IRCTC SMS TICKET BOOKING FORMAT AND NUMBER
As announced earlier SMS IRCTC ticket booking services via SMS started today. The remarkable thing to note this service is that can able work any mobile phone and not at all required any internet connection to do the booking. Hope this will be great relief to huge number of people who was siting on long queue to book rail tickets.
Two Options Available
i)SMS Based Booking
- For SMS Bookings, send a Booking SMS in specified format with information of Date of Journey, Class , Train Number and Passenger Details. You shall receive Seat Availability.
- In the second SMS make the Payment, which can be initiated in either 2 ways:-
- Using Mobile Money Identifier MMID and one-time password (OTP) as received from Bank for registered Mobile Number.
- Using PrePaid Wallet Cards or mWallets.
3. Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC.
Simple Steps to Book IRCTC Ticket via SMS as follows
- Step1 : SMS "RAIL" to 5676714
- Step2 : SMS "START IRCTC_LOGIN_ID (Specify your IRCTC login ID)" send to 5676714
- Step3 : SMS 'BOOK ,From Station Code,To Station Code,DDMMYY,Train No, Class, Passenger Name1, Age1,M/F,Passenger Name2, Age2,M/F,Passenger Name3, Age3,M/F,Passenger Name4, Age4,M/F' to 5676714
- Step4 :SMS "PAY 92xxxx41055,imps/mpay" to 5676714
If you have still on doubt to this then please see the following Video
Step by Step Video Tutorial to know how to book the IRCTC Train Ticket via SMS as follows
ii) USSD (Menu Based Dialing)
This facility currently provided by Airtel Money
- Airtel subscribers Dial *400# on their mobiles.
- Dial designated number, you shall receive a Menu Based Screen dialling. Select 'book tickets' option, select 'reservation' (user is prompted to enter his IRCTC user ID once only), enter details (date of journey, station, train no, class, etc)
- Enter mPIN for authorizing payment through mobile wallet
- Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC