Central railways publishes the events calender for the year of 2014. Following are the detailed Central railways events Calender
- Special Trains to Madgaon (6), Allahabad (10) and Secunderabad (8)
- Number of Daily Suburban Passengers cross 40 lakh (period 1.4.2012 to 31.1.2013)
- Level Crossing between Ambarnath and Badlapur closed from 21.2.2013 till further advice.
- New Pune - Amravati Bi - weekly Express introduced from 3.3.2013
- New Nagpur - Secunderabad Tri-weekly Express introduced from 9.3.2013
- 604 Summer Special Trains announced to various popular destinations like Allahabad, Varanasi, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Guwahati, Gorakhpur etc.
- Permanent augmentation of Secunderabad Duranto Express from 12.4.2013 and Tapovan Express from 15.4.2013 by attaching two additional coaches each.
- Introduction of LTT-Kamakhya Weekly AC Express from 21.4.2013
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus new station building dedicated to the nation on 16.4.2013.
- Special trains between Sainagar Shirdi-Hazrat Nizamuddin (8); Pune-Hazur Sahib Nanded (8) and Pune-Hazrat Nizamuddin (24).
- 125 years of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus station building. Special cover released on 27.5.2013.
- Photography exhibition of 160 years of Indian Railways at NCPA for 10 days from 6.6.2013. Entry Free.
- First escalator in Mumbai suburban area inaugurated at Thane station on 27.6.2013.
- Second shift working of PRS on Sundays started at CST, Pune, Nagpur, Solapur and Nasik Road.
- Two WDS-6 and WDM-3D locomotive manufactured at Parel Workshop.
- Revised Refund Rules and New Timetable for Western Zone comes into effect from 1.7.2013
- Foundation stone laid for Gulbarga - Hotgi doubling and new platform at Gulbarga by Hon’ble Minister for Railways on 23.7.2013.
- Platform no.5 & 6 at Thane extended to accommodate 24 coach trains from 8.7.2013.
- Foundation stone laid for Wadi-Gulbarga Electrification by Hon’ble Minister for Railways on 2.8.2013.
- Special Trains to Madgaon (130) and Velankanni (6)
- Extension of LTT-Bhubaneshwar Express to and from Puri from 11.8.2013
- New Sainagar Shirdi-Puri Weekly Express introduced from 18.8.2013
- Second Escalator opened at Thane on 15.8.2013.
- Diversion of Mumbai-Nagercoil Bi-weekly Express via Renigunta from 7.9.2013.
- Special Trains between LTT-Hazrat Nizamuddin (10) and LTT-Chennai (1)
- New Nagpur-Jaipur Weekly Express introduced from 26.9.2013.
- Diversion of 11093 Mahanagari Express and 13202 Rajendra Nagar Express via Chheoki from 15.11.2013
- 22133 Solapur-Yesvantpur Tri-weekly Express made daily from 24.9.2013.
- Reserved Coaches in LTT-Kamakhya Karmabhoomi Express to clear the extra rush of passengers from 9.10.2013.
- Revised Passenger fare effective from 7.10.2013
- New Sainagar Shirdi-Kalka Bi-weekly Express introduced from 8.10.2013
- New LTT-Ajni; LTT-Nizamabad and LTT-Karaikal weekly Express trains introduced by Hon’ble Minister for Railways in presence of Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 27.10.2013
- New Solapur-Mumbai 6 days a week train introduced by Hon’ble Minister for Railway in presence of Hon’ble Minister for Home Affairs on 26.10.2013.
- Escalator at Kalyan (17.10.2013) and Dombivali (7.10.2013) stations opened for public.
- New LTT-Hazrat Nizamuddin Weekly AC express introduced from 29.10.2013
- Hon’ble Minister for Railways launched trespass control works on 6 suburban stations on CR on 27.10.2013.
- New LTT-Hubli Express introduced from 8.10.2013
- Special Trains between Pune-Jaipur (2) and Indore-Nagpur (2)
- LTT-Nizamuddin AC Express given halt at Kalyan from 19.11.2013
- 4 Broad Gauge diesel locomotives manufactured in Parel Workshop
- Separate ticket booking counter for lady commuters opened at CST
- Disaster Recovery Mock Drill of Passenger Reservation System at Mumbai
- 36 hour fortress check conducted at Thane and Kalyan stations resulted in 4291cases of irregular travelling and realising Rs.19 lakh as fine.