Northern Railway have decided to make some Special Railway Arrangements to handle coming Holi and Summer Rush 2013. Northern Railway decided to make it action plan to ensure smooth functioning of reservation counters and to handle various passenger quires and to minimize the malpractice.
- Additional Counters for reservations
- Additional Railway staff for helping form filling.
- Senior Railway officers for supervising the Railway staff.
- Commercial and Vigilance Inspectors for controlling Malpractices.
- Special Ticket Checking Squads.
- Announcement of Special Trains.
- Publicity through Press Release about Special Trains.
- Better and improved services to Passengers in Trains.
Following are the details::
- Additional Counters for reservations be would be opened at the locations wherever it is necessary for the convenience of passengers.
- Railway staff would be posted near windows outside the reservation counters at all locations of the reservation offices during the period of ‘HOLI and SUMMER 2013” and would counter-sign the requisition forms after ensuring complete filling of the form, especially the address before it is submitted to the reservation clerk.
- Senior railway officers will be deputed to supervise all the reservation counters at all the locations, the staff nominated for counter signing the requisition slips and ensure availability of adequate requisition forms at all reservation offices.
- Team of Commercial and Vigilance Inspectors and RPF/Police staff would be deputed at reservation offices for keeping surveillance over the activities of touts and anti-social elements and detect various frauds including Travel on Transfer Tickets.
- Squads of Commercial and ticket checking staff would be formed to organize special surprise check to curb the activities of anti-social elements and to organize special checks to detect various frauds including transfer-of-ticket cases.
- Regular announcements about introduction of special trains, augmentation etc would be made for the information of users .
- Due publicity through press releases to both print and electronic media and loading on the Railway site would be done about the special trains , augmentation, additional stoppages the extra coaches for the public would be done well in advance for passengers to plan their journey.
- All efforts would be made to provide better and improved passenger amenities like cleanliness at stations and in trains, adequate drinking water, illuminated signage and clean and proper waiting halls etc.