Indian Railway decided to improve it's services and decided to become more User - friendly and People Centric. For this Railway simplified the procedure for obtaining concessions for patients and physically challenged passengers. For improving the services Indian Railway decided to improve cleanliness as well as punctuality in train services.More details are following.
|IRCTC :: New User friendly Steps|
USER - FRIENDLY CONCESSION PROCEDURE :: Details
- A revised combined concession form has been introduced for all categories of physically challenged persons.
- Another single form (separate forms for outward and return journey) for all categories of patients (except for those suffering from ostomy) has also been introduced.
NEW STEPS FOR CLEANLINESS AND PUNCTUALITY :: Details
- Improvement in Cleanliness at Stations and in Trains.
- Improvement in punctuality of Mail/Express and Passenger Trains.
- Improvement in quality of linen supplied to passengers in trains.
- Attaching extra coaches to clear waiting lists to the extent augmentation is possible.
- To improve quality of food served in trains both in mobile and static catering.
- To reduce waiting time in queue for buying an unreserved ticket, so that it does not exceed more than 15 minutes.Introduction of Ticket Vending Machines for selling tickets with cash and coin.
- To give priority of movement to agricultural products in freight segment.
- To introduce a system of speedy clearances of proposals for sidings to Industries, Road-over-Bridges and Road-under-Bridges for National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and State Governments.
- Reduction of ‘Running time’of some trains.
- Proper regulation of temperature in AC coaches.