CANCELLATION CHARGES OF RESERVED TICKET REVISED :: RAIL BUDGET 2013 - 2014As announced by the Minister for Indian Railways, Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal,while presenting Railway Budget 2013-14 in the Parliament, the Ministry of Railways has decided not to increase the Train Fare of any class, but to make changes in Reservation charge, Supplementary Charge for Super fast Trains, Cancellation charges on Reserved Tickets, Minimum and Maximum Tatkal Charges and Clerkage charges which have been increased. The revised charges will be w.e.f 01-04-2013.Details are given below.
- If a passenger wants to cancel the reserved tickets before 24 hrs in advance of the scheduled departure of the train he has to pay the minimum cancellation charge.
- For 1AC and EC - Existing Rs 70 - Revised Rs 120 - Difference Rs.50/-
- For 2A and FC - Existing Rs 60 - Revised Rs 100 - Difference Rs.40/-
- For 3A and ACC - Existing Rs.60 - Revised Rs. 90 - Difference Rs.30/-
- For SL - Existing Rs.40 - Revised Rs.60 - Difference Rs.20/-
- For 2S - Existing Rs 20 - Revised Rs.30 - Difference Rs.10/-
- If a passenger wants to cancel the tickets within 24 hrs and upto 4 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train. For this cancellation charge per passenger is 25% of the fare paid subject to minimum amount specified.
- If a passenger wants to cancel the tickets within 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.For this cancellation charges per passenger is 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum amount specified.