IRCTC launches e-Wallet facility to make the IRCTC transactions more faster and visibility. IRCTC refund period also reduced to one day when you are using IRCTC e-Wallet facility. Also we can Save Payment Banking gateway charges using eWallet services.
What is e-Wallet?
e-Wallet is a scheme under which user can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and can be used as payment option along with other payment options available on IRCTC for paying money at the time of booking tickets.
|IRCTC - eWallet|
- Dependency on a specific bank is reduced, as when any of the provided banks go offline, you can still book tickets from your eWALLET account.
- Precious booking time saved by eliminating payment approval cycle.
- Hassle free and secure transactions.
- Benefit of saving Payment Gateway charges per ticket.
- Manage account online and top up online.
How to Register IRCTC e-Wallet facility?
- Login to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click the "eWALLET Registration" link under eWALLET Section in the "Plan my travel" page.
- Complete Verification process by providing PAN CARD No. and other details.
- Deposit one time registration fee of Rs.250/- (inclusive of Service Tax and Education CESS on Service Tax,non refundable) online with any of the available payment options.
- Membership fee and Redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
- Credit the eWALLET account with the minimum deposit of Rs.100/- and top up with the required booking amount. Maximum amount permitted in user's account is Rs. 5,000.
- Pay ticket booking amount through eWALLET which is displayed as payment option along with other Banks.
Before booking tickets through IRCTC e-Wallet facility, Please Note - WALLET registration and booking through e-WALLET is not available from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
IRCTC official User Manual for e-WALLET facility is as follows IRCTC e-WALLET Complete User Manual
Enjoy faster ticket booking and payment services!!