Union Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda will announce the Railway Budget 2014 -2015 today i.e 08-07-2014. Main expectation of the Rail Budget are
|Railway Budget 2014 -2015|
- Bullet Trains like Mumbai - Ahmedabad High Speed Bullet Train.
- Reduction of Fuel Costs
- Strengthening Safety and Security Mechanism
- Increased Private Sector Role
We will update the site according to the NEWS come. For updated NEWS please visit the site
- FDI plans for Railways
- Special Trains for Pilgrims circuits
- New Trains :: 5 Jansadharan, 5 Premium, 6 AC, 27 express trains, 8 passenger, 5 DEMU and 2 MEMU services; 11 train extensions.
- Railways to introduce 27 Express Trains
- Decided to mobilize resources and introduced 4 New Ways for that.
- 5 Jan Sadharan trains to be introduced
- Internet and workstation facilities on select trains
- Paperless office of Indian railways in 5 years.
- Digital reservation charts at stations
- Setting up of Railway University for technical and non - technical subjects, tie - up with technical institutions.
- 18 surveys to be undertaken for new lines
- Demands for new stoppages to be considered only after feasibility study
- Will launch Diamond Quadrilateral of High Speed Trains.
- Seeking Cabinet nod to allow FDI.
- Plan to attract investment from domestic and foreign players in infrastructure; focus to be on aggressive indignation
- Temperature - controlled storage for fruits and vegetable
- Special milk tanker trains to be introduced.
- Hospital Management Information System to integrate all railway health units and hospitals,23 projects under way in North East
- Outsourcing at 50 major stations; on board House keeping to be extended to more trains; launching feedback service through IVRS on the quality.
- Will develop 10 metro stations with state-of-the-art facilities
- Bulk of future projects will be financed through PPP mode.
- Efforts will be made to increase speed of trains to 160-200km/h on select sectors
- Wi-Fi services to be introduced at all A-class stations
- Bullet trains on Mumbai-Ahmedabad route
- Improve E - ticketing to 7200 tickets/minute. So 1,20,000 user can log in simultaneously.
- Capacity for ticket bookings through e - booking to be enhanced
- Special train to promote life and teachings of Swami Vivekananda
- Special trains for pilgrims circuits
- 4,000 women constables to be recruited to ensure safety of women
- 17,000 RPF constables to provide safety to passengers: Railway minister
- The recent fare and tariff hike to mop additional revenue of about Rs 8000 crore
- Online booking of railway waiting rooms
- RO drinking water facilities to be installed at stations
- CCTVs to monitor cleanliness of stations
- Food courts to be set up at stations
- Ready-to-eat meals to be introduced in phased manners
- Railways to build FOB and escalators, toilets on all stations
- Extending passenger-friendly services is our main motive
- Aim to become the largest freight carrier of the world.
- Will start work on High - speed networks