DISHA : Train App by Western Railway : Mumbai Local
Western Railway decided to add more features to its already launched Mobile app . The app launched in February will receive two new features. So the commuters on Western Railway suburban system will soon be able to get live update of the trains and time table of the suburban trains, a famous news paper reported. The two additions were already in the final stages of being rolled out and would go live for passengers by this month end, newspaper added.
|Mobile App by WR|
About App by WR
The App by Western Railway is called Digital Interface of Stations for Help and Amenities or DISHA. Along with providing general railway information, Disha also offers railway commuters the assistance of locating enquiry counters, entry and exit points, subway locations etc. The mobile App will also provide station-wise data of tickets sold, no of passengers per station, nearby refreshment outlets, ATMs, Railway Protection Force and Government Railway Police posts, locating an automated ticket vending machine (ATVM), auto/taxi stands, booking windows, bus stands, divyang window etc.
This Mobile App is user friendly and popular among passengers. The downloaded App would not need internet. The App is simple to operate and is very helpful to the first time local train travelers. For providing the cancellation and delayed information regarding trains help to avoid panic situation among passengers at emergency situations.
The DISHA App is available for free on Android. After downloading the app, users can select a station from the list of stations. Once selected, the App displays the following details.
- General Information : Station details, platforms, Wi-Fi availability, nearby places.
- Railway offices : Location of emergency medical rooms, GRP, RPF Stations, medical facilities, station master, TC offices.
- Traveler Assistance: Location of ATVM, auto/taxi stands, booking windows, bus stands, divyang window, enquiry counter, entry/exit points, Subway locations.
- Convenience : Location of ATMs, Book stalls, refreshment, STD/PCO stalls, Shoeshine counters, toilets and water coolers.
- Contacts : Emergency contacts such as RPF and Railway helplines.
- External Links: Links to check PNR, online ticketing etc.
You can download the app from the following link : - Digital Interface of Station for Help and Amenities or DISHA : Mobile App by WR
Download Mumbai Local Train Mobile Application
- Railway - Mumbai Local Train Time Table
- PNR Status Checking