Indian Railways officials announced that for avoiding the miss use of the Tatkal Reservation Tickets the online reservation period reduced to 24 Hours instead of 48 hours (2 days), which is Currently existing.
Following are the key points of changes to be occur next week
- Tatkal Reservation Period Reduced to 24 Hours
- Restrictions for the Railways Booking agents extended to 2 hours i.e , can able to book after the peek hour 10 A.M onwards instead off 9 A.M
- No duplicate Tatkal ticket shall be issued and it would be done only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- One has to produce identity proof to buy Tatkal tickets
- Only four passengers per PNR for such tickets allowed.