NERAL – MATHERAN TOY TRAIN DETAILS
The Central Railway partially resumed the services of Matheran Toy train on the stretch of 2.75 km between Aman Lodge and Matheran on October 30, more than a year after the train was discontinued owing to tow consecutive derailment, famous Newspaper reported. Neral-Matheran toy train is not fully operational presently now. The Central Railway is planning to resume the toy train services before March 2018. The 21 km stretch has four stations:- Matheran, Aman Lodge, Waterpoint and Neral. Currently, the train runs between Aman Lodge and Matheran so that tourists can reach Dasturi Point by vehicles.
Stations on Neral – Matheran Hill Railways turns to Green Energy
Central Railway announced on 21.04.2018 through a press release that Central Railway’s Matheran Hill Railway is a narrow-gauge heritage railway in Maharashtra, India. A delight to the tourists and the route to the summer destination for Mumbaikar’s covers a distance of 21 kms cutting a swathe through forest in Western Ghats from Neral to Matheran. The narrow gauge railway line halts at three stations in between i.e. Jummapatti, Waterpipe, Aman Lodge and terminate at Matheran. All these four stations are now provided with solar power plant of capacity 500-1000 Wp and wind Mill of capacity 6.1 KWp at matheran including energy efficient LED lights and Fans.
102 Matheran Services by Central Railway
Central Railway has revived its services to Matheran like never before to run 102 services every week, with and average of 17 to 22 daily, starting Friday, a famous Newspaper reported.
Due to the demand of tourists and residents of Matheran, and given the rising popularity, railway has decided to run more services on the Neral – Matheran line.
The six coach trains will run a total of 17 services on Mondays, 14 between Tuesdays and Thursdays, 21 on Fridays and 22 on Saturdays and Sundays. An elaborate time table has been worked out for the same.
Railway has invested about Rs.18 crore for upgrading the line. New locomotives are also being manufactured at the Parel workshop to improve services. They have also put up gabion walls and upgraded the old locomotives with digitised controls, air brakes and double the horse power.
The trains, previously running on 306 HP, will now run on 650 HP. The line, which opened in 1907, is already in the tentative UNESCO world heritage list.
The renewed services come after Central Railway announced in November 2017 that for the first time in its 110 year history, they were re-laying the entire stretch of railway tracks between Neral and Matheran, upgrading locomotives and redrafting safety parameters to revive and start full services by March.
Summery of Matheran Services
- 06.40 am – First daily train depart from Neral
- 09.55 am – First daily train depart from Aman Lodge
- 17th on Monday
- 03 From Neral to Matheran
- 14 Aman Lodge to Matheran
14 Tuesdays to Thursday
- 02 from Neral to Matheran
- 12 Aman Lodge to Matheran
21 on Friday
- 03 from Neral to Matheran
- 18 Aman Lodge to Matheran
22 on Saturday and Sunday
- 02 From Neral to Matheran
- 20 Aman Lodge to Matheran
Amount spent on upgrading the line – 18 Cr
Horsepower upgraded trains will run on – 650
- Monday – Total services 17 (8 Dn + 9 Up) : Neral-Matheran 3 (1 Dn + 2 Up), Aman Lodge-Matheran 14 (7 Dn + 7 Up)
- Tuesday to Thursday Total Services 14 (7 Dn + 7 Up) : Neral-Matheran 2 (1 Dn + 1 Up), Aman Lodge-Matheran 12 (6 Dn + 6 Up)
- Friday Total services 21 (11 Dn + 10 Up) : Neral Matheran 3 (2 Dn + 1 Up), Aman Lodge-Matheran 18 (9 Dn + 9 Up)
- Saturday and Sunday Total services 22 (11 Dn + 11 Up) : Neral Matheran 2 (1 Dn + 1 Up), Aman Lodge-Matheran 20 (10 Dn + 10 Up)
Toy Train Timings
Now the railway department is thinking to come up with steam engines. This will be a landmark event as toy trains possess heritage value which for sure any country would love to preserve.
Reportedly, the work to introduce steam engines to heritage lines has already begun. Currently, the total number of engines required for each section is being figured out. Once these numbers are out, Haryana’s Rewari steam locomotive shed will be roped in for engine production, informed a senior official.
And because vehicles are largely banned in the hill station, Toy Train has been an important mode of transportation. For now, if you want to visit Matheran, you need to drive till Dasturi or take a cab from Neral railway station as vehicles are stopped from entering the town after a point.
Toy Train Details
Neral – Matheran Toy Train Timings
|Train No.||Train No.||Station||Train No.||Train No.|
|52101||52103 Friday||52104 Monday||52102 Daily|
|06.40 hrs||09.00 hrs||Neral||17.00 hrs||18.20 hrs|
|07.26 hrs||09.46 hrs||Jumapatti||16.12 hrs||17.32 hrs|
|08.12 hrs||10.32 hrs||Waterpipe||15.26 hrs||16.46 hrs|
|09.02 hrs||11.30 hrs||Aman Lodge||14.40 hrs||16.00 hrs|
|09.20 hrs||11.50 hrs||Matheran||14.20 hrs||15.40 hrs|
Aman Lodge-Matheran Shuttle Services
|Train No.||Aman Lodge||Matheran||Train No.||Matheran||Aman Lodge|
|52147||Sa, Su & Mo||08.40 hrs||08.58 hrs||52148||08.15 hrs||08.33 hrs||Sa, Su & Mo|
|52149||Daily||09.55 hrs||10.13 hrs||52150||09.30 hrs||09.48 hrs||Daily|
|52151||Daily||10.45 hrs||11.03 hrs||52152||10.20 hrs||10.38 hrs||Daily|
|52153||Daily||11.55 hrs||12.13 hrs||52154||11.10 hrs||11.28 hrs||Daily|
|52155||Daily||12.45 hrs||13.03 hrs||52156||12.20 hrs||12.38 hrs||Daily|
|52157||Daily||14.00 hrs||14.18 hrs||52158||13.35 hrs||13.53 hrs||Daily|
|52159||Daily||15.05 hrs||15.23 hrs||52160||14.40 hrs||14.58 hrs||Daily|
|52161||Fr, Sa & Su||16.25 hrs||16.43 hrs||52162||16.00 hrs||16.18 hrs||Fr, Sa & Su|
|52163||17.15 hrs||17.33 hrs||52164||16.50 hrs||17.08 hrs|
|52165||18.05 hrs||18.23 hrs||52166||17.40 hrs||17.58 hrs|
- Matheran to Aman Lodge : 8.50 am, 10 am, 11.10 am, 1 pm, 2.10 pm and 3.30 pm
- Aman Lodge to Matheran : 9.25 am, 10.35 am, 11.45 am, 1.35 pm, 2.45 pm and 4.15 pm.
- First Class Fare : Adult : Rs.300/-, Child : Rs.180/-
- Second Class Fare : Adult : Rs.45/-, Child : Rs.30/-
One first class, 3 second class and 2 brake van
Details about other Toy Train Services by Indian Railway :- Toy Trains by Indian Railway
Central railways announced that from 11 – 3 – 2014 will run three pairs of services between Neral and Matheran after repairs to 3 locomotives. Also announced that from 11.3.2014, shuttle services between Aman Lodge and Matheran will be running as per schedule i.e. 7 services daily.
NERAL – MATHERAN TRAIN TIMINGS
- Neral Dep. 06.40 hrs Matheran Arr. 08.40 hrs
- Neral Dep. 09.10 hrs Matheran Arr. 11.20 hrs
- Neral Dep. 17.05 hrs Matheran Arr. 19.00 hrs
- Matheran Dep. 07.20 hrs Neral Arr. 08.55 hrs
- Matheran Dep. 12.50 hrs Neral Arr. 14.25 hrs
- Matheran Dep. 16.30 hrs Neral Arr. 18.10 hrs
AMAN LODGE – MATHERAN SHUTTLE SERVICES
- Matheran Dep. at 09.00 hrs, 10.10 hrs, 11.25 hrs, 12.05 hrs, 13.20 hrs, 14.30 hrs, and 15.25 hrs.
- Aman Lodge Dep. at 09.20 hrs, 10.30 hrs, 11.45 hrs, 13.00 hrs, 13.40 hrs, 14.50 hrs, and 15.45 hrs.