AADHAAR ID IS MUST FOR BOOK TICKETUpdated : 05.12.2016
Indian Railway implement 1st phase of Aadhaar Id based ticketing system for PRS Tickets (both counter and e-tickets) for senior citizens. Following are the details.
|Aadhaar Card fro Train Ticket Booking|
Also Read : Card Payments : Special Discounts by Indian Railway
- Advance verification of senior citizens th rough Aadhaar shall be taken up by providing advance notice to senior citizen passengers to submit their Aadhaar details on line on IRCTC website or through the reservation offices from 01. 12.2016 onwards.
- From 1st January 2017 to 31st march 2017 requirement of Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be on voluntary basis.
- With effect from 1st April 2017, for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens, Aadhaar based verification shall be Mandatory.
- Verification shall be optional during the implementation of 1st Phase if senior citizen want to purchase ticket on full fare
- There shall be no change in procedure as regards concession to senior citizens in Unreserved ticketing.
- With effect from 01.04.2017, during journey senior citizen passengers shall carry any of the original documents including Aadhaar Card as notified from time to time for the purpose of identity proof.
- There shall be no change in other terms and condition as regards concession to senior citizens in passenger fares.
- CRIS shall make necessary arrangements for implementation of above and necessary changes required in the software if any.
- IRCTC will complete necessary formalities for Agency (ASAS) and other arrangements pertaining to them.
- Wide publicity should be given for submission of Aadhaar details through online on IRCTC website or through the reservation office.
- This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
UID - AADHAAR CARD ACCEPTED AS IRCTC TICKET ID PROOF
According to the South Central Railways recent announcement now we can use UID Card (Unique Identification Card) - Aadhaar by Govenment of India, as a proof of identity for IRCTC Tickets. That means now you can use this card as proof of identity for the E-Ticket and Tatkal Tickets.
Other than UID Indian Railways accepting 7 more documents as Identity proofs.