GPS BASED PASSENGER INFORMATION SYSTEM WITH LED BASED HEAD CODE IN NEW DELHI-GHAZIABAD LADIES COACH
Northern Railway, EMU Car Shed, Ghaziabad has for the first time introduced LED based head code(display board), GPS based passenger information and public address system on a trial basis on the EMU Train No.64449/64450 Ghaziabad- New Delhi Ladies Special train.
- Displaying valuable passenger information viz., name of station, direction of platform, current time, safety related information to the passengers, next halt station.
- This system is capable of synchronously triggering audio announcement of the above messages through the speakers provided in the coaches.
- The LED based head code and GPS based passenger information and public address system replaces the existing head code displayed on Destination boards.
- It is a microprocessor controlled system and has the facility of programming the destination station and other important information.
- The complete time table can be fed in the system and motorman has to only feed the train number to operate the system.
- System gives the better visibility and readability to the passengers.
- The GPS based system can be further used for displaying welcome and farewell messages, provide entertaining music and can also be used to pass any message to passenger in case of emergency arises due to fire or hoax call.
Northern Railway has planned to introduce this 45 rakes of EMU/ MEMU trains.