiting the passengers in this region.
- Out of 9 rail routes, which have been are proposed for up gradation to enable running of trains with higher speeds, 2 routes fall under the jurisdiction of South Central Railway.
- A joint committee of Railways and State Government Officials will examine all the issues concerning Railways in the newly formed States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana so as to give necessary economic boost after holding co-ordination meetings..
Efforts will be made to set up High - speed Rail Routes to run trains with enhanced speeds of 160-200 kmph in select sectors so as to significantly reduce travel time between major cities. It is significant that two of the nine identified routes are on SCR. These are:
- Hyderabad – Chennai
- Secunderabad – Nagpur
There are 29 Projects running in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana at an estimated cost of Rs.20,680 Crores. Railways will hold a coordination meeting with the officials of the newly created States to consider their requirements so as to give necessary economic boost.
A committee of Railways and State Government Officials will examine all the issues concerning Railways in the twin states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Further action will be taken after receipt of the report of the Committee.
New Line Surveys to be taken up during 2014-15
- Aurangabad – Chalisgaon
NEW TRAIN SERVICES
Out of the 43 New Express Trains announced in this Rail Budget, 26% ie. 11 Express Trains will cater to the needs of SCR’s passengers. These are:
Originating Express Trains (05)
- Secunderabad – Hazrat Nizamuddin Premium AC Express
- Vijayawada – New Delhi AP Express (Daily)
- Kazipet – Mumbai Express (Weekly) via Balharshah
- Bidar – Mumbai Express (Weekly)
- H.S.Nanded – Bikaner Express (Weekly)
Passing through Mail/Express Trains (06)
- Shalimar – Chennai Premium AC Express
- Jaipur – Madurai Premium Express
- Kamakhya – Bengaluru Premium Express
- Ahmedabad – Chennai Express (Bi-weekly) via Vasai Road
- Vishakhapatnam – Chennai Express (Weekly)
- Tatanagar – Bengaluru (Baiyyappnahalli) Express (Weekly)