Indian Railways announced that the existing ticket refund rules revised from July 1st 2013. Following are the details
Cancellation Of Unused Tickets With No Reservation Made
No reservation of a seat or berth has been made is presented for cancellation, refund of fare shall be made on every such ticket after deducting the clerical.
- The ticket shall be presented for cancellation within 3 hours of issue of ticket.
- In case of tickets issued in advance the ticket is presented up to 2400 hours of the day preceding the day of journey.
Cancellation Of Unused Tickets With Reservation Made
- If the ticket is presented for cancellation more than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, a minimum per passenger cancellation charge shall be deducted at the flat rate of rupees one hundred and twenty for air-conditioned first class/executive class, Rs. 100 for air-conditioned-II tier/first class, Rs. 90 for air-conditioned III-tier/ 3 economy/air-conditioned chair car, Rs 60 for sleeper class and Rs 30 for second class.
- If the ticket is presented for cancellation between 48 hours and up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charge shall be 25 % of the fare subject to a minimum of the cancellation charge.
- If the ticket is presented for cancellation within 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train and upto two hours irrespective of distance instead of existing 3/6/12 hours for distance 200 kms /200-500 kms/500 Kms and above after the actual departure of the train, the cancellation charge shall be 50% of the fare subject to a minimum of the cancellation charge.
- No refund shall be granted on the reserved ticket if it is surrendered for cancellation after 2 hours of the actual departure of the train.
- In case, on a party ticket or a family ticket issued for travel of more than one person, some persons have confirmed reservation and others are on waiting list, full refund of fare, less clerkage, shall be admissible for confirmed passengers also provided that the entire ticket is surrendered for cancellation within 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to 2 hours after actual departure of the train.
- The ticket is presented for cancellation up to 3 hours after the actual departure of the train irrespective of the distance.
- The passenger may get the tickets cancelled from any PRS counters or the designated current counters.
- No refund of fare shall be granted on RAC ticket /Wait listed ticket after 3 hours of the actual departure of the train.
- In case no current counters are available at journey originating station for night trains leaving between 21.00 hours and 06.00 hours.
- In remote and hill areas as identified by the zonal Railways with the prior approval of the General Managers and print in their Time Tables for train leaving between 1900 hours and 0600 hours(actual departure) refund shall be admissible at the station within first two hours after the opening of reservation/booking office, in case there is no reservation counters/booking office/ current counters. Available in that area.