RAILBUDGET 2012 : : KERALA
Union Railways Minister Dinesh Trivedi on 14th Wednesday, March 2012 presented the Rail Budget for the next fiscal in the Lok Sabha, with marginal hike in passenger fares ranging from 2 paisa per kilometre to 30 paisa per kilometre in various categories of trains.
Following are the main points for Kerala
- Trivandraum - Kasargod High coridor on propose
- Kanjikode Coach Factory work in the final stage
- Edapally-Guruvayur,Chegannur-Trivanthapuram Rail Route survey
- Palakkad - Coimbatore - Eroad,Ernakulam- Thrissur MEMU
- Nemam and Kottayam Coach Terminal is under study