South Central Railway and East Coast Railway announced some special arrangements for the comfortable journey of the Train passengers due to Train cancellation because of the Strike of Power Transmission Corporation and Samaikya Andhra Agitation in Andhra Pradesh. For checking the current situation of present Power Supply and Running of Trains South Central Railway General Manager conducted a high level review meeting. Following are the Special arrangements for the Train passengers in the Andhra Pradesh.
|Andhra Pradesh in Indian Map|
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS BY EAST COAST RAILWAY::
- For the comfortable journey of the train passengers stranded enroute, East Coast Railway has arranged Diesel locomotives for movement of long distance trains.
- Food and Drinking water provision has been made at different stations for passengers in stranded trains enroute.
- East Coast Railway has also opened Emergency Control Room at Visakhapatnam for smooth movements of the trains.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS BY SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY::
- Appoint official to maintain a continuous watch on the power supply position to Railways and the running of the Trains on a 24 x 7 bases.
- South Central Railway opened Emergency Control Room and published Helpline numbers.
- Give top priority for the running of Mail/Express trains and Passenger trains duly utilizing the available resources for running these first.
- In case of any shortfall in the supply of power to Railways, the movement of goods trains shall suitably be curtailed to facilitate movement of passenger carrying trains.
- Decided to use Diesel locos whenever necessary. During these 2 days, 15 Express trains have been run with Diesel locos in Electrified sections.
- Started to keep Diesel Generators ready as per need to ensure that supply of power to signaling systems at stations is not affected. Almost 32 Diesel locomotives have been kept ready to handle the emergency.
- Nine Special Passenger Train services have been operated in Vijayawada Division