Aadhaar Authentication Service for Senior Citizen Passengers
Updated : 31.01.2017Advance verification of Senior Citizens through Aadhaar is going to be mandatory to avail Senior Citizen concession in Railway booking soon. Started as an optional feature during First phase, Senior Citizen passengers can authenticate their Aadhaar card on IRCTC website using "Master List" option in advance before proceeding for booking of Train Tickets.
- From 1st January to 31st March 2017, Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be on voluntary basis.
- With effect from 1st April 2017, Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be mandatory.
User GuideSteps to Authenticate Aadhaar Details
- Login using your IRCTC User ID and Password on IRCTC e Ticketing website.
- Click "Master List" link under "My Profile" menu.
- While adding new senior citizen passengers in the Master list, provide correct and complete details i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Gender as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card. Thereafter, select Senior Citizen concession option as Yes/No, ID card type as Aadhaar ID and provide Aadhaar number.
- Ensure that correct details as per Aadhaar Card have been submitted.
- Click on “Add Passenger” button to Add Senior Citizen passenger and authenticate Aadhaar details.
- Passengers will be added in the Master list with Verification Status as “Pending”.
- To check the verification status of Aadhaar details, use “Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status” option provided in the section.
- Verification status of Senior Citizen passengers who have authenticated their Aadhaar details successfully will be “Verified” and for failed authentications verification status will “Not Verified”.
- Senior Citizen passengers already available in the Master list without Aadhaar verification can also be verified by using “Edit” option and submitting complete details including Aadhaar number.
- After successful verification of Aadhaar details, Senior Citizen passengers can be selected from Master List and added to the Passenger Details while booking ticket.
- To add Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers in the Passenger details page, use “Select Passenger From Your Master List” link. A pop up with complete details of Passengers in the Master List will be displayed. Passengers selected from this page will be added to the Passenger entry form.
- Selecting Senior Citizen passengers from the Master list is an optional feature as of now and soon will be mandatory.
- After Aadhaar verification as a mandatory option for Senior Citizen concessions, Any Senior Citizen passenger availing concession will have to first authenticate his/her Aadhaar details and then select Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers from Master list pop up during booking.
AADHAAR ID IS MUST FOR BOOK TICKETUpdated : 05.12.2016
Indian Railway implement 1st phase of Aadhaar Id based ticketing system for PRS Tickets (both counter and e-tickets) for senior citizens. Following are the details.
|Aadhaar Card fro Train Ticket Booking|
Also Read : Card Payments : Special Discounts by Indian Railway
- Advance verification of senior citizens th rough Aadhaar shall be taken up by providing advance notice to senior citizen passengers to submit their Aadhaar details on line on IRCTC website or through the reservation offices from 01. 12.2016 onwards.
- From 1st January 2017 to 31st march 2017 requirement of Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be on voluntary basis.
- With effect from 1st April 2017, for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens, Aadhaar based verification shall be Mandatory.
- Verification shall be optional during the implementation of 1st Phase if senior citizen want to purchase ticket on full fare
- There shall be no change in procedure as regards concession to senior citizens in Unreserved ticketing.
- With effect from 01.04.2017, during journey senior citizen passengers shall carry any of the original documents including Aadhaar Card as notified from time to time for the purpose of identity proof.
- There shall be no change in other terms and condition as regards concession to senior citizens in passenger fares.
- CRIS shall make necessary arrangements for implementation of above and necessary changes required in the software if any.
- IRCTC will complete necessary formalities for Agency (ASAS) and other arrangements pertaining to them.
- Wide publicity should be given for submission of Aadhaar details through online on IRCTC website or through the reservation office.
- This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
UID - AADHAAR CARD ACCEPTED AS IRCTC TICKET ID PROOF
According to the South Central Railways recent announcement now we can use UID Card (Unique Identification Card) - Aadhaar by Govenment of India, as a proof of identity for IRCTC Tickets. That means now you can use this card as proof of identity for the E-Ticket and Tatkal Tickets.
Other than UID Indian Railways accepting 7 more documents as Identity proofs.